ADVERTISEMENT

Great 80s-90s rock throwback weekend for NDallasRuss

NDallasRuss

HB Legend
Dec 5, 2002
A buddy from high school throws an occasional fundraiser concert here locally, and Saturday night was the 7th iteration. It's the first one I've been able to go to, since I'd moved away for so long. He had different bands playing, and even though it was a small venue, they were made up of some musicians from bands that I'd heard of/listened to back in the day. Including:
The lead singer of The Nixons
The drummer from Lillian Axe
The bassist from Damageplan

It was 6 hours of good music. Since my buddy knew all these guys, he introduced me to all of them, which was very cool. I don't really know many touring/pro musicians, so it was a new thing for me. I wouldn't say I was "starstruck" by any means, but it was still really cool.

Anyway, /csb - that was my Saturday night.

• Love
Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
Yours seems better than the one that i got at a work retreat once. Basically, it was the leads of various 80s power ballad bands -- Toto, Starship (Mickey whatshisname), John Cafferty, Survivor, and one more I can't remember. Highlights:
-John Cafferty having to be helped up on to the bar with his cordless guitar while strolling into the audience to play his mobile solo in Dark Side;
-German colleagues rushing the dance floor when the opening chords of Eye of the Tiger kicked in (the guy looked a little like hasselhof);
-the Toto guy opening a ballad duet by going up to the female backup singer and saying "Normally, I would get down on a knee and ask you to sing with me...but I just had surgery."

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT