ADVERTISEMENT

Great coaching and effort tonight

I'm still stunned by Dix being in down the stretch with Ulis and Tony watching.
He held his own.
Dix is playing solid defense. Perkins has become a turnover machine.

Great win by the Hawks. Fran coached a helluva game and Rebraca was outstanding. And, oh yeah, Kris scored 30 again.

Really wish we could start a game not going to by double digits.

Not good coaching. Glad the team came back to win. Fran's temper almost cost Iowa the gamew and probably should have. He went all the way to Indiana's side of the court to throw a tantrum. Good coaching would not have had the players come out sleeping at the start.
anoher who let’s his hate or his lack of knowledge make him look stupid! Was a TREMENDOUS job by Fran. Getting his team fired up when they were down by 20. Substituting with a short bench. Changing the half court defense. Applying pressure. Sorry know it would have been easier for you if we had lost.

anoher who let’s his hate or his lack of knowledge make him look stupid! Was a TREMENDOUS job by Fran. Getting his team fired up when they were down by 20. Substituting with a short bench. Changing the half court defense. Applying pressure. Sorry know it would have been easier for you if we had lost.
Well said

Reactions: Bishop1971
Indeed and 30% of the "fanbase" doesn't like it.
What is the point about randomly being negative to the negative crowd. Wowz is it not interesting conversation. I’m a Fran fan too. But I am willing to admit there are somethings that negative folks complaining aren’t all that wrong about. Just because a sweet 16 seems unlikely doesn’t mean I am not going to enjoy what positives fran can put together though. But let’s get off this weird your better trope because you know how to be a fan. No one cares about this talk.

He’s put some decent teams together. But if he hits year 15/16 and that sweet 16 still hasn’t happened, then ya the who’s next plan has to kick in. Until then I’ll take nights like this see what players he can develop into nba players.

What is the point about randomly being negative to the negative crowd. Wowz is it not interesting conversation. I’m a Fran fan too. But I am willing to admit there are somethings that negative folks complaining aren’t all that wrong about. Just because a sweet 16 seems unlikely doesn’t mean I am not going to enjoy what positives fran can put together though. But let’s get off this weird your better trope because you know how to be a fan. No one cares about this talk.

He’s put some decent teams together. But if he hits year 15/16 and that sweet 16 still hasn’t happened, then ya the who’s next plan has to kick in. Until then I’ll take nights like this see what players he can develop into nba players.
Injuries and issues are 2022-2023 and the same old tired BS comments against the program are tiresome and clueless. Yep I want a sweet 16 so badly as well but lots of dynamics in play here.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: perryhawk
Injuries and issues are 2022-2023 and the same old tired BS comments against the program are tired some and clueless. Yep I want a sweet 16 so badly as well but lots of dynamics in play here.
A lot changed tonight with sandfort playing well. With out him making shots it really did look like an unfinished roster, not just players needing to develop but possibly too many players that may not work together. But if he can keep it up and Dix can earn more minutes they could help avoid offensive slumps.

It’s still fun to see what become of these players become but it’s still fair to say to having low expectations come march for Fran’s squads is typically realistic. And I would think after hitting 15 year mark we would ask that to change or say thanks and ask Fran to move on.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
A lot changed tonight with sandfort playing well. With out him making shots it really did look like an unfinished roster, not just players needing to develop but possibly too many players that may not work together. But if he can keep it up and Dix can earn more minutes they could help avoid offensive slumps.

It’s still fun to see what become of these players become but it’s still fair to say to having low expectations come march for Fran’s squads is typically realistic. And I would think after hitting 15 year mark we would ask that to change or say thanks and ask Fran to move on.
Good post and fair

Call me crazy but there were several plays in the game and FS1 would replay that Filip made, that brought visions of Chris Street. I just think that he has been playing with so much fight and toughness that it reminded me of CS. Keep the fire Filip!

Last edited:
Dix is playing solid defense. Perkins has become a turnover machine.

Great win by the Hawks. Fran coached a helluva game and Rebraca was outstanding. And, oh yeah, Kris scored 30 again.

Really wish we could start a game not going to by double digits.
Yep. Unfortunately not sustainable with Kris playing 40 minutes and FR 38 minutes. We have to find a way to get a few minutes out of Mulvey or hope Jelly comes back soon.

Heck of an effort by these young men. I have been changing the channel but decided to stick with them tonight. A lot of fight in these young men.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Perkins is a huge concern. His play has been lackluster. But, even worse, has been his attitude. He pouts if things don’t go his way, walks up the court, slow getting back to the huddle/bench etc.

We all read way too much into things at times but he acts like someone who has already checked out. I hope that’s not the case because he can be such a positive a both ends of the floor when his mind is right.

Tony’s best play of the game
What a terrible thing to say. Basketball was supposed to be a no contact sport but has evolved into full contact street ball. Tony is a detriment to the team trying to play beyond himself dribbling into the lane and loosing the ball, falling down or lowering his shoulder and plowing into an opposing player and wondering why he was called for a foul. Our guard play lacks leadership in a lot of ways.

Reactions: Willin
Iowa hung tough - Perkins definitely tried to do too much on O but contributed on D I thought. His biggest contribution might been injuring Thompson sad to say.

Rebraca becoming a staple. Nice to see Sandfort hit a shot.

Agree that Frans decision to press (and yell at them when they didn’t) was a key move.

Love seeing Murray age like fine wine but think he has another level he can get to.

Agree that Fran out coached Indy - just seemed like he was making the first move.

Generally good positioning by the Hawks but would have liked to see a bit more defensive rebounding.

The early turnovers were just killers but Iowa settled down finally. Great team win, congrats.

Truly a great win!

I missed the first half due to a soccer game, thankfully.

The zone really caused Indy problems. Murray neutralized TJD’s scoring so CMACs and Sandforts scoring was huge.

Rebraca is getting so much better each game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT