ADVERTISEMENT

Great Game Hawkeyes!

BigRedFlood

All-Conference
Sep 2, 2012
This was a nailbiter and a fun game to watch. Your team played amazing. I had not watched much over the season, so it was very cool to see some of your major weapons in action.

Fant, especially Sargent, Epenesa, all great players.

I hope that we can bring this series a little closer in coming years and that we can see either team playing for a chance at the division title in this game.

Your team did so much to deserve this and I am glad to see you guys headed for a bowl game. Hope we can join you all in one next year.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Flood

This was a nailbiter and a fun game to watch. Your team played amazing. I had not watched much over the season, so it was very cool to see some of your major weapons in action.

I hope that we can bring this series a little closer in coming years and that we can see either team playing for a chance at the division title in this game.

Your team did so much to deserve this and I am glad to see you guys headed for a bowl game. Hope we can join you all in one next year.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Flood
You guys made this a closer game than I expected. I think both teams will have some hard fought battles in the future.

Yes good game. Iowa's still too physical up front for Nebraska. That continues to need to be addressed in Lincoln .

Great comeback. Thought you guys were going to steal it from the Hawks. Iowa finds ways to lose games they should win. Lotta fight in the Huskers the second half of the season. Respect your team but not some of your internet fans.

Respect your team but not some of your internet fans.

Yeah, sorry about the assholes. Most of us don't behave like that in person or online, though it might not seem so. I appreciate the great game and the better team won. I cannot and will not be bitter about it.

I only hope we can increase and live up to our potential, win a couple more games with each passing year, and maybe win some against the Hawks going forward.

Happy Black Friday

Games like this are what’s needed to make this a real rivalry. Congrats Hawks. Hope you guys get the Music City Bowl. It’s the most fun I’ve had at a bowl game. Happy Holidays. -Atlanta

Good luck next year. Things are definitely looking up for Nebraska. Adrian Martinez has a bright future.

Really impressed by his toughness. Average at nest oline and going thru the big 10 takes some guts for a true fresh

Nebraska should be excited about their future. You’ve improved greatly this year. We look forward to many great battles hoping of for Hawk victories

Shut it down while it's cordial! The only record longer than our losing streak is the length this thread has gone without unnecessary bs...

We need some defensive linemen like your two. That's an exceptional group for you guys.

Yeah, sorry about the assholes. Most of us don't behave like that in person or online, though it might not seem so. I appreciate the great game and the better team won. I cannot and will not be bitter about it.

I only hope we can increase and live up to our potential, win a couple more games with each passing year, and maybe win some against the Hawks going forward.

Happy Black Friday

Dammit stop with that intelligent reasonable response! I can’t bitch at you for being that way .
Martinez is the real deal. He’s shifty and dangerous when he’s in open space . He’ll be a handful if he sticks around...

Happy Thanksgiving,

Flood

Your team could have quit and didn't. Martinez looked pretty dangerous especially when the play broke down.

Also, thanks for a respectful post.

Last edited:

Happy Black Friday

I should of said, some of your fans!

Good luck next year before the Iowa game and happy holidays.

Thanks for the classy post guys!!! The Huskers are coming back FAST!! Next year should be a battle in the West, and Nebraska will be right there!!! Have a GREAT Holiday season!!!

Happy Thanksgiving,

Flood

Nice to hear coming from a poster who is not afraid to show their true username!

Happy Thanksgiving,

Flood
I think you guys finally found your next outstanding coach, in Frost. I was a big, big fan of Coach Osborne.

Best of luck, except when you play us ; )

Thanks, and your team played good, too. Martinez is a really good player. I hope Nebraska gets decent again, to make it an even more exciting rivalry game. Of course, it'll never be as big as the Michigan Ohio State game. But it would be exciting for sure if both teams are ranked, and even better if it was for the division title. And of course, I hope Iowa keeps winning.

Yes good game. Iowa's still too physical up front for Nebraska. That continues to need to be addressed in Lincoln .
That was obvious before this game was played, yet many, many Nebby fans predicted a victory. Why are Nebby fans so delusional?

That was obvious before this game was played, yet many, many Nebby fans predicted a victory. Why are Nebby fans so delusional?

Well, a victory did almost happen. Nebraska has improved by quite a bit over the course of the season, and Iowa was on quite a slide over the last month.

I picked Iowa to win the game, but Nebraska was more competitive than they've been. They were able to move the ball fairly consistently, just couldn't get the Iowa offense off the field when they needed to (especially in the first half) or get any pressure on Stanley.

Well, a victory did almost happen. Nebraska has improved by quite a bit over the course of the season, and Iowa was on quite a slide over the last month.

I picked Iowa to win the game, but Nebraska was more competitive than they've been. They were able to move the ball fairly consistently, just couldn't get the Iowa offense off the field when they needed to (especially in the first half) or get any pressure on Stanley.
Well, the mantra of "Iowa on quite a slide he past month" has been overblown as Hawks have played well for majority of each loss, but just had a handful of weird plays derail them in some very close losses. The 63 - 0 beat down of Illinois last week certainly got their confidence level back. Good to know you apparently picked Iowa to win this game, but looks like all the Nebraska media on the Nebraska rivals site picked the huskers in their prediction article. Homerism at its finest.

Well, the mantra of "Iowa on quite a slide he past month" has been overblown as Hawks have played well for majority of each loss, but just had a handful of weird plays derail them in some very close losses. The 63 - 0 beat down of Illinois last week certainly got their confidence level back. Good to know you apparently picked Iowa to win this game, but looks like all the Nebraska media on the Nebraska rivals site picked the huskers in their prediction article. Homerism at its finest.

They sure did pick Nebraska. And look how the game turned out....it almost came to fruition. Its just the way Iowa plays this year, tight ball games that they cannot always finish. They nearly let one slip away today.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT