ADVERTISEMENT

Great Keegan Article by The Ringer

How has it taken so long for him to get noticed? Don't get that. He's only a sophomore. And played behind some really good players

Thanks for sharing. Very well researched and written. Iowa fans have been blessed to have all of the Murrays at Iowa, Kenyon, Keegan and Kris. I think Keegan was the best all-around player I have seen in a Hawkeye uniform this past year That says a lot when my all-time favorite is still Ronnie Lester. Kenyon deserves a lot of credit, and the article captures that. Still hoping we get to enjoy Kris one more year at Iowa.

Reactions: mdhertle
Reactions: BrunoMars420
Thanks a lot for sharing the article link. I've read much about the Murrays, but this article was really thorough and really well-written.

Heck of a family and the parents should be extremely proud of their 2 boys. I just love their demeanor when they play...all business without all the antics

Reactions: Ronman

Fantastic read
Bruno. I just realized you had posted this article. My sincerest apologies for reposting it 🙏🙏. I’m not sure how to delete the thread. If someone lets me know, I’ll delete it right away.

Great piece. Kenyon was always one of my favorite Hawkeyes... even more so now.

Great read. Thank you for sharing.

One of the parts that spoke to me was the section about the stress Kenyon and Michelle felt during the recruiting process -- struggling to come up with the money to pay for everything, second-guessing whether or not they were doing the right things, and more. That stuff is real. I won't claim to understand exactly what Kenyon has experienced, but I can tell you that my own daughter was a high school athlete who went on to play in college. In my case, my kid was only a small-time softball player (who only lasted a single season on her college team), but I can attest to the stress parents feel as they labor to help their children achieve their dreams. You don't hear a lot about it, and I'm glad Kenyon spoke about it here, and that the writer included it in the story.

Hah! When I read about their teammates calling them with "Twin" instead of their actual names it reminded me of everyone doing the same with my brother and I. Even our sisters called us "Twin". They're both in for a huge adjustment living without the other for the first time.

ADVERTISEMENT