ADVERTISEMENT

Great season (home season)

Elihawk2

HB MVP
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2021
Man, I should not be suprised that there was bitching about the game experience and someone saying the season was joyless...the game day experience is so much better than it was 10 years ago and IMHO, it is what you make of it. Expect lines, there are often 70,000 in a pretty tight space and after no being in Kinnick in 2020, well bitching about the lines, TVs in the concourse, or someone swearing in the stands, well...Anyway, I am an optimists, but I cannot imagine anyone being in Kinnick this year and not enjoying the games (okay, that Purdue game hurt).

9-2 with the change to get 10 and 11 wins in the next month or so (even 12 is still possible). Some people just don't get how razor thin the difference between winning and losing some of these games is when you aren't Alabama/OSU and when this team didn't play well, well we won't beat good teams...

The O wasn't very good, to state the obvious and I didn't see these OL struggles when I watched the open fall practice and thought this team has great O potential. OL struggles and Kirks reigns on the O, well will still did enough to get 9 plus wins! You can complain about the O or just enjoy the wins, that is the way I look at it.

Defense was very good, great for getting TOs and the typical Phil/Norm Parker bend/no break Defense. Fundaments. Mostly good tackling. TOs. Like a pitcher's duel in baseball, some of you just need to enjoy the game and appreciate what we have in Iowa City.

Okay...O...I said a couple weeks ago this isn't Brian Ferentz fault that we gut out wins with a very "non dynamic" O! This is a slightly more dynamic O than O'Keefe or Davis, but this year OL play has really hurt any chance of putting up more big plays! When Kirk retires, it might change...but I for one will take poor offense and wins instead of a "defensive-less big twelve type team" any day!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News