ADVERTISEMENT

Great time at CHA Friday night!! And big thanks to Acuhawk!

Nashville_Hawkeye

HR All-American
Dec 31, 2015
Nashville
It's always awesome being able to attend a meet in person, especially those meets such as Friday night against PSU! And big thanks to Acuhawk for hooking me up!! BIG BIG Thanks!! Sadly, my wife had a crisis that forced me to leave during the match at 97, which prevented me from seeing the end of that match and Big Tony vs Kerk...which sucked!

I absolutely hated that our Hawks lost the meet, but was super impressed with how our guys looked especially in the big matches. That said, I think those matches showed that we still have very legit title contenders at 33, 41, 74, and even 97. All of those matches could have easily gone the other way. And Big Tony showed that he's still the man capable of beating everyone not named GS, which I loved to see and was most impressed with, especially after the way Kerk beat Mason Parris. Go Tony! Also, it was great seeing the Bull get back to his old self! Clearly he too is very capable of winning a title, which gives us five legit title contenders. We still have a chance at NCAAs!

For Tony's win, I'm donating $50 to HWC (contribution completed - see below). And since it worked for Tony, I'm going to try doing it for a few others come NCAAs.

Also, I know money is tight for many of us, but I would like to challenge any non-contributors who have the means to do so to donate $25 monthly to the Hawkeye Wrestling Club Inner Circle for the next year. I'm going to initiate my contribution right after I submit this post.

@ Acuhawk: Again, big thanks to you for hooking me up this weekend, and to you and Mike F for stopping by to visit with me during intermission and for the autographed cap...truly grateful!! :)

This is a receipt for your gracious donation to Hawkeye Wrestling Club.

Thank you for your donation. This will serve as your 501C3 receipt.

Organization: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Campaign: Hawkeye Wrestling Club - One Time Donations
Donor Name:
Amount: $52.07
Donation Interval: One-time
Receipt #: 19350425
Donated At: 01/31/22 01:45:00 CST
Payment Method: Visa
Donor Address:
Donor Comment: Nashville_Hawkeye

Thank you,

Hawkeye Wrestling Club

It was great meeting you. I hope everything is ok with your wife. Someday maybe I will be retired enough to meet up and catch one of those 12-15 lb bass you said you catch about every week :cool: Or maybe Grip will get ahold of me on the Inner Circle so we can set up and East Coast fishing trip. GET ahold of us Grip! Thanks for joining joining the IC. We need all the members we can get to help keep this great senior class around.

Also, Nashville bought my ticket. He also bought my 2 seats in front of him for a friend. His friend couldn't make it so he donated them back to me. I gave them to a friend from Southern Iowa. He and his wife made their first trip to Carver. They sat 2 rows behind the Iowa bench for their first meet thanks to Nashville's generosity. They're also going to be changing the black water from my RV parked on their property all summer, so Nashville's gift keeps on giving.

They about got a divorce before the first match though. She was holding both of his beers and set one in the cup holder not knowing they don't have a bottom. It fell and broke open. If you knew my friend you would realize the seriousness of her mistake. I think she picked it up fast enough to save a couple dollars worth though.

It was great meeting you. I hope everything is ok with your wife. Someday maybe I will be retired enough to meet up and catch one of those 12-15 lb bass you said you catch about every week :cool: Or maybe Grip will get ahold of me on the Inner Circle so we can set up and East Coast fishing trip. GET ahold of us Grip! Thanks for joining joining the IC. We need all the members we can get to help keep this great senior class around.

Also, Nashville bought my ticket. He also bought my 2 seats in front of him for a friend. His friend couldn't make it so he donated them back to me. I gave them to a friend from Southern Iowa. He and his wife made their first trip to Carver. They sat 2 rows behind the Iowa bench for their first meet thanks to Nashville's generosity. They're also going to be changing the black water from my RV parked on their property all summer, so Nashville's gift keeps on giving.

They about got a divorce before the first match though. She was holding both of his beers and set one in the cup holder not knowing they don't have a bottom. It fell and broke open. If you knew my friend you would realize the seriousness of her mistake. I think she picked it up fast enough to save a couple dollars worth though.
Hilarious story about the cup holders, Acuhawk! LMBO!! Thanks again for everything; you're the best!! :)

Reactions: acuhawk
Hilarious story about the cup holders, Acuhawk! LMBO!! Thanks again for everything; you're the best!! :)
Hey, Nashville. Was talking with my sister this morning. She mentioned talking with a Nashville Hawkeye fan in the lounge @ CHA who happened to be in town for a dual meet earlier this year Said he was originally from SC, IA & had come by himself to the meet. They were watching the Iowa women on TV ahead of the dual meet (PSU dual?). Guessing it was you??

Hey, Nashville. Was talking with my sister this morning. She mentioned talking with a Nashville Hawkeye fan in the lounge @ CHA who happened to be in town for a dual meet earlier this year Said he was originally from SC, IA & had come by himself to the meet. They were watching the Iowa women on TV ahead of the dual meet (PSU dual?). Guessing it was you??
I'm confident that was me...very nice woman and a great conversation. I watched the women's game for a good while until it was time to get down to wrestling business. The people in the Hawks lounge, even the hammered ones, were all so nice. Always great going back to Iowa! :)

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT