ADVERTISEMENT

Great to see healthy Ragaini and now Vines at WR; Bruce a good game

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
Nico had a really good day and those two shallow crossing patterns will give defenses something to think about as well as other routes.

Nico and Bruce had a few really good jet sweeps.

And Vines and Brecht are looking solid at moving the chains, running nice out routes.

I hope Brian F is going to add the out and up routes to the passing game soon to keep the opposing corners from cheating up and to burn them once in awhile.

I have to add that jNW was not even an above avg defense. Watching some replays and they just do not have the really good Lbkrs and safeties that jNW is used to having.

jnw was awful. I can't recall pat having a d that bad during his time as HC. zero pressure generation against a bad o-line combined with an out of position and mistake riddled secondary.
Iowa couldn't have asked for a better set up as confidence booster for a historically bad offense.

Reactions: uihawk82
jnw was awful. I can't recall pat having a d that bad during his time as HC. zero pressure generation against a bad o-line combined with an out of position and mistake riddled secondary.
Iowa couldn't have asked for a better set up as confidence booster for a historically bad offense.
Just what they needed! 🙂

I am still wondering how in the hell NW beat little nebby. And how they were within a TD of 4 teams they lost to, and held Penn State to 17 pts. Maybe they just gave up against Iowa?

Reactions: sober_teacher
Just what they needed! 🙂

I am still wondering how in the hell NW beat little nebby. And how they were within a TD of 4 teams they lost to, and held Penn State to 17 pts. Maybe they just gave up against Iowa?
I think there was rain and wind when jNW played PSU and PSU is up and down also.

Nico had a really good day and those two shallow crossing patterns will give defenses something to think about as well as other routes.

Nico and Bruce had a few really good jet sweeps.

And Vines and Brecht are looking solid at moving the chains, running nice out routes.

I hope Brian F is going to add the out and up routes to the passing game soon to keep the opposing corners from cheating up and to burn them once in awhile.

I have to add that jNW was not even an above avg defense. Watching some replays and they just do not have the really good Lbkrs and safeties that jNW is used to having.
I would say this was the best the receiving unit played all year with Nico, Bruce, Brecht and Vines. The OL finally allowed time to throw and our QB finally put the ball in a place for it to be caught. Let’s see how we progress with Purdue and Wisky up next.
It will come down to the OL execution.

Reactions: ichawk24 and BBHawk
I would say this was the best the receiving unit played all year with Nico, Bruce, Brecht and Vines. The OL finally allowed time to throw and our QB finally put the ball in a place for it to be caught. Let’s see how we progress with Purdue and Wisky up next.
It will come down to the OL execution.

Vines seemed to get open...maybe could/should have caught 1-2 that he didn't. This is the most WR targets I can remember all season...don't know if it was because BF made it a priority, or Petras made it a priority, or guys were just getting open more than normal. The OL had really good protection and Petras made maybe the 1st improvised play of his career off a scramble, fake run, then short toss.

Reactions: desihawk
Vines seemed to get open...maybe could/should have caught 1-2 that he didn't. This is the most WR targets I can remember all season...don't know if it was because BF made it a priority, or Petras made it a priority, or guys were just getting open more than normal. The OL had really good protection and Petras made maybe the 1st improvised play of his career off a scramble, fake run, then short toss.
Petras had time to throw, its that simple. He had an actual pocket and could go through a progression , at least as much as he is capable of. He still locks on to guys, but jNW was SO bad that it never hurt him.

ADVERTISEMENT