ADVERTISEMENT

Great to witness a Hawkeye win back in Kinnick Stadium

cidsports

HB King

Glad I purchased season tickets for the first time, since the 2010 season. It was great to be back and watch a home win against Penn State, like 2010 our 24-3 win that year, we did it. We all remember the 2010 game with Wisconsin, as well.

Glad to be back yesterday, after missing an earlier home game, due to my illness. Grateful, for the timing of my illness. Better to miss Colorado State, rather than this classic win againt Penn State, in the 2021 game.

Plenty of emotions this year, last year, and with the biggest game, since that infamous win in 1985 against Michigan, when I watched from the east stands back then.

This team is a joy to watch. I am sorry, I have often been a pro Kirk Ferentz guy.

Having been down for a couple weeks, I just sat back and said to myself, and maybe the two Penn State fans I was next to, be patient.

After all, Penn State was the first team to go 0-5 to 5-0 in starts, since Tennessee did it in 1989. By the way, Tennessee lost their 6th game at #10 Alabama that year.

Talking about Alabama, they lost their first game against a non-rated team for the first time, since 2007, at Texas A&M.

I didn't pick that one, but who cares, Iowa survived. My biggest concern was the clock, but I felt at 20-10, I simply needed to chip away at the deficit.

Maybe it would have been faster, if Sean Clifford had played, who knows.

The players stepped up. Iowa "next man in" Terry Roberts played well. He and the team will be tested next week and the rest of the way.

Sucks about CB Riley Moss' injury. I hope he fully recovers and can play for the Hawks in 2022 for his fifth season at Iowa?

We are witnessing that with Ivory Kelly-Martin this season. Time will tell?

Georgia #1, Iowa #2 and Homecoming this Saturday against our biggest rival Purdue. Those 20 non-winning seasons come to mind.

Let's Go Hawks!

Reactions: llm2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News