ADVERTISEMENT

GREAT WIN!

KirbyHawk75

HB Heisman
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
...but, just like what Chris Williams (even though he is a Cyclone, I really respect his work) said about the ISU-UNI game: "Dominating a FCS team is what a Big 12 team is supposed to do." Same with us.

That shows where our program is at. 6, 7, or 8 years ago, there would have been no doubt before the game, and we would wonder how many 2nd and 3rd teamers would get action.

In the past couple of years, however, it would have not been a total domination. It would have been WAY to close. So that is a positive.

I still have concerns about our offense. We are not going to dominate the line of scrimmage against Big Ten teams, Iowa State, or Pitt. I still do not trust our WR's and I like Daniels and Canzeri, but I still do not think they are a David Cobb or Tevin Coleman, at least yet...

BUT, saying all of that, this was a game this team needed. I think this gave them confidence. As a fan, I am feeling better about the team. I was someone who predicted a 6-6 season. I think we could be an 8-4 team..

We do not play Ohio State or MSU this year, so there is no team on our schedule that we cannot beat. However, with the possible exception of N. Texas (although McCarney is their coach), there is no team on our schedule who cannot beat us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News