ADVERTISEMENT

Greatest foreign policy act was Ronnie R busting Air Traffic Controllers Un

THE_DEVIL

HR King
Aug 16, 2005
Hell, Michigan
www.livecoinwatch.com
Scott Walker calls Reagan's bust of air traffic controller strike 'most significant foreign policy decision'
"I think foreign policy is something that's not just about having a PhD or talking to PhD's," he said. "It's about leadership."
Walker contended that "the most significant foreign policy decision of my lifetime" was then-President Ronald Reagan's move to bust a 1981 strike of air traffic controllers, firing some 11,000 of them.
"It sent a message not only across America, it sent a message around the world," Walker said. America's allies and foes alike became convinced that Reagan was serious enough to take action and that "we weren't to be messed with," he said.
Walker's comments came two days after he took heat for saying at the Conservative Political Action Conference that his experience battling labor protesters in Wisconsin has prepared him to take on Islamic State terrorists.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/02/28/scott-walker-calls-reagans-bust-of-air-traffic-controller-strike-most-significant-foreign-policy-decision/

Originally posted by Doodads and Hoohah:
Yes, I'm sure the entire world was just trembling. What a doofus.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I do not think the world was trembling either but as the OP said, they did see Reagan meant it when he said some thing. Some thing the rest of the world knows BHO does not share with the gipper

President Ronald Reagan had the courage of his
convictions concerning the Soviet Union. He was
adamant that the U.S.A. could win the cold war
without firing a bullet or dropping a bomb. He
wanted the Berlin Wall torn down and down it
came.

Reactions: grayhair81
Originally posted by LuteHawk:

President Ronald Reagan had the courage of his
convictions concerning the Soviet Union. He was
adamant that the U.S.A. could win the cold war
without firing a bullet or dropping a bomb. He
wanted the Berlin Wall torn down and down it
came.
And the liberals laughed when Reagan told Gorby to tear down the Berlin Wall.

Re: Greatest foreign policy act was Ronnie R busting Air Traffic Cont

George Schultz, RR's Secretary of State, said the same thing. You guys just continue to embarrass yourself with Scott Walker attacks.

Walker is absolutely right, and absolutely not original.

This point has been made frequently in the past, and not always by supporters of the Gipper.

Originally posted by jthawk:
George Schultz, RR's Secretary of State, said the same thing. You guys just continue to embarrass yourself with Scott Walker attacks.
Oh, well that changes it. Maybe you should quote Cheney while you're at it.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL

George Schultz is pretty well respected on both sides of the aisle. He is no Dick Cheney. You continue to reach.

Originally posted by theiacowtipper:
I am sure the world was trembling when Uncle Ronnie ran like a little girl from Lebanon.
See. That's the brilliance of Ronnie r.

Even though he ran like a scared 7th grader from Lebanon, the ruskies took note of the clever reverse psychology being employed by Ronnie r. And in fear dropped their weapons and peed their pants.

George Schultz is pretty well respected on both sides of the aisle. He is no Dick Cheney. You continue to reach.
Then please post a link to where Mr Schultz said air traffic controller union busting was a fabulous foreign policy move. Talk about reaches.

Sorry. Won't do your work for you. But if you want confirmation and to educate yourself on this subject read Peggy Noonan's piece in the Wall Street Journal. Get some facts before you try to debate next time.

Sorry. Won't do your work for you. But if you want confirmation and to educate yourself on this subject read Peggy Noonan's piece in the Wall Street Journal. Get some facts before you try to debate next time.

By the way, if you google it you will find several stories which will also confirm. The first rule when you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging.

By the way, if you google it you will find several stories which will also confirm. The first rule when you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging.

Sorry, kept getting the error message on my phone and it was telling me the post didn't work. Didn't mean to post several times
This post was edited on 3/1 12:26 PM by jthawk

Sorry, kept getting the error message on my phone and it was telling me the post didn't work. Didn't mean to post several times

Learn to use your phone before you try to debate.

Originally posted by wildcatdad:

Sorry, kept getting the error message on my phone and it was telling me the post didn't work.  Didn't mean to post several times

Learn to use your phone before you try to debate.  

Haha. Well done:)

Confirm what? What possible difference does it make if Georgie said something similar? It's still stupid.

To paraphrase the Lincoln parable, if you get another idiot to agree that a dog's tail is a leg, the dog still only has 4 legs.

Originally posted by Lone Clone:

This point has been made frequently in the past, and not always by supporters of the Gipper.
So what you're saying is that Walker is so stupid and dishonest that he even has to plagiarize the dumb things he says?

And ISIL is trembling in their boots at the thought of Scott Walker becoming POTUS...after all, look what he did to those 100k union demonstrators in Wisconsin! If there is any one group of people more diabolical and evil than ISIL, it would be those public sector union members in Wisconsin.

Originally posted by joelbc1:
And ISIL is trembling in their boots at the thought of Scott Walker becoming POTUS...after all, look what he did to those 100k union demonstrators in Wisconsin! If there is any one group of people more diabolical and evil than ISIL, it would be those public sector union members in Wisconsin.
Actually, ISIL probably sees Walker as a kindred spirit. Neither wants anyone teaching kids liberal values. They probably don't understand why Walker wastes time trying to strip teachers of their wages and pensions when beheading is so much simpler, but they agree education needs to be limited and a conduit for approved religious values.

Originally posted by What W...us Do?:
Confirm what?  What possible difference does it make if Georgie said something similar?  It's still stupid.

To paraphrase the Lincoln parable, if you get another idiot to agree that a dog's tail is a leg, the dog still only has 4 legs.

One of your buddies asked for confirmation, I told him where to find it. And I will take GS's opinion over yours any day of the week. Not even close

I googled "opinions of well-respected Secretaries of State." The result was "Iraq WMDs are a threat to US national security".

Really? Prompted by your post, I did the same thing, and there were two ratings lists. In one, Henry Kissinger was the only SecState in the last 115 years to be ranked in the top 10. In the other, Henry Kissinger and George Schultz were both ranked in the top 10 and the only ones ranked this high in the last 115 years. Try again pal

Really? Prompted by your post, I did the same thing, and there were two ratings lists. In one, Henry Kissinger was the only SecState in the last 115 years to be ranked in the top 10. In the other, Henry Kissinger and George Schultz were both ranked in the top 10 and the only ones ranked this high in the last 115 years. Try again palI wouldn't hang my hat on a war criminal

Originally posted by THE_DEVIL:

Really? Prompted by your post, I did the same thing, and there were two ratings lists. In one, Henry Kissinger was the only SecState in the last 115 years to be ranked in the top 10. In the other, Henry Kissinger and George Schultz were both ranked in the top 10 and the only ones ranked this high in the last 115 years. Try again palI wouldn't hang my hat on a war criminal
Obama droning innocent civilians in Pakistan and Afghanistan aren't war crimes?

Originally posted by 86Hawkeye:
This thread is great!

30 years on and Reagan still causes such liberal butt hurt.

Can't help themselves:)

Originally posted by What Would Jesus Do?:

So what you're saying is that Walker is so stupid and dishonest that he even has to plagiarize the dumb things he says?
No.

What I'm saying is that he's absolutely right and absolutely not original. He didn't make up the statement. But I am not surprised you are trying to pretend you misunderstood.

This post was edited on 3/2 10:36 AM by Lone Clone

A little history

Originally posted by What Would Jesus Do?:

No.

What I'm saying is that he's absolutely right and absolutely not original. He didn't make up the statement. But I am not surprised you are trying to pretend you misunderstood.

This post was edited on 3/2 10:36 AM by Lone Clone
Ronald Reagan was a polished speaker. Scott Walker is a little raw. I am sure he will improve, but Reagan would have never made that unforced error. In a national political debate it would hurt and make Saturday Night Live. It still might if he keeps saying it.

Scott Walker calls Reagan's bust of air traffic controller strike 'most significant foreign policy decision'
"I think foreign policy is something that's not just about having a PhD or talking to PhD's," he said. "It's about leadership."
Walker contended that "the most significant foreign policy decision of my lifetime" was then-President Ronald Reagan's move to bust a 1981 strike of air traffic controllers, firing some 11,000 of them.
"It sent a message not only across America, it sent a message around the world," Walker said. America's allies and foes alike became convinced that Reagan was serious enough to take action and that "we weren't to be messed with," he said.
Walker's comments came two days after he took heat for saying at the Conservative Political Action Conference that his experience battling labor protesters in Wisconsin has prepared him to take on Islamic State terrorists.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ike-most-significant-foreign-policy-decision/
Speaking of throwback threads. I was curious which thread was last on the list... 'twas this one.

Reactions: Rudolph
I tried the theory in this thread on my kid once. He didn’t mow the yard when he was suppose to so I taught him a lesson by taking my wife (no pics) to dinner at Hardee’s rather than Happy Joes. Needless to say it didn’t work on the boy AND the wife (again no pics) ate her meal anyway.

Reactions: Rudolph

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ike-most-significant-foreign-policy-decision/
That's been the opinion of quite a few people, actually. Not sure if Kissinger is one who is credited with it. Will do a quick google and see if I can find anything. But I've heard this many times over the years.

LOLAM....just noticed I replied to this thread 19 years ago.

Dwight Eisenhower and Ronald Reagan
were both leaders who had gravitas.
Foreign policy was their forte and world
leaders respected them.

Well, when you sign a contract saying you will not strike, it shouldn't be a surprise to get fired when you strike.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT