ADVERTISEMENT

Green Day frontman has had enough

Good for him. Now he’s able to live in a place where he can have an easier abortion. Godspeed American Idiot.

Sounds like a pretty intelligent friend. At least she's thought it all the way through and applied our Constitution to the issue rather than screaming like a child that doesn't get her way.
She's the former director of the rape crises center in as well as the former DPS commissioner.

Last edited:
Is she a lawyer? This a question of enumerated vs. unremunerated rights. Do some research and see how you feel about it.
No, I listed her background above--25 years experience as the director of the rape crises center and the former DPS commissioner. I was just sharing some of her comments on the ruling. Like this one below.

My line of work over the last 25 years has afforded me what I believe to be a very unique perspective on this topic. My own opinions are deeply challenged by my passion for serving women and the intimate knowledge and personal experience I have with survivors of sexual assault and child sexual abuse. I would never deign to think my opinion is “right”. I simply hope the years of experience I have in policy, womens rights, the nexus of sexual assault and abortion, and the hypocrisy and intention of politics can be useful and informative.

In terms of policy…since overturning Roe v Wade didn’t in fact create a “law”, rather it stated that the due process clause of the 14th amendment of the constitution doesn’t provide a woman the right to abortion - meaning in clear terms simply that the Supreme Court interprets the constitution to mean that the fed government doesn’t have the authority to make a law protecting abortion - instead, they interpret the constitution to mean that the states with elected officials representing their majority have the right to govern the topic.

Reactions: globalhawk
ADVERTISEMENT