ADVERTISEMENT

Griesbaum speaks out; UI athletics IT office had thousands of dollars' worth of irregularities

This is the reason why the Parking Department now oversees the Hawkeye Express every Saturday instead of athletics. Athletics once went weeks without depositing thousands of dollars worth of cash. the Parking Departments auditing even after the first year showed a lot of discrepancies that the athletic department had. For instance, the Hawkeye Express brought in more cash for the first 11 a.m. MAC game under Parking's watch than they brought in for big ten night games under the athletics watch.

Reactions: HawkeyeHoltkamp
The incompetence as an administrator side of this equation isn't yet overcoming the fundraising/glad-handing/butt kissing of big donors aspect of the job. Unless there is a significant downturn on the inflow of dollars I suspect he will be in place for the forseeable future.
We've already seen what doesn't get an AD fired. It would seem to take a much bigger, more negative, and more costly issue for him to lose his job.

Reactions: HawkeyeHoltkamp
The Griesbaum interview is 100 percent puff. Reporter forgot to ask her if it is ethical (regardless of university regulations) to have an undisclosed romantic relationship with a superior who is in a position make decisions on your livelihood.

The Newkirk firm knows how to pick reporters/columnists (see Basu tearjerker on Meyer) who will deliver uncritical pap. Newkirk is likely now trolling for national exposure for Meyer/Griesbaum, and itself. Someone (60 Minutes, NYT, Washington Post) will bite. Expect more tears, bear-hugging. The upside: it will then all be over, and Griesbaum/Meyer will have to live out their unhappiness with each other.

The Griesbaum interview is 100 percent puff. Reporter forgot to ask her if it is ethical (regardless of university regulations) to have an undisclosed romantic relationship with a superior who is in a position make decisions on your livelihood.

The Newkirk firm knows how to pick reporters/columnists (see Basu tearjerker on Meyer) who will deliver uncritical pap. Newkirk is likely now trolling for national exposure for Meyer/Griesbaum, and itself. Someone (60 Minutes, NYT, Washington Post) will bite. Expect more tears, bear-hugging. The upside: it will then all be over, and Griesbaum/Meyer will have to live out their unhappiness with each other.
While I'm certainly not taking her side on any of this, there's one key thing in your post, that I believe is incorrect. Her relationship with Meyer was not undisclosed. All of their superiors were aware of it.

While I'm certainly not taking her side on any of this, there's one key thing in your post, that I believe is incorrect. Her relationship with Meyer was not undisclosed. All of their superiors were aware of it.
just when were they all aware of it. I believe that it was after the firing of TG. Before that HR knew but I think the rest was whispering. If it was all clear why didn't it come out in the open?

just when were they all aware of it. I believe that it was after the firing of TG. Before that HR knew but I think the rest was whispering. If it was all clear why didn't it come out in the open?
I believe Barta, and his higher ups knew about their relationship long before her termination. This was discussed here during Meyers trial, that it was well known, and theres really nothing they could do about it anyway. My understanding is that Greisbaum didn't report to Meyer, she reported to Barta. As long as the school officials were alright with the chain of command, why would it need to come out? It really isn't anybody else's business.

Pin this to the top of the board.

ok fine. Then tell me why in the trial Jane said they used the "don't ask don't tell" about the relationship? That doesn't tell me it was out in the open even though many knew or assumed it.
So you are willing to throw, by numerous accounts, a good man (Barta) under the bus to placate two "Flaming Tools" for human beings. And, that description is being kind after talking to someone with very strong university connections outside of the athletic department. There was a great deal of disdain for JM outside of the athletic department as well. She was and still is a pathetic excuse for a human being.

So you are willing to throw, by numerous accounts, a good man (Barta) under the bus to placate two "Flaming Tools" for human beings. And, that description is being kind after talking to someone with very strong university connections outside of the athletic department. There was a great deal of disdain for JM outside of the athletic department as well. She was and still is a pathetic excuse for a human being.

I think it's fair to want to throw Barta under the bus for not doing his job documenting.

He might be a good fundraiser but it takes pressing a lot of palms to make up for 6.5 million, plus whatever it costs to conduct the multiple investigations which will be forthcoming.

no I don't think Barta is at fault. Just saying that Jane and her bride didn't exactly come clean on their relationship to the department

Gonna be interesting if Barta survives all of this.

Griesbaum speaks to reporters; the article and video here: http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...ried-represent-coaching-profession/337109001/

The article on the athletics dept audit: http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/ne...irregularities-ui-athletics-office/345733001/
Fart noises.

P.S. as a nobody-else-will-find-this-funny side note, since we're on the topic of Gary Barta, I posted this on my phone and when I first typed in "fart" my phone edited it to Gary.........

I think it's fair to want to throw Barta under the bus for not doing his job documenting.

He might be a good fundraiser but it takes pressing a lot of palms to make up for 6.5 million, plus whatever it costs to conduct the multiple investigations which will be forthcoming.
What other investigations?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT