ADVERTISEMENT

Gross a no show versus Fix

Flo interview posted 5 hours before, wrestling up vs Meredith couldn't hurt him. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck

I said it before say it again I feel Fix is going to be to fast on his feet for both Gross and Lizak.
Fix should handle both of them from the feet...
I hope Lizak goes Sunday but it is early in the year Fix should play take down and release in first period build up a lead..

Reactions: T8KUDWN
I said it before say it again I feel Fix is going to be to fast on his feet for both Gross and Lizak.
Fix should handle both of them from the feet...
I hope Lizak goes Sunday but it is early in the year Fix should play take down and release in first period build up a lead..
Why wouldn't Lizak go?

He had nothing to lose in that match, as numerous people have said they don’t even count that as a loss because he moved up.
Maybe not, but he comes off as a any guy anytime kinda person. So you honestly think he is fully healthy and playing it safe? I don't think we are ones to talk with how many guys we are resting. I was totally looking forward to the match tonight so I am bummed.

What would this mean for seeding at the Big 12 tourney if both wrestlers end up undefeated in the conference?

Maybe not, but he comes off as a any guy anytime kinda person. So you honestly think he is fully healthy and playing it safe? I don't think we are ones to talk with how many guys we are resting. I was totally looking forward to the match tonight so I am bummed.

No, I don’t think he’s ducking at all. Just saying that’s not a good indicator because he really wasn’t putting anything on the line.

Would a 1 or 2 seed matter in the Big 12 tournament? That is a two horse race at 133. Gross has no history of ducking so i will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: el dub
No, I don’t think he’s ducking at all. Just saying that’s not a good indicator because he really wasn’t putting anything on the line.
I get what you are saying. I was just thinking of it as the kid likes big matches and that is an instance where he made it happen, yes nothing big on the line but made it happen. I think if he was feeling good enough to go he would have been out there. If he was wrestling for Ohio State ... maybe something more to it.

I'm old enough to remember when Cory Clark was accused of ducking Seth Gross after his arm was pulled from his socket. I don't think Gross is ducking but a lot of the media is sticking up for him when it is crickets for other guys in this situation.

Hell...there are folks thinking Warner has ducked the first part of his season. Thought he was resting from worlds but Ironside put it out there that he had some type of freak accident that has kept him out. But we knew Warner was a no go days before. We found out about Seth at weigh ins which really sucks for folks that spent the money to watch.

Seth had to pull out of the All Star match due to an injury. I’m thinking this is still something to do with that. Hahn is going to do what is best for his guy. Is SDSU at the scuffle?

Last edited:
So if Fix was just a nobody instead of Superman as some posters think and Gross was a no show then nothing would have been said.

Gee, I wonder if Flo knew Seth was a no-go, with all the hype they gave the matchup.

I didnt go to the Celtics game in Boston to watch Fix/Gross on my desktop. Eh, Boston lost anyway in a snoozer

If I remember correctly when Seth was at Iowa he had a nagging back issue. I think it's been referenced before that it has been ongoing.

If Gross was pulled from the all star match and has a history of nagging injuries, maybe Flo should've covered the possibility of him sitting out this time around. Maybe we, myself included, should've been smart enough to realize this was a possibility as well.

Either way, Gross isn't ducking anyone. Especially a true freshman regardless of the prestige that follows him.

I don't think he ducked him but they surely knew he wasn't going to go long before today.
What I picked up today about Leesack was he looked quite a bit bigger, I don't see how he'd be able to hold 125. Anyone else think there's still a chance he drops?

Reactions: Edgar Wade
I'm old enough to remember when Cory Clark was accused of ducking Seth Gross after his arm was pulled from his socket. I don't think Gross is ducking but a lot of the media is sticking up for him when it is crickets for other guys in this situation.

Hell...there are folks thinking Warner has ducked the first part of his season. Thought he was resting from worlds but Ironside put it out there that he had some type of freak accident that has kept him out. But we knew Warner was a no go days before. We found out about Seth at weigh ins which really sucks for folks that spent the money to watch.
Your're that old?

ADVERTISEMENT