ADVERTISEMENT

Group of Illinois pediatricians call for schools to open

You didn’t point out hypocrisy. You simply claimed it. I asked you to provide evidence for that claim, and you have refused; instead pretending I somehow missed the point.

Don't even bother. Not worth it.

Again, your post I quoted is an example in this very thread. You don't want to see it so you ignore it. It's still there though.

No, in my post I agree with the experts. To prove hypocrisy (as I have pointed out twice) you need to show where I disagree with experts.

Without that, your post is an empty, baseless claim. And you know it.

Sometime you’ll need to try to support you claims with evidence. This technique just makes you look silly.

No, in my post I agree with the experts. To prove hypocrisy (as I have pointed out twice) you need to show where I disagree with experts.

Without that, your post is an empty, baseless claim. And you know it.

Sometime you’ll need to try to support you claims with evidence. This technique just makes you look silly.
JFC - I know you aren't this dense. At least I didn't think so.

"So long as we are clear - that the only experts to be believed are the ones you agree with."

You just cited "experts" you agree with (which is your MO) after trying to sarcastically chide people who believe only experts they agree with.

I can't explain it any more clearly for you. You're on your own from here.

JFC - I know you aren't this dense. At least I didn't think so.

"So long as we are clear - that the only experts to be believed are the ones you agree with."

You just cited "experts" you agree with (which is your MO) after trying to sarcastically chide people who believe only experts they agree with.

I can't explain it any more clearly for you. You're on your own from here.

Wow. You are less bright than I realized. What part of ONLY do you not get?

I've said since the beginning that having in person school is possible if it is done properly. I'm betting that the number of schools doing remote learning only right now are in a significant minority.

You just can't have school and pretend that there is no danger. Something we could do if so many people didn't go out of their way to be willfully ignorant.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Wow. You are less bright than I realized. What part of ONLY do you not get?
I get it completely and that you demonstrate exactly someone who ONLY believes experts you agree with yet you were trying to mock that type of person.

Think it through.

I get it completely and that you demonstrate exactly someone who ONLY believes experts you agree with yet you were trying to mock that type of person.

Think it through.

You need to turn your brain back on - because you are on auto pilot and not thinking.

I chided people for ONLY believing experts who agree with them.

ONLY.

One more time: ONLY

When you catch me disagreeing with experts who state something contrary to my preconceived ideas; then and only then can you accuse me of hypocrisy.

Stop being stupid.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
I've said since the beginning that having in person school is possible if it is done properly. I'm betting that the number of schools doing remote learning only right now are in a significant minority.

You just can't have school and pretend that there is no danger. Something we could do if so many people didn't go out of their way to be willfully ignorant.
My daughter’s school is 100% in person. They staggered start and dismissal times. The kids stay in the same classroom all day, but the teachers rotate in and out. They have to wear a mask everywhere in the hallways and moving about, but can take their mask off once they are in their seat in the classroom. Along with many other implementations.

Two and a half weeks in, everything seems to be going all right.

My daughter’s school is 100% in person. They staggered start and dismissal times. The kids stay in the same classroom all day, but the teachers rotate in and out. They have to wear a mask everywhere in the hallways and moving about, but can take their mask off once they are in their seat in the classroom. Along with many other implementations.

What grade are you talking about?

But yeah, it's not business as usual, that's for sure. Different districts have developed different plans. We had one student test positive and it put about 40 kids into quarantine. We had to rework things to try and spread people out farther.

To my knowledge, none of those 40 ended up getting sick.

You need to turn your brain back on - because you are on auto pilot and not thinking.

I chided people for ONLY believing experts who agree with them.

ONLY.

One more time: ONLY

When you catch me disagreeing with experts who state something contrary to my preconceived ideas; then and only then can you accuse me of hypocrisy.

Stop being stupid.
And YOU only believe experts who agree with you. One more time YOU. Chiding people who do what you do is the definition of hypocrisy.

Ignorance is usually bliss, this time it's just embarrassing for you.

Of course they didn’t get sick. That’s the next piece that needs to go. Quarantining close contacts, who are not getting sick, which shuts everything down for others.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan

2 more weeks.

My boys, 3rd grade and kindergarten, are doing all virtual in Ankeny for 1st semester. My kindergartener was born premature and has mild asthma. Grandpa and grandma watch them during the day, so we’re being cautious. So far I’ve been very happy with it. My 3rd grader has caught on and grasped the whole Chromebook and navigating in and out of apps thing. Hasn’t needed help with any of it in over a week. My kindergartener? The same, but he needs more supervision and help navigating the app. BUT, he is catching on to the point he is doing well on his own. Teachers have been fantastic too, under the circumstances of course. It’s not perfect, but I’m pleased with it so far.

Sucks they can’t be in school with their friends, but I think it’ll be ok for a semester. Especially being this young.

My boys, 3rd grade and kindergarten, are doing all virtual in Ankeny for 1st semester. My kindergartener was born premature and has mild asthma. Grandpa and grandma watch them during the day, so we’re being cautious. So far I’ve been very happy with it. My 3rd grader has caught on and grasped the whole Chromebook and navigating in and out of apps thing. Hasn’t needed help with any of it in over a week. My kindergartener? The same, but he needs more supervision and help navigating the app. BUT, he is catching on to the point he is doing well on his own. Teachers have been fantastic too, under the circumstances of course. It’s not perfect, but I’m pleased with it so far.

Sucks they can’t be in school with their friends, but I think it’ll be ok for a semester. Especially being this young.

It's good that you had the school option, and also the personal circumstances. Options are good.

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki

Maybe that’s true and I have a skewed view because of where I live. We have a positive test case of less than 5%; which puts us in Fauci’s “green” zone. But just about everything in the state is remote only until at least November.

And I keep seeing articles about remote only schools and the arguments going on about them. About 1/3 of NJ schools are remote only.

But perhaps we are the outlier. That would be good.

Now, if people who argue against me would at least grant that accommodations ought to be made for special needs kids rather than abandoning them, then we’d be getting somewhere.

Bring 'em back. They get to sit 15 to a room all day while the teachers rotate to them and they have their lunch delivered to their desk. I'll still be teaching remotely because they can't mix in the halls to come to encore classes. That's our plan that will only cost $17,000,000 that isn't in the budget.

What grade are you talking about?

But yeah, it's not business as usual, that's for sure. Different districts have developed different plans. We had one student test positive and it put about 40 kids into quarantine. We had to rework things to try and spread people out farther.

To my knowledge, none of those 40 ended up getting sick.
My daughter is in 7th grade. She goes to a private school in Cedar Rapids that has Pre-k through 8th grade. I’m not quite sure what they are doing for the really young kids.

Bring 'em back. They get to sit 15 to a room all day while the teachers rotate to them and they have their lunch delivered to their desk. I'll still be teaching remotely because they can't mix in the halls to come to encore classes. That's our plan that will only cost $17,000,000 that isn't in the budget.

I hope you don't teach any sort of math or finance classes. Do you teach drama or rhetoric?

I hope you don't teach any sort of math or finance classes. Do you teach drama or rhetoric?
Try - for once - to not be a complete fvcking idiot. I know it's incredibly difficult for you.

They're setting up schools in my district right now, idiot. I walk by the classrooms every day. Fifteen desks to a room. All other furniture other than a teacher's desk has been removed and is being stored in the gym. Students will sit at the same desks all day. Lunches will be delivered to the classrooms. They'll get their core instruction - math, science, ELA, soc. studies - by teachers rotating through that classroom. They'll get encore instruction - I teach engineering - online because they can't move around the building. So some of those fifteen will be in my class while others will be taking foreign languages, or health, or art, or - somehow - music. And to run that plan will cost $17,000,000 dollars over and above what the district had budgeted by the county commission. They've already run the numbers.

Reactions: Rudolph
Try - for once - to not be a complete fvcking idiot. I know it's incredibly difficult for you.

They're setting up schools in my district right now, idiot. I walk by the classrooms every day. Fifteen desks to a room. All other furniture other than a teacher's desk has been removed and is being stored in the gym. Students will sit at the same desks all day. Lunches will be delivered to the classrooms. They'll get their core instruction - math, science, ELA, soc. studies - by teachers rotating through that classroom. They'll get encore instruction - I teach engineering - online because they can't move around the building. So some of those fifteen will be in my class while others will be taking foreign languages, or health, or art, or - somehow - music. And to run that plan will cost $17,000,000 dollars over and above what the district had budgeted by the county commission. They've already run the numbers.

So you are a drama teacher then?

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
Holy shit. I've don't have kids in school. But listening (reading) you guys go after each other, I never thought school attendance would be civil war fodder.

If I were a parent, I would agree with my school's decision. Unless it appeared my kids safety would be compromised. I see arguments for both sides. Glad those days are behind me.

You teach engineering? What grade? In Forsyth County?

Lol. So it's on YOU to show that you agree with experts stating something contrary to my preconceived ideas.

This has been a fun teach.

Lol. You dumb.

When you catch me disagreeing - the way I caught a bunch here - then you can make your claim. Until then is an empty, baseless claim.

I'm pretty sure you know that, and you're just too embarrassed to admit it.

Last edited:
Lol. You dumb.

When you catch me disagreeing - the way I caught a bunch here - then you can make your claim. Until then is an empty, baseless claim.

I'm pretty sure you know that, and you're just too embarrassed to admit it.
No. You're a hypocrite for calling people out that ONLY agree with experts who support their pre-conceived positions while being one of those people. I don't need to catch you at anything - you've already done so.

I realize this is embarrassing for you and that your psyche refuses to admit your mistake. I'll leave it there.

You teach engineering? What grade? In Forsyth County?
Middle school. Basic engineering principle in 6th. They learn the design process, sketching, some programming, and we design and build CO2 dragsters. I teach aerospace and green energy in 7th and 8th. They learn how to use CAD software. Kids design and build gliders, rockets, and wind turbines. That's the biggest reason I'm hating this remote crap...we can't build except virtually. Even when they come back, our ability to do the kind of work we used to do will be severely limited.

Maybe that’s true and I have a skewed view because of where I live. We have a positive test case of less than 5%; which puts us in Fauci’s “green” zone. But just about everything in the state is remote only until at least November.

And I keep seeing articles about remote only schools and the arguments going on about them. About 1/3 of NJ schools are remote only.

But perhaps we are the outlier. That would be good.

Now, if people who argue against me would at least grant that accommodations ought to be made for special needs kids rather than abandoning them, then we’d be getting somewhere.

By no means can schools open, business as usual. Everyone still needs to be wearing a mask, efforts need to be made to limit class sizes, and kids need to be seated at least 6 feet apart. Ideally, rooms are equipped with adequate ventilation as well but that will be difficult to do outside of a modern science classroom and some trade skill classrooms. It usually means there needs to be some form of a hybrid model, unless the school already had a small student population, like exists in many private schools.

My school is in week 5 of in-person schooling. We have had one incident of a student testing positive that led to almost 40 other students having to quarantine. Other than that, we have had no other major incidents, although we have had a few other people test positive, but since they were taking precautions there were no exposures at school.

We have offered an online only option for students, and I think about a third of the students took that option. There are many other things we have done to minimize the risks and I think it has worked pretty well so far. I won't say there is no risk, but I will say that the risk has been minimized as much as possible.

What schools can't do is just treat this like it were any other school year and let people just do whatever they want and have 30 kids in a class. You won't have very many students healthy enough to be in school by October if that is what you did.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Middle school. Basic engineering principle in 6th. They learn the design process, sketching, some programming, and we design and build CO2 dragsters. I teach aerospace and green energy in 7th and 8th. They learn how to use CAD software. Kids design and build gliders, rockets, and wind turbines. That's the biggest reason I'm hating this remote crap...we can't build except virtually. Even when they come back, our ability to do the kind of work we used to do will be severely limited.

Thanks for what you do,

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT