ADVERTISEMENT

Guess what, more documents

We have now publicly released specific details about the documents identified, how they were identified, and where they were found,” Richard Sauber, the White House special counsel, said in a statement that noted that the White House counsel’s office will no longer answer questions on the matter with the investigation under way. “The White House will cooperate with the newly-appointed Special Counsel.”

It's a bout 25 total. OP will be disappointed when no wrongdoing is found.
Improper handling of classified documents is ALWAYS wrongdoing; whether intentional, unintentional or with criminal intent. I also don't care if it's Biden or Trump. Carelessness is no excuse and I've been clamoring on for years that politicians should be held to the same standards as the IC. Period.

Like I said in the other thread, I was placed on 30 days probation at NSA because someone else misclassified a simple meeting agenda SECRET (instead of FOUO) and I didn't catch it and carried it outside the SCIF. It was my responsibility to thoroughly inspect every document in my possession before exiting the facility. I did not.

It's a bout 25 total. OP will be disappointed when no wrongdoing is found.
The sad thing is, I’m sure you’re right.
SCIF marked documents found outside a SCIF would get prison time for any peon in the system, but there will be no consequences for undisputed violations of the law by the people at the top.
That’s the game.

Unbelievable. They keep showing the video of him saying “How could that happen? How can anyone be that irresponsible?”

Reactions: Finance85
They just keep finding things.

At some point the FBI will show up to search everything.
Life Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Reactions: standiego
I’m just curious, for those who have sounded off in this thread, what your opinion was when Trump had classified documents in his home? I hope it was the same.

SCIF marked documents found outside a SCIF would get prison time for any peon in the system, but there will be no consequences for undisputed violations of the law by the people at the top.
That’s the game.

BAU

That’s the game.
Biden took 25 of them, Trump took 325 and lied about returning them, Obama probably took them, Condi Rice had them in personal email accounts, so did Colin Powell, and Hillary had her own server with them. I support restructuring the whole system to stop this. My point is that this is likely to go nowhere with Biden. It's not even a scandal anymore it's so commonplace

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
Biden took 25 of them, Trump took 325 and lied about returning them, Obama probably took them, Condi Rice had them in personal email accounts, so did Colin Powell, and Hillary had her own server with them. I support restructuring the whole system to stop this. My point is that this is likely to go nowhere with Biden. It's not even a scandal anymore it's so commonplace
What needs to be restructured? Making them follow the rules in place doesn’t require “restructuring”. It requires our political leaders to be held to the same standards everyone else that handle classified materials is held to….

Just shows how our political elite don’t feel they need follow the same rules the common folk do….they know they won’t be held to account…or think they won’t

Last edited:
I’m just curious, for those who have sounded off in this thread, what your opinion was when Trump had classified documents in his home? I hope it was the same.

100% agree. Every single thread on thus topic.

Anyone care to share?

Reactions: EZ2BJZ
What needs to be restructured? Making them follow the rules in place doesn’t require “restructuring”. It requires our political leaders to be held to the same standards everyone else that handle classified material is held to….

Just shows how our political elite don’t feel they need follow the same rules the common folk do….they know they won’t be held to account…or think they won’t
It clearly does need restructuring, though. The system in place isn't working. I doubt you can hold cabinet members and Presidents to the same standard as the rest of us but a far more rigorous chain of possession is doable.

I have an idea for an experiment.

Let’s do raids on the homes and businesses of the individuals, family members, and known associates of Biden, Trump, Obama and anybody else that is suspected of this stuff. And to avoid any tears - we’ll make sure Donald gets less inspectors than the others

We should then clear out any evidence of who was holding the info and let them each select 1 judge to review the documents blindly and classify the severity of each information breach so we can tally up a score.

Whoever has the most points is removed from society entirely and the other 2 can be brought up on charges

Last edited:
Reactions: luvmyhawks
What needs to be restructured? Making them follow the rules in place doesn’t require “restructuring”. It requires our political leaders to be held to the same standards everyone else that handle classified material is held to….

Correct. @alaskanseminole or anyone else that may know. What would the punishment be for normal ol joes that Gat caught with classified documents?

It clearly does need restructuring, though. The system in place isn't working. I doubt you can hold cabinet members and Presidents to the same standard as the rest of us but a far more rigorous chain of possession is doable.
Why do you “doubt” that they can be held to the same standard. I don’t see any reason.

He’s the most incompetent person in any political office. We are the laughingstock of the world.
USA was the laughing stock of the world when the moron Trump was President. Now he's just the laughing stock of the USA.

Correct. @alaskanseminole or anyone else that may know. What would the punishment be for normal ol joes that Gat caught with classified documents?
Much more than a prez or vp. But that's how it works. They are the ones with the power to classify or declassify at will. Their authority is nothing like ours.

Since 2005, the FBI and the Justice Department have launched at least 11 such investigations, some targeting high-profile former U.S. officials, including a former national security adviser and a former CIA director.

June 2020 — Investigators conducted a search of the Hawaii home of Asia Janay Lavarello, a U.S. Defense Department employee, following her return from a temporary assignment to the U.S. Embassy in Manila. Investigators found numerous classified documents, writings, and notes relating to the national defense or foreign relations and said the documents – first seen by guests at a dinner party hosted by Lavarello – had not been transported by secure diplomatic pouch, as required.

Lavarello pleaded guilty to knowingly removing classified information in July 2021. She was sentenced in February 2022 to three months in prison and a $5,500 fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT