ADVERTISEMENT

Guesses on who sits out the bowl game?

If we’re truly a developmental team Labas should take all the snaps and see what he has to offer. I’m sure we’ll hear during bowl prep how well he’s progressing however.

Reactions: amahawk
No wonder he didn’t want to come back in. He was certainly fine on the sidelines waving his arms around calling plays …………….
Tom (I think it was Tom..)reported he was in a sling, which must have been a very delayed treatment b/c I also saw him exhibiting full range of motion with the throwing arm while on the sideline.

By not putting Spencer back in with what was clearly a minor issue, Brian and Kirk would attempt to make Padilla the reason we lost, rather than Petras.

Tom (I think it was Tom..)reported he was in a sling, which must have been a very delayed treatment b/c I also saw him exhibiting full range of motion with the throwing arm while on the sideline.

By not putting Spencer back in with what was clearly a minor issue, Brian and Kirk would attempt to make Padilla the reason we lost, rather than Petras.
You are joking, right?

I said should not would. Like Linderbaum, a kid who bleeds black and gold. yet he should. Lindy got injured last year and took months to recover. You've paid your dues now go get the NFL check, beating another 7-5 team isn't worth the risk to you son...
Many like to finish their careers with their teammates, it’s the bond they build.

I think Padilla will be back. He doesn’t have a ton of other options and I don’t get the feeling he has ambition to be anything more than a backup. His ambition is to go to Med School and Iowa helps him with that.
That might keep Bad QB2 on the roster - but I think the competition is really between Carson and Joe. Both guys come from offenses where they threw on the run, from the pocket and can both run downfield. Don't know what they look like in practice but they both look better than either Bad QBs 1 & 2 did at the same age.

It seems more likely than not that a staff that recruited BB, Drew, Ricky, pre injury Vanderberg, Jake R, CJ and Nate are not whiffing four consecutive years. Of course, it also seems impossible that anyone could actually play more poorly than the two Bad QBs.

Last edited:

Wow, I think some of you people have lost it. Petras was in a lot of pain on the sideline and had very limited ROM with his throwing shoulder. But keep spouting all your nonsense. FFS.

ADVERTISEMENT