ADVERTISEMENT

Guesses on who sits out the bowl game?

Wow, I think some of you people have lost it. Petras was in a lot of pain on the sideline and had very limited ROM with his throwing shoulder. But keep spouting all your nonsense. FFS.
Just what I saw from Spencer while he was on the sideline - Anybody that watched the game noticed it.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
He was shown several times on the sidelines with his arm in a sling. WTF are you talking about? If he moved an arm, it wasn't his right arm.
Not correct - he was going through full range of motion on the sideline initially. Now, it must have been painful in order for the sling to come into play but, he appeared to have full movement shortly after he was “injured”

Last edited:
Not correct - he was going through full range of motion on the sideline initially. Now, it must have been painful in order for the sling to come into play but, he appeared to have full movement shortly after he was “injured”
That testing Is normal. I saw that, too. Doesn't mean he had any strength when moving it which is exactly why he wasn't in there. This guessing by some of you us really just trying to find something else to bitch about. It's not the truth.

Coming off the field Petras was moving his injured arm with what appeared to be a fairly normal range of motion while exhibiting some pain,.. Once on the sidelines he was pretty quickly put into the sling.

Reactions: hawkhockey
You realize you're talking shit about two teams who beat Iowa, right?
They are not going to a bowl because many of the other teams they played were not wracked with injuries. Nebraska made bank knocking out our biggest playmaker in the 1st quarter and picking on his replacements (4th string CB) for their points. ISU...similar...they got to play a team that one one scholarship WR available on game day....and still barely won.

I said should not would. Like Linderbaum, a kid who bleeds black and gold. yet he should. Lindy got injured last year and took months to recover. You've paid your dues now go get the NFL check, beating another 7-5 team isn't worth the risk to you son...
Getting blown up vs Kentucky in that worthless bowl time after time almost dropped him further in the draft. Campbell and Meriweather shouldn’t go near that toilet bowl.

Reactions: littlez
I said should not would. Like Linderbaum, a kid who bleeds black and gold. yet he should. Lindy got injured last year and took months to recover. You've paid your dues now go get the NFL check, beating another 7-5 team isn't worth the risk to you son...
I don't blame guys for sitting out; if your goal in playing college football was to improve your game to get you to the next level for a pay day, you should absolutely sit out. If you came to do that AND fight with your brothers until the season is over, than you should play. Linder baum getting hurt didn't hurt his stock or cost him a dime. I have no doubt he doesn't regret playing in his last game as a Hawkeye, I'd be curious if Goodson is content with his decision.

I would be shocked if Jack Campbell doesn't play his last game in an Iowa uniform and I'll go as far as say there's less than a 1% chance of that happening if he stays healthy.

No, he's not. More evidence that we have the dumbest msg board posters in all of sports. Congratulations!
It is simply amazing how many experts there are on this Board and the fact that anyone would believe a coach would think that way is truly mind blowing.

I don't blame guys for sitting out; if your goal in playing college football was to improve your game to get you to the next level for a pay day, you should absolutely sit out. If you came to do that AND fight with your brothers until the season is over, than you should play. Linder baum getting hurt didn't hurt his stock or cost him a dime. I have no doubt he doesn't regret playing in his last game as a Hawkeye, I'd be curious if Goodson is content with his decision.

I would be shocked if Jack Campbell doesn't play his last game in an Iowa uniform and I'll go as far as say there's less than a 1% chance of that happening if he stays healthy.
He already said pretty clearly he is playing the bowl game.

With a third string QB starting and a couple of wideouts out we’ll be undermanned in a meaningless bowl. This is the kind of set up that it wouldn’t bother me if key players opt out. I do expect some to go to war with their guys, but if you’re on a suicide mission I could not hold a grudge against anyone who opts out.

ADVERTISEMENT