ADVERTISEMENT

Gun battle by my office complex

ihhawk

HR Legend
Feb 4, 2004
Fort Lauderdale
I was about to leave work and was walking to my car when I hear what sounds like a war zone on The main round by the office. Cop cars flying around everywhere. I got home and turned on the news.

some dudes robbed a bank and stole a UPS van. Major gun battle in the middle of the road with the cops and the robbers. The video on tv is unreal

I was about to leave work and was walking to my car when I hear what sounds like a war zone on The main round by the office. Cop cars flying around everywhere. I got home and turned on the news.

some dudes robbed a bank and stole a UPS van. Major gun battle in the middle of the road with the cops and the robbers. The video on tv is unreal

Just a normal day on the 405 in LA.

Can you FREAKING imagine being on the interstate and police officers using your car as cover? You in the middle of a shoot out? Not saying they shouldn't' have done it, but wow oh wow.

I would have been shoving that dumb ass who wouldn't move, that's for sure.

Rule #1 for Criminals: Have an escape route planned.

The traffic jammy highways in South Florida is not a good escape route plan.

So the cops shot the UPS driver? I’m surprised they just open fired like they did with all the cars around.

My interpretation was that the thugs shot a female UPS driver in the head and then hijacked the truck, leading to the cross-county chase.

And because of that, I'm not surprised it turned into a gun battle on the highway.

I'm surprised that more UPS trucks aren't stolen. They always leave the engine running and doors open and the trucks are full of packages that could include some really good stuff.

I'm surprised that more UPS trucks aren't stolen. They always leave the engine running and doors open and the trucks are full of packages that could include some really good stuff.

They have insurance for that.

Driver's lives? Not so much.

That section of road is a parking lot around 5pm. It’s all office complex and everyone leaves at the same time. It literally takes 15 minutes to go a mile. Really dumb for those robbers to take that exit.
The UPS driver was a young man

So the cops shot the UPS driver? I’m surprised they just open fired like they did with all the cars around.

Yeah, I just saw that. I'm not sure how to say this any better, but, hey cops...you don't kill the hostage. You try to calm the situation, you don't kill the hostage.

The only exception is if the bad guys have nukes. Then go ahead before they kill thousands. Other than that, you don't kill the hostage.

Yeah, I just saw that. I'm not sure how to say this any better, but, hey cops...you don't kill the hostage. You try to calm the situation, you don't kill the hostage.

The only exception is if the bad guys have nukes. Then go ahead before they kill thousands. Other than that, you don't kill the hostage.

That was a tough situation. If you didn't eliminate the shooters how many more would have died. Tough call.

Driver and bystander shot, cops put a couple hundred rounds in the van - not an optimal outcome.

Thanks, Nancy, for focusing on impeachment instead of gun safety laws.

dws

Driver and bystander shot, cops put a couple hundred rounds in the van - not an optimal outcome.

With a known target, that many known non combatants, plus a known hostage...the Army would have shown 1000x more restraint.

There was zero reason for the police to fire at that truck in that manner. And even less reason for them to use vehicles with non combatants in them as cover. Get the innocent people out of the area before you fire a single round, even if it's return fire.

With a known target, that many known non combatants, plus a known hostage...the Army would have shown 1000x more restraint.

There was zero reason for the police to fire at that truck in that manner. And even less reason for them to use vehicles with non combatants in them as cover. Get the innocent people out of the area before you fire a single round, even if it's return fire.

If they are shooting at you, how would you get the cars out of there? That would be my question.

Agree 100%. The rules for engagement are way tougher for our troops in foreign countries than they are for our domestic law enforcement against our own citizens in THIS country.

I'm not advocating for the criminals here. But seriously...watching those videos, you can just see the bullet holes going into that UPS truck. Too many cops playing Grand Theft Auto.

This is likely to get ugly for the PD. Were the robbers shooting from the van as they tried to get away?

Agree 100%. The rules for engagement are way tougher for our troops in foreign countries than they are for our domestic law enforcement against our own citizens in THIS country.

I'm not advocating for the criminals here. But seriously...watching those videos, you can just see the bullet holes going into that UPS truck. Too many cops playing Grand Theft Auto.
1000% correct. Our recent rules of engagement in foreign wars are a disaster. We go to support our national security with one hand tied behind our back. Stupidity at its finest.

If they are shooting at you, how would you get the cars out of there? That would be my question.

The same way you get civilians out of the way in a war zone. It is not "Rocket Science" rocketclone

Well explain. I saw a ton of cars so these guys are shooting at you do you walk up to the window and say please move your car? There is no place for the autos to go.

You have enough cars and enough people how do you get them all to do the same thing.

Not trying to be a smart ass but a lot of things have to go right on this scenario to get people to move.

ADVERTISEMENT