ADVERTISEMENT

Gun battle by my office complex

Watched the video again, and seriously...using stopped civilian cars as cover and shooting hundreds of rounds indiscrimately into a thin-paneled UPS van containing a hostage, with dozens of civilians 360 degrees around the “target.”

What exactly was the thought process here?
That was my thinking, too. Using an occupied civilian car as cover essentially says their life isn't as important as yours.

OP is from Florida. That makes sense. I always thought he was too big of a dick to be an Iowan.

Reactions: OrlandNole
The second guessing of cops in this thread with little known except video of part of the incident is really stupid here.

Reactions: Mattski
With a known target, that many known non combatants, plus a known hostage...the Army would have shown 1000x more restraint.

There was zero reason for the police to fire at that truck in that manner. And even less reason for them to use vehicles with non combatants in them as cover. Get the innocent people out of the area before you fire a single round, even if it's return fire.
Lol, Army would have used a tank or drone strike.

Reactions: pablow
Watched the video again, and seriously...using stopped civilian cars as cover and shooting hundreds of rounds indiscrimately into a thin-paneled UPS van containing a hostage, with dozens of civilians 360 degrees around the “target.”

What exactly was the thought process here?
To kill the guy before he killed more people? In a situation like this the best way to protect innocent lives is to eliminate the threat asap.

The second guessing of cops in this thread with little known except video of part of the incident is really stupid here.

Looks like cops had no good options here. These dirt bags were a threat to the cops and every person tramped on that roadway. There was no way to get people out of the area.

To kill the guy before he killed more people? In a situation like this the best way to protect innocent lives is to eliminate the threat asap.
Eh....

I read the driver who was shot was 350 feet away from the UPS. Sounds to me like they rushed into shooting.

I'm surprised that more UPS trucks aren't stolen. They always leave the engine running and doors open and the trucks are full of packages that could include some really good stuff.
They have GPS tracking on them that is so accurate you can track them down to their parking spot, you're not getting very far by stealing one of those.

This came on the news last night and before they even said where it was my wife says. That has to be in Florida.

Beware: in the first video you can see them catch the dead.

PassionateJointImperialeagle-size_restricted.gif

Lol, Army would have used a tank or drone strike.

No.

But, a drone strike would have been preferable to a gunfight on a crowded highway with innocent people completely surrounding it.

Were shots coming from the UPS van? We could all see the bullet impacts kicking up, and from the angles I find it hard to understand if some of those cops had an identifiable target to be shooting at. They are lucky several civilians weren't killed.
I'm like many of you concerning a reaction if this had erupted around me. I'm getting out of there even if it means I have to push your car out of the way. And, I'm certainly not trying to take cell phone video of the shoot out.

I was about to leave work and was walking to my car when I hear what sounds like a war zone on The main round by the office. Cop cars flying around everywhere. I got home and turned on the news.

some dudes robbed a bank and stole a UPS van. Major gun battle in the middle of the road with the cops and the robbers. The video on tv is unreal

I respect the police and applaud their service but some hid behind civilian vehicles which drew fire at those vehicles. Yes they need to take cover but they put lives in danger

Man who was taken hostage, killed was on this first day on the job as a UPS driver

MIAMI — Frank Ordonez, a father of two young girls, was the UPS driver who was taken hostage by two armed robbers and later killed during a shootout with police in Miramar, friends and family members have confirmed.

Ordonez had worked with UPS for five years, his brother told Miami Herald news partner CBS4.
Thursday was his first day on the job as a driver, CBS4 reported.

The two robbers and a bystander who was inside an idle car at the scene also died in the crossfire, the FBI confirmed Thursday night.

“No one goes to work thinking they won’t return,” True Homestead, a local Facebook group wrote shortly after the shoot out. “It breaks our hearts his (Ordonez’s) loved ones watched it unfold on live TV, very sad. Sending love and prayers to your family.”

Ordonez’s brother Roy has created a GoFundMe page to help raise funds for a lawyer, funeral costs and to support his three and five-year-old daughters.

“He didn’t deserve to die the way he did, he was just going to work to provide for his two little girls, which he loved so much, which are now left without a father,” his brother wrote on the page.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...ob-as-a-ups-driver/ar-BBXRucS?ocid=spartandhp

frank-ordonez.jpg

oh man..smh

You should have armed yourself and went to the roof and fired off a few rounds at the criminals.

Reactions: mnole03
That is really sad.

I still think the cops really screwed up here.

You might be right - but, once these guys started shooting at the cops with hundreds of trapped motorist endangered and in the line of fire, I'm not sure what options are available. The cops had to open fire.

I'm surprised that more UPS trucks aren't stolen. They always leave the engine running and doors open and the trucks are full of packages that could include some really good stuff.

I would think they would have the GPS device on them as well that can shut the vehicle down remotely. Maybe they didn't have time to use it on this one?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT