ADVERTISEMENT

Gun carriers..what differences have you made in 2020?

ghost80

HR Heisman
Feb 24, 2009
I know we have a substantial number of HROTers who legally carry at least sometimes. If you do, what changes have you made in 2020? (Examples: carry more often, second gun, different gun, spare ammo, ect).

I've carried my weapon twice this year just so I remember how.

My contribution is I didn't accidentally shoot myself or someone else.

Reactions: ghost80 and Moral
I upgraded all of my eyehole booby-traps to Magnums.

tumblr_n8pmbtfhid1ra3z82o4_250.gifv

I know we have a substantial number of HROTers who legally carry at least sometimes. If you do, what changes have you made in 2020? (Examples: carry more often, second gun, different gun, spare ammo, ect).

Same gun....Sig P365 w/ a grip extension. I only carry when in Chicago and only in some areas, but the # of those areas has increased this year.

Reactions: ghost80
I think I would be really really really good with a gun if I tested at a range with minimal instruction. I've only gone trap shooting once when I was 12 for a Boy Scout merit badge. After the first few rounds of practice, I was powdering 4/5 and 5/5 pigeons with a 20 gauge. I realize pistols are a different ballgame but I'm also not a one trick pony. Single season HR record holder at my high school, can play any chord progression in multiple 4/4 or 3/4 strumming patterns except for progressions using d-shaped bar chords, can effectively explain to a senior citizen over the phone how attach a document to an email. I'm good at things. I think I'd be pretty good at that.

I don’t carry any firearms.
I do, however, like to go target shooting with old .22s but damned if you can find any ammo the last 6 months.
Armscor has it. I've used it and it's quality is pretty close to CCI minimags. I don't shoot a lot of .22s but I was actually thinking about buying 10,000 rounds and donating a bunch to the 4H club.

Same gun....Sig P365 w/ a grip extension. I only carry when in Chicago and only in some areas, but the # of those areas has increased this year.
My current carry is a Sig 365. Liked it so much I actually bought a second one. Both are v3, have the bugs worked out, and are excellent carry guns. Pocket carry 10rd mag. IWB holster carry 12rd mag.

Reactions: Gonolz
Not a carry guy but owner. Bought another AR-15 for when the shit goes down.

Reactions: MACE and ghost80
Armscor has it. I've used it and it's quality is pretty close to CCI minimags. I don't shoot a lot of .22s but I was actually thinking about buying 10,000 rounds and donating a bunch to the 4H club.

Excellent idea. Post Sandy Hook I had a range buddy who is NRA certified and instructs the BSA riflery merit badge. He put out a plea requesting .22 ammo so I gave him a couple bricks. Asked him later if he needed more and he said, "No, I was really amazed how many folks stepped up and helped out those kids ".

Gun lovers are mentally anguished people. Please seek help for your sakes and ours. What a strange worldview you operate in.

Sad.

I fail to see the humor in your decisions made out of fear. What would spur one to make the decision to carry a firearm? Are you a victim of violence, a LE officer or do you live in a war zone? That would at least help me understand why you choose to carry.

Common sense does not equal fear.

Again, what a strange worldview you operate in where your version of common sense leads you to arm yourself in public. It doesn’t make much sense to me, but I don’t walk around fearful of others I encounter. I’d understand if it’s a duty to do so or you’re a victim of violence.

While not a conceal carry change one change I have made to my personal defense plan is to find a use for my FN57.

My FN57 was a gun I would not have bought for myself but was given as a present several years ago. To me it has been a gimmick gun and while fun to periodically take to the range it has lacked a purpose.

I'm not a fan of leaving a handgun all the time in your car or truck. Too many things can happen to it when it is not under your control. This summer did expose a niche for an oversized handgun that on occasion can be carried in your vehicle. Long barrel/long sight picture, flat trajectory, and 20 rd mag makes this gun a good fit in this role.

Full disclosure. The FN is pricey and some believe the 5.7mm is not a suitable self defense round. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt. I'm using it as a car gun because I already own it......NOT because I think that is the best gun in this role and am NOT suggesting anyone to go buy one and throw it in their vehicle.

Again, what a strange worldview you operate in where your version of common sense leads you to arm yourself in public. It doesn’t make much sense to me, but I don’t walk around fearful of others I encounter. I’d understand if it’s a duty to do so or you’re a victim of violence.
I don't hike around the woods in fear, but I still carry bear spray.

So a person should be a victim first, before they decide to carry?

Built a bunch of bump stocks and stopped taking my anti-depression medication so it gives me more time to collect data on upcoming church and synagogue meetings.

I mean...uh...I don't have any weapons.

Reactions: seminoleed

According to so many on the left we have a "massive" issue with random gun violence and mental health issues in this country....if there is carrying due to fear, it's due to media scare tactics.

It's due to 24hr coverage of someone shooting up a nightclub or the like. The people that cause the most gun purchases are the same ones to amplify every killing.... almost glorifying it.

I have never owned a gun, but this year is the first time in my 50 year existence that I've actually considered it and priced a 9 MM out. I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Um, there may be a lot of models being manufactured, but supply is very low.
...and prices high for what you find. Got lucky and didn't get gouged on my 2nd 365 purchased this summer...but it was still 50 bucks higher than the first one.

I actually carry a lot less, but I have a lot more ammo reserves. I did renew my CHL this year, though...good for another 5 years. This thread reminded me, I have an $80 gift card for my local gun range I need to use.

Reactions: ghost80
ADVERTISEMENT