ADVERTISEMENT

Gut CHECK time

Too bad it isn’t going go be well below freezing again. The weather almost looks to be too nice. In a battle of toughness and focus, Hawks would completely demoralized them in a cold weather game. Hopefully they do anyway.

We Iowa fans are gonna be so conflicted on Friday when the team puts up 28 points (all on offense) and wins by 25. Brian would do that to us.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Humorously enough I’m having a true gut check in a few minutes via being probed both from above & below (internal bleeding issue). The prep means I’ll be hungry for Thanksgiving & my gut should be able to withstand yet another heart stopper (do we play anything else??). Hoping for 56-0 but probably 19-7
Hope that gut check went well. Those oscopies can be brutal.

I want to see Hawkeye domination on offense,defense and special teams. A relentless offense, a merciless defense and magical special teams.
I only hate Nebraska for about three hours a year.
That is the maximum I ‘could’ like them. Circumstances would dictate.

Hopefully they will be trying to figure out who’s home they’ll be eating Christmas dinner at, if a good coach will consider Nebraska, cleaning out their lockers, and how to put their names into the portal.

I would expect them to come out on a mission, and hopefully Iowa can smash them in the mouth early

It's an interesting crossroads for this team. They have admirably dug themselves out of a hole and recovered when the season was looking like it might go into a downward spiral. They are now on the brink of returning to Indy. All they have to do is beat a 3-8 team at home who has lost to GA Southern and Northwestern, whose best win and only win away from home is a 1-point squeaker at Rutgers, is running a 5-game losing streak and has an interim head coach who took over mid-season of a sinking ship. But like has been said, everyone expects the Huskers to give us a heck of a game, and this miracle turnaround season could suddenly turn into a monumental f-up if they can't seal the deal Friday.

Like OP said - gut-check time. But I like our chances.
Well said. Thats why I think we keep the Hero's trophy. This is the type of game that KF's "culture" secures. Nebraska will come out guns blazin, (if they can), and we'll stay the course in a 4 quarter game. Hawks 24-10....

Here's what I'm praying doesn't happen. There's 5 minutes left in the second or 3rd quarter and all we have done is kick 2 or 3 field goals. The longer we let Nebraska hang around the more risks we have of being like Minnesota last weekend. They would love to kick a last second, game winning field goal as we have done to them the past years.
And they would love to carry off our goal posts except that will be awful hard to do with only a dozen fans from Neb. traveling into a state and giving their hard earned money to Iowans....35 to 10 Hawks

This game isn’t going to be a walk in the park by any means as Nebraska will bring it and would love nothing more than to spoil Iowa’s POSSIBLE BACK TO BACK BTW CHAMPIONSHIP…. And I would love more than anything to see Iowa as a team stomp them into next year. Going to be a pretty close game but if Iowa plays Iowa football like the last 4 weeks I LOVE ❤️ our chances. Iowa WILL win

Gut -Checked

th

Still feeling good about this game boys

With a gut like that, the penis becomes nothing bigger than a second belly button. Ok, sorry. TMI!

I want to see Hawkeye domination on offense,defense and special teams. A relentless offense, a merciless defense and magical special teams.
I only hate Nebraska for about three hours a year.
There are 8760 hours in a year.

3/8760 = .034% of the year hating Nebraska.

I truly believe all hawk fans should commit to 1%, but I concede that may be a west coast Iowa thing.

ADVERTISEMENT