ADVERTISEMENT

Gutter Guards/Leaf Filters

hawkeyez

HR Heisman
Oct 21, 2002
Looking to purchase and install something before the leaves start falling. Here's my main criteria:

A) Doesn't cost an arm and a leg
B) Easy to install (DIY)
C) Works effectively/doesn't clog up easily

Any recommendations or brands/styles to avoid?

Looking to purchase and install something before the leaves start falling. Here's my main criteria:

A) Doesn't cost an arm and a leg
B) Easy to install (DIY)
C) Works effectively/doesn't clog up easily

Any recommendations or brands/styles to avoid?

I put a set on my devious gutters and they didn’t work at all. I installed new gutters and had guards put on and they work really well.

I haven’t had much lucky either. Even if they stop the leaves usually the damn helicopters get stuck or sticks.

I had a mesh put on mine when I got new gutters 17 years ago. The only problem is one year the oak fuzzies needed to be brushed off with a broom.

I haven’t had much lucky either. Even if they stop the leaves usually the damn helicopters get stuck or sticks.

I'm most worried about the damn helicopters. I assume most products on the market will work fine at keeping leaves out.

I have whatever the gutter guy put on a few years ago.
I do love the commercials on TV where the wife exclaims to her husband just how dangerous it is for him to climb a ladder!!
Apparently she has seen the safety presentations about never going above the 4th rung.

We had LeafGuard on our Gutters and the worked great for about 7-8 years until about a month ago when large tree branches landed on them and janked the crap out of them and the gutters they are attached to.

How much do these things cost?
You can do it yourself w the metal screens from HD for a couple hundred bucks. I had them add the aluminum/plastic gutter covers w holes when I reroofed this year for $800. All new LeafGuard gutters and downspouts were $3000 in 2010 for a 3000 sq foot two story.. Got to be more now.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT