ADVERTISEMENT

Guy eats two Big Macs a day - for the last 50 years!

Hawki97

HR Legend
Dec 16, 2001
Iowa City, IA
A couple fast food posts on the board recently but didn't see this posted. Streak started on May 17, 1972 and he's only missed 8 days. I'm not sure to be massively impressed or massively disgusted. Unbelievable. It's unfortunate he could find time between Big Macs to get a decent haircut.

MILWAUKEE (Spectrum News Milwaukee) - Don Gorske’s Big Mac streak started on May 17, 1972.

“I’ve only missed eight days in 50 years, which is phenomenal. And like I say, I count every Big Mac. I’ve counted every Big Mac I’ve eaten my whole life,” Gorske said.

Gorske eats two Big Macs a day.

“All through life here, a lot of people said, ‘You’ll be dead before you reach 50 years of eating Big Macs.’ I guess I proved them wrong,” he said.

His son is not surprised at his father’s persistence.

“We always went to McDonald’s with my dad and had happy meals. I always loved my chicken nuggets, and my brother always loved his hamburgers. It’s how we grew up. It’s just an everyday life kind of thing for us,” he said.

Gorske’s son has more of a varied diet.

“I used to eat chicken nuggets every day. I used to eat cheeseburgers every day, but eventually you just get sick of it. I don’t know how he does it, but he certainly does,” he said.

Gorske says he will continue eating Big Macs with a Coca-Cola on the side until he dies.

“A lot of times people will say, ‘You look like I’m eating a Big Mac for the first time,’” Gorske said. “I guess that’s how I feel sometimes. They’re that good to me, and there’s really nothing else I’d rather eat,” he said.

Copyright 2022 Spectrum News Milwaukee via CNN Newsource. All rights reserved.

Last edited:
A couple fast food posts on the board recently but didn't see this posted. Streak started on May 17, 1972 and he's only missed 8 days. I'm not sure to be massively impressed or massively disgusted. Unbelievable. It's unfortunate he could find time between Big Macs to get a decent haircut.

MILWAUKEE (Spectrum News Milwaukee) - Don Gorske’s Big Mac streak started on May 17, 1972.

“I’ve only missed eight days in 50 years, which is phenomenal. And like I say, I count every Big Mac. I’ve counted every Big Mac I’ve eaten my whole life,” Gorske said.

“All through life here, a lot of people said, ‘You’ll be dead before you reach 50 years of eating Big Macs.’ I guess I proved them wrong,” he said.

“We always went to McDonald’s with my dad and had happy meals. I always loved my chicken nuggets, and my brother always loved his hamburgers. It’s how we grew up. It’s just an everyday life kind of thing for us,” he said.

“I used to eat chicken nuggets every day. I used to eat cheeseburgers every day, but eventually you just get sick of it. I don’t know how he does it, but he certainly does,” he said.

Gorske says he will continue eating Big Macs with a Coca-Cola on the side until he dies.

“A lot of times people will say, ‘You look like I’m eating a Big Mac for the first time,’” Gorske said. “I guess that’s how I feel sometimes. They’re that good to me, and there’s really nothing else I’d rather eat,” he said.

What's wrong with long hair? Mine looks like that.

Reactions: GOHOX69
What's wrong with long hair? Mine looks like that.

Well, if you've got the Lloyd Christmas bangs to go along with it - I like it!

dumb-and.gif

I'm not sure why this was surprising to people. The problems start when people go to the drive thru and order 3-4 burgers, large fry and a 30 oz drink almost everyday.

Exercise and have a minimum level of discipline with the amount of food intake and you're not going to be morbidly obese. Fast food is fine.

I am curious what his other diet consists of. I'd think if you're a two a day Big Mac kind of person, chances are you're not salads and tofu the rest of the time. Who knows I guess. His blood panel would be interesting as well.

I'm not sure why this was surprising to people. The problems start when people go to the drive thru and order 3-4 burgers, large fry and a 30 oz drink almost everyday.

Exercise and have a minimal level of discipline with the amount of food intake and you're not going to be morbidly obese. Fast food is fine.

Ehh if you limit it to just those 2 big macs and a coke for the entire day then it's doable.

Problem is that 2 big macs and a coke is probably at least 2/3rds to 3/4ths of your daily caloric intake for a moderate level of activity. That's close to 1400 calories So it doesn't leave much room for anything else.

That is assuming that this guy isn't crazy active like he's Michael Phelps training for the Olympics.

It's doable but it seems to make things a lot more difficult.

There is no food anywhere that I could eat twice a day for 50 years and not get tired of.

I am curious what his other diet consists of. I'd think if you're a two a day Big Mac kind of person, chances are you're not salads and tofu the rest of the time. Who knows I guess. His blood panel would be interesting as well.
I've found that people's weights are much more reflective of "how much they eat" than "what they eat". Salads and Tofu will help with feeling full, but if this guy never cooks and only eats 2 Big Macs a day thats going to keep him at a decent weight level. This is a lot of sodium and saturated fat, which would really take its toll.

Reactions: hoks2415

That is the weirdest haircut I have ever seen.

I've found that people's weights are much more reflective of "how much they eat" than "what they eat". Salads and Tofu will help with feeling full, but if this guy never cooks and only eats 2 Big Macs a day thats going to keep him at a decent weight level. This is a lot of sodium and saturated fat, which would really take its toll.

Yeah, like I said - his blood panel would be interesting.

I'm pretty sure she can.

Dan Gorske is a pretty good name for someone who's eaten two Big Macs every day for most of his life. I thought he's look heavier. This couple looks like John Lennon and an older hybrid of Trudi Weigel (from Reno 911) and Janeane Garofalo.

John-Lennon-Apple-rooftop-Jan-30-1969_Ethan-A.-Russell-Apple-Corps-Ltd.jpg

pvE2Zx1v_400x400.jpeg

86bbd5dce457d03bb598407193050afc--janeane-garofalo-perfect-bangs.jpg

Add in my Lloyd Christmas reference above…and I think you’ve nailed it.

Reactions: cfbfan23
ADVERTISEMENT