ADVERTISEMENT

H Walker, B Clinton and the GOP

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
Back in the day, the Newt Gingrich led GOP was repulsed at the fact the President Clinton had an affair in office to the point that they had Clinton impeached.
Now this same GOP is circling the wagons around their US Senate Candidate Hershel Walker who has abandoned his 4 children and paid a girlfriend to have an abortion (his child).
In 20 years, what’s changed in the GOP? :eek: My answer is......not much.

One angle: when dems are advocating for children to be taken from their parents if they don't let the kid have their penis cut off by a surgeon, GOP tolerance for moral misgivings moves accordingly.

In politics, when year after year we get "Giant douche" vs "turd sandwich," you always have to consider the alternative.

Do you want a guy who has illegitimate children? Or a guy who wants to break up families over 12 year olds wanting sex changes (paid for by tax payers)?

Of course it's not a single issue decision, but NOBODY would have advocated for the 2022 dem position on this in 1998.

I disagree. Republicans cared very much about the BJ, but only insomuch as they were jealous that Clinton was able to get one without having to pay for it.
What folks cared about in the 1990s is way different than today. Yes, the GOP looks like hypocrites if they were offended by a bj and then voted for Trump.

At the same time imagine, Bill had to lie about smoking pot in the 60s and then right after him Bush openly admitted using coke and Obama admitted doing drugs in college.

Shit changed quickly

Last edited:
One angle: when dems are advocating for children to be taken from their parents if they don't let the kid have their penis cut off by a surgeon, GOP tolerance for moral misgivings moves accordingly.

In politics, when year after year we get "Giant douche" vs "turd sandwich," you always have to consider the alternative.

Do you want a guy who has illegitimate children? Or a guy who wants to break up families over 12 year olds wanting sex changes (paid for by tax payers)?

Of course it's not a single issue decision, but NOBODY would have advocated for the 2022 dem position on this in 1998.
at least someone understands the Overton window and where we are at in society.

Hyperbolic and conflate much in order to deflect?

Reactions: Rudolph

No dem is advocating for this. You're being obtuse. We aren't cutting penis off right and left in minors.

Reactions: Rudolph
No dem is advocating for this. You're being obtuse. We aren't cutting penis off right and left in minors.
Nor did I say it happened all the time. I said advocating for taking kids away when they dont support gender change, and that is absolutely happening, because it was the law of the land where I live in VA for a short time under full dem control 1 year ago. That's been overturned by the new administration in VA, but it is not at all obtuse, in fact it's 100% accurate to say dems advocate for taking kids (minors) away when parents attempt to council their children rather than allow gender change. They own that, and Rs are clearly against it.

As I said it's only one issue of many people decide on, and it's probably even less of an issue than abortion, so this isn't a thread to be overtaken by gender change.

I was merely making the point when one party advocates such an extreme, accepting a candidate with illegitimate children is a much shorter bridge to cross.

Could you give us a number on how many minor children have undergone that surgery in the last decade? A number with a legit citation, if you don't mind. TIA

It would seem that the GOP tolerance for lies is what's failing here. Makes sense after bending over for Trump since 2016.

Nor did I say it happened all the time. I said advocating for taking kids away when they dont support gender change, and that is absolutely happening, because it was the law of the land where I live in VA for a short time under full dem control 1 year ago.
Citation?

Nor did I say it happened all the time. I said advocating for taking kids away when they dont support gender change, and that is absolutely happening, because it was the law of the land where I live in VA for a short time under full dem control 1 year ago. That's been overturned by the new administration in VA, but it is not at all obtuse, in fact it's 100% accurate to say dems advocate for taking kids (minors) away when parents attempt to council their children rather than allow gender change. They own that, and Rs are clearly against it.

As I said it's only one issue of many people decide on, and it's probably even less of an issue than abortion, so this isn't a thread to be overtaken by gender change.

I was merely making the point when one party advocates such an extreme, accepting a candidate with illegitimate children is a much shorter bridge to cross.

How many children did CPS seize for parents opposing their change of gender.

Look I'm with the right on most of the transgender stuff especially when it comes to children but this seems like hyperbole.

And I'm of the opinion that you can't succeed with a socially conservative platform without leaders who live their social conservatism.

6xdc0g.jpg

Numbers over the past decade?
Nor did I say it happened all the time. I said advocating for taking kids away when they dont support gender change, and that is absolutely happening, because it was the law of the land where I live in VA for a short time under full dem control 1 year ago.
Citation?

ADVERTISEMENT