ADVERTISEMENT

Had a friend get shot last night

Cant be serious.
It’s just a guess.

I have driven by the spot a few times and many people I have talked to think the same thing. Another group thinks the shot came from a long ways away and was just hideous bad luck.

This is his post from the group messaging:
“Haha. No. It could have been just my mind ****ing with me or some drunkard thinking I was a cop, but I had just passed the Greenhill exit and came up on this suburban. They were in the right lane, and I was in the middle lane. I had the cruise set right at 62, and all of a sudden they like slammed their brakes and it was like they were trying to get next to me. Of course after all of our amateur detective work on the shooting, I was tripping a little, so I slowed down and they kept slowing down, like they were trying to get next to me. So, at this point, I’m going 40 MPH, and they aren’t going any faster, so I finally got to the broadway exit, and as soon as they had passed it, I jumped over two lanes and took it. Went all the way up around to the Airline entrance back into 218 and came into Cedar Falls, and just before I went under the bridge, I saw the Suburban pulled off on the side of the road.”

He said the the suburban was early 2000s and tan

Reactions: ghost80
May be bad info. ISU is not looking at the bullet that killed her.

Editor's Note: A previous version wrongly indicated the Iowa State class was working with the actual bullet that killed Rettinger. That is not the case, that bullet is with state investigators. Waterloo police have not released any details about the bullet or gun used in the Rettinger case.

https://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Investigators-examining-bullet-that-struck-killed--509629621.html

9mm would have been much different than what everyone was expecting.

May be bad info. ISU is not looking at the bullet that killed her.

Editor's Note: A previous version wrongly indicated the Iowa State class was working with the actual bullet that killed Rettinger. That is not the case, that bullet is with state investigators. Waterloo police have not released any details about the bullet or gun used in the Rettinger case.

https://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Investigators-examining-bullet-that-struck-killed--509629621.html
Wow, that is irresponsible reporting.

They’re not perfect by any means but seems like the rush to get info out there, lends itself to this sort of thing.

So... are they looking at a sample 9mm bullet that’s completely unrelated to the one that killed the victim? Or was that info even wrong and the 9mm info was just pulled out of thin air?

So... are they looking at a sample 9mm bullet that’s completely unrelated to the one that killed the victim? Or was that info even wrong and the 9mm info was just pulled out of thin air?

I wonder if they know but the WPD wants them to keep it under wraps because that’s what they initially were going to do

Sounds like KCCI could be wrong but what they are reporting is "the" bullet.

If they are wrong this should bruise their ego a little.

I think the 9mm stuff is correct, but info the police did not want out. Hence the edit. I'd be surprised if the info turned out to be wrong.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
This is his post from the group messaging:
“Haha. No. It could have been just my mind ****ing with me or some drunkard thinking I was a cop, but I had just passed the Greenhill exit and came up on this suburban. They were in the right lane, and I was in the middle lane. I had the cruise set right at 62, and all of a sudden they like slammed their brakes and it was like they were trying to get next to me. Of course after all of our amateur detective work on the shooting, I was tripping a little, so I slowed down and they kept slowing down, like they were trying to get next to me. So, at this point, I’m going 40 MPH, and they aren’t going any faster, so I finally got to the broadway exit, and as soon as they had passed it, I jumped over two lanes and took it. Went all the way up around to the Airline entrance back into 218 and came into Cedar Falls, and just before I went under the bridge, I saw the Suburban pulled off on the side of the road.”

He said the the suburban was early 2000s and tan
Did this happen the night of the shooting? That is so weird it has to be related.

This cases dropped off the face of the earth.

Did they ever release the ballistics? Type of bullet would seem to be key if you are trying to decide if the shot was random from miles away or somebody was up on road looking to shoot the next car that went by.

I can say that AK is back to work but it’s just a horrible situation. Outside of things I hear, the media has been eerily quiet. @torbee is this normal IYO?

Guessing what they do know they are keeping pretty tight. Time usually loosens lips (insert OP mom joke) and if they start hearing some of the stuff they are keeping quiet they will start backtracking the information.

That is slow way to try and work a case but if they have nothing else that could be their best bet. Good luck.

Guessing what they do know they are keeping pretty tight. Time usually loosens lips (insert OP mom joke) and if they start hearing some of the stuff they are keeping quiet they will start backtracking the information.

That is slow way to try and work a case but if they have nothing else that could be their best bet. Good luck.
After this long I am walking from that theory to “they don’t know jack shit” theory.

After this long I am walking from that theory to “they don’t know jack shit” theory.

They may have more than people realize. Sometimes in an investigation they don't know what information is valid and what isn't. Sometimes letting a case "simmer" can at least help validate/eliminate some of what they have and assist them to later narrow their focus.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
My suspicion has always been that this was a accident, caused by someone who wasn't bright enough to be able to properly handle a gun,... Given time, stupid people tend to talk....

Reactions: ghost80
My suspicion has always been that this was a accident, caused by someone who wasn't bright enough to be able to properly handle a gun,... Given time, stupid people tend to talk....
This is my theory, and that only one person knows who did it. If they keep silent, they will get away with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT