ADVERTISEMENT

Had an emergency surgery

franklinman

HR All-American
Apr 5, 2011
On Monday night 12:00 , On an Adominal aneurysm on the aortic 5.5 started leaking into the kidney. The best news they got it in time and just got home. Had a great doctor that went into the groin and fixed it. A CT scan around noon showed no problems today around noon. . Yes i was very lucky.

On Monday night 12:00 , On an Adominal aneurysm on the aortic 5.5 started leaking into the kidney. The best news they got it in time and just got home. Had a great doctor that went into the groin and fixed it. A CT scan around noon showed no problems today around noon. . Yes i was very lucky.
Glad to hear it turned out well for you!

Reactions: cigaretteman
So how’d you learn of it? Start pissing blood? Some other symptoms?
nothing, no symptoms, Ct scan . They have been watching this for 7 years when they first found it 3.1 and checked it twice a years. It grew to 4.9 one month ago and wanted it checked Monday before i leave for Florida next week. That sucker grew last the last month and had a slight rupture, tear.

Glad you are ok. A happy recovery to you.

Holy smokes! Glad you got such good treatment and are on the mend.

Reactions: franklinman

Holy shit!

Yeah, you'll die from one of those things rupturing within a minute or two.
Good catch!

Reactions: goldmom
nothing, no symptoms, Ct scan . They have been watching this for 7 years when they first found it 3.1 and checked it twice a years. It grew to 4.9 one month ago and wanted it checked Monday before i leave for Florida next week. That sucker grew last the last month and had a slight rupture, tear.

How'd they first find it?

CT scans aren't "typical" unless you're in for something else.

Were they out of the fake scrambled eggs?

Okay, CSB time.

I had an IHG Rewards account and one particular Holiday Inn property pissed me off really bad. The internet didn't work. Okay, shit happens. Then I came back a few weeks later. The internet didn't work. Okay, this is bullshit.

So, I stopped staying at Holiday Inns for a few years (this offending property lost their flag, BTW).

Anyway, my company booked a conference at a Holiday Inn property in North Carolina and everyone was expected to stay there on the "corporate rate".

Upon checking in, the clerk asked me if I wanted to sign up for IHG rewards. I figured my old account was trashed because I hadn't stayed with them in so long, so I said, "Sure, why not?" and she signed me up.

The next week, I got a nastygram from IHG rewards BANNING ME from the program for creating more than one account. And they were nasty about it.

They can ESAD! This is how you treat your loyal rewards customers? FOAD, IHG.!

Reactions: NoleATL
Glad you’re going to be OK. Scary stuff. I just had a screening for that last Thursday. My youngest uncle died of that at 41 in the 1960s.

Good luck to you and speedy recovery. Was going to brag about having my tenth tumor removed today but it was pretty minor surgery compared to yours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT