ADVERTISEMENT

Had to post this - you think you have it rough?

It makes you think more than twice on how bad it can get - especially these brave young children- if you’re not moved by this then I guess you’re not human… seriously first time I saw this even though it’s 4 years old but man is it touching and just unreal.

I still can't watch that without the water works starting. The impact that the young lady who started that had on the national perception of Iowa is amazing.

Our family friend, a girl I’ve known for many years, was featured and interviewed during the iowa Purdue game last year from her room at the childrens hospital.

Krysty is still fighting hard. She really needs support. As does her amazing family.

Our family friend, a girl I’ve known for many years, was featured and interviewed during the iowa Purdue game last year from her room at the childrens hospital.

Krysty is still fighting hard. She really needs support. As does her amazing family.

Good vibes to that girl and her family and friends.

My other half is an oncology nurse … appreciate every day … so many people are fighting through struggles many of us can’t imagine or fathom.

It makes you think more than twice on how bad it can get - especially these brave young children- if you’re not moved by this then I guess you’re not human… seriously first time I saw this even though it’s 4 years old but man is it touching and just unreal.

That's a view of Kinnick that you really don't want to be a part of. I get choked up every time I see it during a game, have only been to 3 games since it began and it's especially hard with our son's diagnosis almost exactly 2 years ago. Hopefully he can make it to one this year and join the crowd for those kids.

Here is a video I made combining two of my favorite things - The Children's Hospital and the Hawks Woodshed game.

My son spent 5 months at the Children's Hospital in 2007, battling leukemia at age 16. He's a healthy young man today thanks to the great people at the U. It would have made me cry to be on the top floor with 70,000 fans waving to the kids.

Apologies for pirated video.

Is that post you quoted in this thread? I don't see it anywhere nor do I have that guy blocked.
You can tell several posts were deleted either by the posters or by the mods. Starting with the usual political crap rant from fwiw, which was totally uncalled for on this thread. I see my response to him was also deleted, and not by me, so.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT