ADVERTISEMENT

Had to put down lab #3 today

Mattski

HR Legend
Jan 21, 2007
Damn, it doesn't get any easier even after 3 now. Every one has been special, and I'll miss this one immensely. He was a rescue and seemed to show even more love and appreciation, like he knew we saved him or at least gave him a better life. Tons of great memories including me carrying him on my shoulders about 3/4 of a mile after he had a seizure while out hunting and he couldn't walk. Turned out he had a form of diabetes.
I'm still pissed dogs don't live exactly the same length as their owners!
Anyhow, I'll be tipping a few back tonight in honor of my buddy. RIP Scout.

Damn, it doesn't get any easier even after 3 now. Every one has been special, and I'll miss this one immensely. He was a rescue and seemed to show even more love and appreciation, like he knew we saved him or at least gave him a better life. Tons of great memories including me carrying him on my shoulders about 3/4 of a mile after he had a seizure while out hunting and he couldn't walk. Turned out he had a form of diabetes.

Love labs and my current one is great.
First one to have the seizures. Once we got him medicated those stopped.
I’ll have a glass for Scout also.
RIP.

Reactions: HIWILLE and Mattski
Sorry for your loss OP. That’s always tough.

Reactions: Mattski
How old was he?

There's another one out there somewhere that needs you. My soft spot is for rotties.

rot-3.jpg

We have four dogs, the oldest is 10 years old. Her husband is 9 and their pups are 8. It's a family affair!

Anyway, the oldest one is showing signs of old age. We have to drag her out when it's time to go. She acts like it's impossible to get up and start walking. But once the leash is on, she's fine. :rolleyes:

Always tough to lose a valued family pet, especially a lab if you ask me. Our current lab, also our third, is slowing down noticeably. She is 10 years old...hopefully she has 2-3 more good years. Sorry to hear about your pet.

Love rescue dogs.

For the dog it’s like winning the lottery a couple times in a row.

We have a rescue dog that is a lab mix. So sweet and gentle. He loves to crawl on top of anybody that is on a couch and cuddle.

Yes and Ps and I hope you have the ability to hand another dog a winning lottery ticket.

Lol, my wife is swearing there will be no more. We also have a 5 yr old yellow female with a super dark caramel colored coat, so that's a little solace. She's been pacing the house looking for her buddy all night :(
It always feels like there will never be another one for a while. And really there won't be. And yet wonderfully there will.

Lol, my wife is swearing there will be no more. We also have a 5 yr old yellow female with a super dark caramel colored coat, so that's a little solace. She's been pacing the house looking for her buddy all night :(
It always feels like there will never be another one for a while. And really there won't be. And yet wonderfully there will.

This. When one breaks buy a new one, just like a TV.

So sorry for your loss. We said goodbye to our Lab about 2 years ago. You hold onto the memories and are thankful for the life you gave them. Sending my best to you ...

I post this fairly often because it is absolutely true. Sorry about your loss.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

M. Facklam

I haven't had a dog since I was a kid, she was the best dog ever.

We do have 3 cats now and the oldest is 14. He's the closest thing to a dog you could have. Him and I are good buddies. He's definitely seeming old and I'm sure it's around the corner.

I feel your pain, had to put both my labs down. Black 14 and then my Yellow 12 1/2.

ADVERTISEMENT