ADVERTISEMENT

Hankins

Hogeyees

Rookie
Jul 12, 2010
Any chance he plays in NFL? Status with injury at end of season? He was one of the best Hawks ..

This draft might give kids some pause when thinking about leaving early next year. If you’ve used up eligibility that’s one thing, but some decent Hawkeyes aren’t getting a sniff.
Are they? The only ones expected to get drafted were Linderbaum, Belton, and maybe Goodson.

Nobody had Van Valkenburg as draftable, which as good as he was for us, is correct IMO. Koerner was almost always UDFA territory, but I can see him carving out a Jake Gervase-type role, who's doing well for himself with the Rams. Hankins was out for the last quarter of the season, and isn't athletic enough to warrant a draft pick against that, but will almost assuredly get an UDFA contract.

Last edited:
This draft might give kids some pause when thinking about leaving early next year. If you’ve used up eligibility that’s one thing, but some decent Hawkeyes aren’t getting a sniff.
I never quite understand this thought process. Iowa players have historically done very well for themselves after college, and if they receive an NFL caliber endorsement there's no reason to not give it a shot. Very rarely has playing an extra year done anything to improve stock. Even moreso in the NBA. Before I go on a tangent that has nothing to with football I'll stop.

Tyler most certainly should have stayed in school another year to a) IMPROVE HIS DRAFT STOCK and b) graduate

The OL should absolutely be improved this season; Improved blocking would make Goodson look much, much better as well as pad his stats.

Now, all that being said, Spencer Petras is garbage sooo maybe none of it matters.
Lol. Tyler already graduated and under the old rules without the free 4 game redshirt would have used up all of his eligibility. It was time for him to go get paid. His slide was 100% based on his measurables - he already put together as much impressive film as a scout would watch.

Reactions: PIEPI
Lol. Tyler already graduated and under the old rules without the free 4 game redshirt would have used up all of his eligibility. It was time for him to go get paid. His slide was 100% based on his measurables - he already put together as much impressive film as a scout would watch.
That's awesome. Happy for him.

Tyler most certainly should have stayed in school another year to a) IMPROVE HIS DRAFT STOCK and b) graduate

The OL should absolutely be improved this season; Improved blocking would make Goodson look much, much better as well as pad his stats.

Now, all that being said, Spencer Petras is garbage sooo maybe none of it matters.
You can always go back to school. Running backs don't exactly have a long shelf life. If anything I think Tyler would have benefitted had he been able to leave before this season as he was a first team big ten player last year and barring a monster year he was unlikely to jump higher than that. Hoping the offensive line is better is akin to hoping my next fart after eating taco bell is only gas and nothing else.

You can always go back to school. Running backs don't exactly have a long shelf life. If anything I think Tyler would have benefitted had he been able to leave before this season as he was a first team big ten player last year and barring a monster year he was unlikely to jump higher than that. Hoping the offensive line is better is akin to hoping my next fart after eating taco bell is only gas and nothing else.
Yes this last year didn't help him. He had the most negative rushing plays of any back in the country. Much of that due to the o-line, but some of that was just not going and getting 1-2 yards to make it 2nd and 8 instead of 2nd and 13. He can catch the ball and has good feet in the open field. Hope he gets a shot.

You must mean Tyler Linderbaum. Tyler Goodson was a true junior this past season.

Pretty sure he’s talking about Tyler Goodson who I’m willing to bet didn’t graduate.

I was shocked at how poor he looked in the first round draft video clip of Hutchinson waltzing right through our O line and sacking SP. Tyler didn’t chip block…just kinda stood there and watched Hutchinson go right by him. Saw that in many other games as well. Wish him the best however.

Wrong. He was a true freshman in 2019. He still had, technically, TWO potential years left.

What are you talking about? I never read he graduated. He was a true junior, no redshirt. He hasn't made a cent yet.

I was shocked at how poor he looked in the first round draft video clip of Hutchinson waltzing right through our O line and sacking SP. Tyler didn’t chip block…just kinda stood there and watched Hutchinson go right by him. Saw that in many other games as well. Wish him the best however.
That can't be so. King Fran will be here soon to disclaim your observations......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT