ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Independence Day 🇺🇸 Hawkeye Nation

cidsports

HB King
So, will Notre Dame remain an Independent in 2024?

We know former Iowa State AD, and present The Ohio State AD Gene Smith would like to see the Fighting Irish become the Big Ten’s 17th member.

Glad to see UCLA & USC getting back on the Iowa Football schedule in the future. Brings back memories of my early days of Hawkeye Football.

I am excited for the 2022 season, and hope we witness a healthy team for 2022. I enjoyed 6 of 7 seven games I attended at Kinnick last year.

The Iowa Hawkeyes have potential on offense at QB, RB, WR and in the O-Line. The above video showed potential of both Petras and Johnson working together. Staying healthy will be a key.

So, who will be the 5-6 guys coach in 2022 at that key position in 2022?

The Hawkeyes are built on high character guys, just look back at QB Spencer Petras, when he wasn't playing.

Keagan Johnson 🗣 “I want to talk about Spencer Petras for a second. He was encouraging and helping Alex Padilla all week… during the game he came over to me and encouraged me. I think that’s a testament to his character.”

So, we witnessed scoring plays from Iowa QBs dating back to Jake Rudock in uniform. This season OC Brian Ferentz needs to really improve from last year's losses against Purdue, Wisconsin and Michigan in Big Ten play. Those three losses were painful. And, clearly they were not all on coach Brian, but the Hawkeyes need to improve on offense in 2022. Ultimately, in all the phases and position rooms in Iowa City.

Like with the 1997 Wolverines, Stanford teams under Jim Harbaugh and David Shaw, the Hawkeyes are likely going to dial up with plenty of TE in their offense in 2022.

We are only 61 days out. Fitting we see one of Kirk Ferentz's early offensive lineman highlighted. In 2022, the offensive line truly needs to step up and play solid Hawkeye Football, if another trip to Indianapolis is going to be a possibility. 🤔

Iowa's defense should be their strength again, with clearly one of the better linebacker rooms in the nation, and definitely in the Big Ten.

The secondary may see some growing pains early, but the defensive line should be improved, with more experience and another year of strength and development.

On Iowa! 🇺🇸 Enjoy your Independence Day all 👋🏼

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News