ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh said today . . .

Coach speak. Nobody’s afraid of this Iowa squad.

Struggled to beat South Dakota St. lol
Everyone is concerned when playing the Hawks. Tough nosed football and tough kids that give their all.
Tight wins over an inferior opponent mean nothing on game day.
All coaches know Iowa and all are concerned.
Michigan, USC, Ohio State, etc....doesn't matter. They all know Iowa can knock them off on any given day.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Iowa fans, enough with the little girl whining. Embarrassing. Harbaugh seems like a fine coach. Just leave it at that. Drama queens suck.

you're dreaming. wayyyyyy to sexy for our staff. Big plays matter, Michigan by 10
I mean not to be that guy, but I guess I will. The first quarter and a half of the Big 10 title game last December was as many new wrinkles and plays off variations of formations that I can ever remember from and Iowa team with BF as the OC. Iowa actually moved the ball early, with jet sweeps and different variations to get into the bootleg passing game that Iowa had a lot of success with. But of course Pottebaum falls down in the end zone on a halfback pass, and then Shudak misses a chip shot. And then Michigan takes apart the Iowa defense in the first quarter with 200 yards of offense. The Iowa offense actually passes for 96 yards and has 121 yards of total offense in the first quarter, but only 3 points after the failed halfback pass and not punching it in from another first and goal opportunity.

The defense found its sea legs for the middle 2 quarters, but the Iowa offense had mostly fired all of its bullets by that time. You don't win games against good opponents by tricking them the entire game. At some point, you have to be able to go to your staples and get something out of it.

The first 24 rows behind the Michigan bench should get free beer during the game. The louder they get the more they get. If they are too quiet they get none.

I didn’t have a problem with them running up the score. I did take issue with the over the top showboating and posing for pictures while doing so.

Harbaugh ran up the score on Iowa in the B10 championship game. The last score for sure was pretty bush league...but I believe he was working on style points for the CFB Playoff. They were in...so to me, it wasn't necessary...and kind of a dick move.

I always say...be careful because sometimes providing extra motivation to the opponent is not a good idea. I also have a feeling KF/BF/PP probably spent some time on Michigan during the offseason knowing they were week 5. I would expect some wrinkles to confuse them on both offense and defense.

I think it comes down to our defense keeping them from making the big plays they did in the Championship game...Corum's run, the double pass, etc. It was still a game in the third quarter...we just couldn't do anything on offense. This year...they don't have two DEs that will go in the first round...so that's a positive for our offensive tackles. We need to be able to run the ball.

No. Iowa ran up the score by not being able to stop Michigan. Running up the score is more like winning by 80 while leaving in all your starters.

No. Iowa ran up the score by not being able to stop Michigan. Running up the score is more like winning by 80 while leaving in all your starters.
Michigan's mistake was choosing to beat Iowa in the first place.

Oh wait that's right, you're not gonna lose another game all year so you have nothing to worry about....... ;)

But yes tell me how you have no illusion of going undefeated, either......and I'll tell you that you have no idea how right you are. :D

Enjoy!!!

P.S. Don't f*** with Iowa.

Also, P.S.........hey guess what, oh btw............you f***ed with Iowa. Again, nothing to worry about going forward. :D :D:D:D:D

Agree the officiating in that game was criminal. After one bad call, Iowa took a timeout to calm the team down. How often do you see that in college football? Never.
UM gave the game ball to “WITVOET” and crew that day and it wasn’t the only game IOWA got the wire brush shoved up their backsides that year by the stripes.

Unfortunately for us, not this weekend. Our defense will hang in there the first half, but eventually our three and outs will wear down our D.

Reactions: DewHawk
Michigan is a good team, but #4? Don't see it. I think they win reasonably comfortably, but more evidence that polls shouldn't happen until at least 4 games in (yes, I know, money).

Reactions: madmustang4
Michigan is a good team, but #4? Don't see it. I think they win reasonably comfortably, but more evidence that polls shouldn't happen until at least 4 games in (yes, I know, money).
They should be ranked ahead of OSU as they beat OSU the last time they played and have absolutely ROLLED everyone they've played this year. Disagree? My question to you - who are the defending B1G champs? End of story !!!!

They should be ranked ahead of OSU as they beat OSU the last time they played and have absolutely ROLLED everyone they've played this year. Disagree? My question to you - who are the defending B1G champs? End of story !!!!
My question to you: does Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa, or anyone else playing college football have exactly the same roster, coaching staff, etc today that they did at the end of last season?
End of story.

I appreciate seeing Jim Harbaugh patronize us. Perhaps he'll do us a favor then and take the L on Saturday as well..............

In a game like this field position is everything if our offense starts inside the 20 very often it will be a long day.

Isn't this game #5? 🤔
It is, but do you think they're the 4th best team in the country? It happens every year. Team X gets a preseason ranking. They move up or down based (many times) on what other teams around them do. If they wait until a few weeks in, voters can see what teams are ACTUALLY like and rank accordingly.
Us last year is a good example--were we really the 3rd best team in the country at that point?

Reactions: squeezebox
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT