ADVERTISEMENT

Hard Rock Punta Cana

B1GDeal

HR Heisman
Jan 21, 2005
Looks like a friend is going to sell a week to us using their membership they get all of the perks... so it should be a nice deal. That said, looking for feedback from those who have been to this resort or to the Punta Cana area. Besides sitting on the beach or in a pool... what do you recommend for activities (zip line, boat tours, etc)???

We will travel one of the last 2 weeks in Feb or 1st week in March. Anyway... fire away.

1234525508_ben_stiller_-_do_it.gif

Looks like a friend is going to sell a week to us using their membership they get all of the perks... so it should be a nice deal. That said, looking for feedback from those who have been to this resort or to the Punta Cana area. Besides sitting on the beach or in a pool... what do you recommend for activities (zip line, boat tours, etc)???

We will travel one of the last 2 weeks in Feb or 1st week in March. Anyway... fire away.

I went there in early 2008 when it was just opening and it was a Palace Resort property. It was brand new and not even fully open but I liked it . Huge place. Nice beaches. We didnt do any of the activities offered although some people did all the things you mentioned. What I do remember is while walking on the beach there was an armed guard stationed about every 500 yards or so. It was a great hotel and our room had a hot tub in the floor.

Are you talking about off resort activities? Saona Island and the dune buggies are the things I get the best feedback on. Do you get the resort credits? And if so, do you have the sheet showing what you can use the credits on? If not, I can email it to you.

What EpenesaEpenesa said............

Oh, and get out on the water with a hired charter and do a little fishing!!

Z

Tracy, they havent given us any particulars but do know they mentioned we would get a black wrist bands that would give us acces to just about everything... i think they said only one level was higher. We also get the credits, but we have to pay like 20% or something.

Armed guards??? How sketchy is it off resort? I like to get off resort and see things... Jamaica is a little rough, so I can deal with that... but armed guards???

Are you talking about off resort activities? Saona Island and the dune buggies are the things I get the best feedback on. Do you get the resort credits? And if so, do you have the sheet showing what you can use the credits on? If not, I can email it to you.

Members here too............cra
Tracy, they havent given us any particulars but do know they mentioned we would get a black wrist bands that would give us acces to just about everything... i think they said only one level was higher. We also get the credits, but we have to pay like 20% or something.

Armed guards??? How sketchy is it off resort? I like to get off resort and see things... Jamaica is a little rough, so I can deal with that... but armed guards???

Don't take the ganja.........the cop is around the corner...........! :)

Z

The 20% thing is standard for non members too. But if you are there for a week it should be $1800 in credits. I will email you the list showing the excursions it would cover and their prices. You can also use it on spa and other things around the resort like dinner on the beach or reserving the sun beds and palapas.

We stayed at the Majestic down the beach from the Hard Rock. There were no guards and the great thing about that beach is walking for miles and being completely safe.

Anybody gone off-resort to zip line, take a boat to Saona or Catalina? Anyone go into Santo Domingo for a day to see the historic stuff? Any other points of interest to consider while there? If there for a week I want to get off the resort a couple of times to see/do things... can't just sit on the beach everyday.

Anybody gone off-resort to zip line, take a boat to Saona or Catalina? Anyone go into Santo Domingo for a day to see the historic stuff? Any other points of interest to consider while there? If there for a week I want to get off the resort a couple of times to see/do things... can't just sit on the beach everyday.

We were in Punta Cana back in Oct 2012 for our Honeymoon and stayed at a resort a couple down from the Hard Rock. The beaches were nice and I don't remember seeing any armed guards on the beach, the resort area felt very safe. Punta Cana isn't much of a town, once you are off the resort it is basically a 1 lane road in undeveloped farm land. Any excursion you want to do will be a decent drive from your hotel.

We did the Saona Island tour and it was awesome. It was the only excursion we did but we loved it. It was about an hour drive from the hotel to where you chartered the boat -- definitely a full day off the resort.

We were in Punta Cana back in Oct 2012 for our Honeymoon and stayed at a resort a couple down from the Hard Rock. The beaches were nice and I don't remember seeing any armed guards on the beach, the resort area felt very safe. Punta Cana isn't much of a town, once you are off the resort it is basically a 1 lane road in undeveloped farm land. Any excursion you want to do will be a decent drive from your hotel.

We did the Saona Island tour and it was awesome. It was the only excursion we did but we loved it. It was about an hour drive from the hotel to where you chartered the boat -- definitely a full day off the resort.
Can you tell me more about that Saona tour? When did you depart what sorts of things do you do and what time did you return? How crowded was it and were people under control or getting wild and crazy?

Can you tell me more about that Saona tour? When did you depart what sorts of things do you do and what time did you return? How crowded was it and were people under control or getting wild and crazy?

We left after breakfast probably around 9. They take you on a catamaran that has bar and music. The people running the boat try and make it a party -- there was a mix of people that were getting wild and others that were more on the tame side. You were on the boat for a while and they drive you to an island where you have lunch and some more drinks. You probably spend a few hours on the island. On the way home you stop in the middle of the ocean on a sand bar where you have water that is waist high. Pretty crazy considering you are in the middle of the ocean -- definitely the best part of the tour. We were back to our resort in time to have a late dinner. I would guess we were probably back around 6.

Reactions: B1GDeal
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT