ADVERTISEMENT

Hard to believe it's been 5+ years since the young woman was killed by a stray bullet on HWY 218

I have not kept up on this and really didn't read much about it when it happened. Is it possible it was someone shooting from somewhere near the highway like what happened in Iowa City a couple years ago? I don't know where it happened on 218 or what the surroundings are like.

• Sad
Reactions: Tenacious E
I have not kept up on this and really didn't read much about it when it happened. Is it possible it was someone shooting from somewhere near the highway like what happened in Iowa City a couple years ago? I don't know where it happened on 218 or what the surroundings are like.

I think they explored the hunter's errant bullet theory, but that they believe it was a random attack. Frankly, I don't know much about guns and figured they could trace the bullet, but I guess not.

I think they explored the hunter's errant bullet theory, but that they believe it was a random attack. Frankly, I don't know much about guns and figured they could trace the bullet, but I guess not.

I’m not asking you to do my homework for me and read the articles so just asking if you know, but do they think someone just pulled up next to them and shot? Thats a 55/65mph road - seems crazy.

I believe @jellyfish10 knew the victim and survivor.
Correct. I had some drinks with her shortly before it happened. Very smart, pretty, fun to be around, easy to talk to even given our age difference. AK was really struggling and understandably so. The last time I saw him he was doing much better. There is a silver lining in this. The fact that all 3 weren’t killed is a miracle. How she was able to pull over after being shot without crashing the car at the speed they were traveling is unreal.

Last edited:

That was some old moron shooting at squirrels, and he wrecked a promising young life. What kind of an effing moron shoots anything towards a busy road?

Use to think about it all the time when I crossed that bridge. Not much around there in terms of housing. Road is also elevated.
I’m driving down that way in a few days, and I always think about it. I just find the stray hunters bullet hard to believe given the elevation.

Hey @jellyfish10 didn't this happen in the wee hours of the day around bar closing time or am I misremembering that? That would rule out hunting activity for the most part wouldn’t it?
Correct. The speculation around here was coon hunting. Well, the bridge is 20’-30’ above the water. Unless someone was climbing trees the physics make no sense to me. Admittedly Idk much about firearms, I just have a hard time believing that. Someone knows something and it really pisses me off. Let’s say it was someone out f’ing around or “hunting”, lives were ruined. How could you live with that guilt? Accident or not, I can’t fathom living with that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT