ADVERTISEMENT

Harry Shearer leaving the Simpson's?

lucas80

HB King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
It appears he is walking away from a guaranteed $14 million over the next two years. He is asking for more freedom to do outside projects.
If he leaves Mr. Burns, Ned Flanders, Kent Brockman, Principal Skinner, and Rev. Lovejoy may go with him. It is unclear if they can replace all the voices he does, or if they will even try.

article i read Al Jean and James Brooks both said they won't kill off Shearer voiced characters but will recast, IF Harry doesn't come back. Both still are saying they want him to reconsider and that the deal offered is no different than any others, in terms of time off for other projects.

It appears he is walking away from a guaranteed $14 million over the next two years. He is asking for more freedom to do outside projects.
If he leaves Mr. Burns, Ned Flanders, Kent Brockman, Principal Skinner, and Rev. Lovejoy may go with him. It is unclear if they can replace all the voices he does, or if they will even try.

I have a little inside info on this one. This is a smokescreen. He wants more money. Limousine liberal consumed by greed? I thought they condemned those types?

I have a little inside info on this one. This is a smokescreen. He wants more money. Limousine liberal consumed by greed? I thought they condemned those types?
My insiders said the same thing. Frankly, I don't see how they can do the show without him.

Nope, we like it when labor sticks up for themselves. Why do cons hate capitalism? :D

Reactions: tumorboy
I'd tell him to get bent and recast. You won't take $14 Million to do some voice over work for two years on a show that has been on the decline for some time? O.K, best of luck as you won't make that doing anything else.

Watching the reruns back to the start on FXX, I agree it's about 10 years past jumping the shark time. Like Family Guy, it's not that it sucks so much as the spark just isn't there any more.

I never got to watch them when they started out...the 90's shows are new to me. Awesome show back then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT