ADVERTISEMENT

Harvard researcher says Iowa, Alabama, two other states should 'lock down immediately'

A

anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba

Iowa is No. 1 -- as the new COVID-19 hotspot in the entire country. Way to go, Gov. Reynolds. Keep those kids in school. And, hell yes, play football, boys.

Or, you can read this and try to understand why 61 conferences are NOT playing college football and only SIX are. It's not exactly like the Big Ten is alone in this.

Here's the article: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...esearchers-say/ss-BB18yRcr?li=BBnbcA0#image=5

Iowa is No. 1 -- as the new COVID-19 hotspot in the entire country. Way to go, Gov. Reynolds. Keep those kids in school. And, hell yes, play football, boys.

Or, you can read this and try to understand why 61 conferences are NOT playing college football and only SIX are. It's not exactly like the Big Ten is alone in this.

Here's the article: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...esearchers-say/ss-BB18yRcr?li=BBnbcA0#image=5
Lol more fear mongering when it’s completely unwarranted. But you do you.

Stay home man. Stay home. Why is Kamala now saying Biden will not issue a nationwide mask mandate?????????????????????

Why was death rate so much higher in New York and New Jersey versus Florida and Texas?

Because the virus peaked in New York and New Jersey first, when we knew nothing about the virus. Texas and Florida weren’t hit until months later, allowing them to gain valuable information and data about how to treat the virus and how best to limit its spread.

Good grief man, are you just obtuse all the time? Iowa has had 35 deaths per 100,000 people, right in the middle of the country in terms of deaths per 100k people. Michigan and Illinois, which I'm sure you think have done a top-notch job of being more restrictive and locking down (Whitmer in Michigan has banned HS football) have far higher death rates. Michigan at 65 deaths per 100k, and Illinois at 63 deaths per 100k. So tell me again how lockdowns work? They don't.

There is no magic panacea to making the virus go away. Locking down only delays the inevitable. Protect the elderly and those at risk.

The practice of locking down has been completely discredited.

Because the virus peaked in New York and New Jersey first, when we knew nothing about the virus. Texas and Florida weren’t hit until months later, allowing them to gain valuable information and data about how to treat the virus and how best to limit its spread.
Good grief man, are you just obtuse all the time? Iowa has had 35 deaths per 100,000 people, right in the middle of the country in terms of deaths per 100k people. Michigan and Illinois, which I'm sure you think have done a top-notch job of being more restrictive and locking down (Whitmer in Michigan has banned HS football) have far higher death rates. Michigan at 65 deaths per 100k, and Illinois at 63 deaths per 100k. So tell me again how lockdowns work? They don't.

There is no magic panacea to making the virus go away. Locking down only delays the inevitable. Protect the elderly and those at risk.
The practice of locking down has been completely discredited.

The CDC just released a report saying only 6% died only from covid 19. The rest had other health

My kids played baseball this summer and are playing football now and it's freaking awesome.

This is just another ridiculous right-wing talking point. If someone has cancer and high blood pressure and dies of cancer, does that mean that it doesn’t count as a cancer death because that person also had high blood pressure?

But you fail to recognize that person was going to die regardless of COVID due to cancer or high blood pressure. According to the CDC, less than 10,000 people have died exclusively from the virus out of the 170,000 plus people that have died due to something other than the virus.

Please look at the number of people that die everyday in this country and tell me if that number is any different due to COVID. The answer is no due to all the other issues people die from but you want to focus only on COVID deaths. Get out of here with this political football.

You know you're living in a propaganda reality, and the U of Iowa is stuck on stupid, when you're crying about locking down five days AFTER the CDC acknowledges that it exaggerated the death toll, as it were, by 94%, the C+ a symptomatic rate is 90% of all positive tests and a symptomatic transmission is no longer considered a significant risk.

Issuing such a press release on the heels of the data and, albeit reluctant and camouflaged as best as is possible, shows our Administration is incredibly partisan, Barta has either no institutional authority (which I suspect since I know the tiers of administration and except for the President, they're such radical new age communists they'd throw a chill up Beloved Chairman Mao's spine) or Barta has the marketing skills of a parrot-which is also possible.

Last edited:
But you fail to recognize that person was going to die regardless of COVID due to cancer or high blood pressure. According to the CDC, less than 10,000 people have died exclusively from the virus out of the 170,000 plus people that have died due to something other than the virus.

Please look at the number of people that die everyday in this country and tell me if that number is any different due to COVID. The answer is no due to all the other issues people die from but you want to focus only on COVID deaths. Get out of here with this political football.

you are wrong the answer is yes. the data is not hard to find, it has been out there for some time. in general, the increase in the number of deaths has been consistently greater or equal to the number of reported covid deaths. so yes, people are dying from covid.

This is just another ridiculous right-wing talking point. If someone has cancer and high blood pressure and dies of cancer, does that mean that it doesn’t count as a cancer death because that person also had high blood pressure?
No, but it means he didn't die of high blood pressure, which is the proper way to use the analogy. This alleged report (which I haven't seen and don't vouch for) apparently says people who die of cancer, for instance, are listed as dying from Covid-19 if they test positive for it.

you are wrong the answer is yes. the data is not hard to find, it has been out there for some time. in general, the increase in the number of deaths has been consistently greater or equal to the number of reported covid deaths. so yes, people are dying from covid.

But only 6% of the people the CDC has been reporting in the Covid Death count. The other 94% averaged 2.6 other comorbidities-which puts a very new and very big spoke on the wheel. That whole 90% of positive tests are not only at least a symptomatic but possibly a complete false positive based on remnants of virons kind of makes a difference in the magnitude of risk even associated with a positive result. Even the NYT, who clearly hated that news because their hysterical pandering to the worst fears of plague have turned not just wrong, but spectacularly wrong.

Are you kidding me? The number of deaths in this country is much higher than normal. As another poster has mentioned, these stats are out there for everyone to see, but you ignore them because they do not fit your narrative. I am not claiming that everything needs to be shut down because of the virus. In fact, I think football can and should be played in the fall. But the idea that this is some media or political driven hoax is so unbelievably stupid, anybody that parrots these ridiculous talking points should be embarrassed.

C8DF41B15BE14B2D8C14D23C6C56D39C-0:0

1. A Harvard researcher... big woop :rolleyes:
  2. How many of those Iowans are actually susceptible? As in, how many aren’t kids?

Reactions: pmtdc
Are you kidding me? The number of deaths in this country is much higher than normal. As another poster has mentioned, these stats are out there for everyone to see, but you ignore them because they do not fit your narrative. I am not claiming that everything needs to be shut down because of the virus. In fact, I think football can and should be played in the fall. But the idea that this is some media or political driven hoax is so unbelievably stupid, anybody that parrots these ridiculous talking points should be embarrassed.

C8DF41B15BE14B2D8C14D23C6C56D39C-0:0

Thank you for sharing. You are correct. Folks that take the 6% of COVID deaths from COVID only as being proof that it's all overblown are misreading the data. People die with a bunch of co-morbidities all the time, COVID, or influenza, or other stuff can be the final item with people who have co-morbidities. The All-Cause deaths is one of the best data points out there that help cut out a bunch of the noise.

Multiple things can be true at the same time. COVID can be very serious, especially for older people and for those with other serious health conditions. And it can be not that great of a risk for healthy young people.

Take your political crap to the OT board.

Oh......and feel free to hide in your basement until your Party tells you it’s safe to come out.

But only 6% of the people the CDC has been reporting in the Covid Death count. The other 94% averaged 2.6 other comorbidities-which puts a very new and very big spoke on the wheel. That whole 90% of positive tests are not only at least a symptomatic but possibly a complete false positive based on remnants of virons kind of makes a difference in the magnitude of risk even associated with a positive result. Even the NYT, who clearly hated that news because their hysterical pandering to the worst fears of plague have turned not just wrong, but spectacularly wrong.

you are not addressing the data at all. the best evidence throughout the pandemic that the number of covid death were not over counted is that the increase in the death rate has been greater than the number of covid deaths. this is solid data. again, our death rate has gone up more than the reported covid deaths and this argues that covid deaths are being under counted and not over counted. sorry, but dont understand your argument or how it would have any bearing on this.

It is the CDC data, not a talking point. That's the difference between right and left. You think everything is a talking point because you deny the existence of objective factual reality, literally everything depends on how you see it.

I try not to self promote my blog but I'm going to retype the whole thing. All the links are in the blog page, in bright pink. Even the NY Times has recognized that 90% 90%, yes, I said 90% of all those 6 million positive tests are at worst a symptomatic and possibly contain very significant percentage of false positives (like all 77 NFL positive tests results). That news may suck for you politically, and you may not want to hear it but the people your side has been citing for 7 months deconstructed their entire threat projection, very quietly, in three days last week. Fauci, you know, the genius.

The CDC has analyzed something like 75 million tests in getting to the result I'm happy to say I predicted in March. Covid is not a hoax but it is a hysteria. You can argue that a 90% a symptomatic and false positive rate isn't important, not a good argument but at least an argument. But you cannot argue, without some who has access to the world's largest cache of American COVID data (the CDC), that the numbers are the numbers. Random Drs. of this or that simply do not have access to data that supports their always scary opinions-that never really come to pass but by the time the public notices the Polar Ice shelves have not melted there's a scary new kind of Zombie Apocalypse disease that will infect tens of millions, kill millions, and swamp the American healthcare system-which of course turns out to be entirely science fiction as well.

The CDC has overestimated and exaggerated the threat all year. But if you've been reading their weekly releases you'd notice that new Covid cases were under the baseline projections for 18 consecutive weeks-its a little paragraph the CDC buries every week in data sets and points. But please, keep the shut down going in the Blue States cuz the aren't blaming Trump for the shut down (another statistical fact you might not enjoy). That last sentence is a right wing talking point, and a really good one.

Last edited:
you are not addressing the data at all. the best evidence throughout the pandemic that the number of covid death were not over counted is that the increase in the death rate has been greater than the number of covid deaths. this is solid data. again, our death rate has gone up more than the reported covid deaths and this argues that covid deaths are being under counted and not over counted. sorry, but dont understand your argument or how it would have any bearing on this.

Addressing the data, dude I'm citing and quoting the CDC Data. August 24, Table 3. Knock yourself out. Yes, about 11-12K people have died from Covid. Everyone else heretofore listed as Covid deaths died with Covid but not from Covid. The mere fact that people are dying faster this year than last doesn't answer the question why.

The aggregate data looks fairly definitive. Over 65 with a late stage prexisting respiratory illnesses looks to be the virus' "target" group so to speak, since that combination is like 80% of all deaths from or with Covid.

Last edited:
It is the CDC data, not a talking point. That's the difference between right and left. You think everything is a talking point because you deny the existence of objective factual reality, literally everything depends on how you see it.

I try not to self promote my blog but I'm going to retype the whole thing. All the links are in the blog page, in bright pink. Even the NY Times has recognized that 90% 90%, yes, I said 90% of all those 6 million positive tests are at worst a symptomatic at worst, possibly containing a very significant percentage of false positives (like all 77 NFL positive results). That news may suck for you politically, and you may not want to hear it but the people your side has been citing for 7 months deconstructed their entire threat projection, very quietly, in three days last week. Fauci, you know, the genius.

The CDC has analyzed something like 75 million tests in getting to the result I'm happy to say I predicted in March. Covid is not a hoax but it is a hysteria. You can argue that a 90% a symptomatic and false positive rate isn't important, not a good argument but at least an argument. But you cannot argue, without some who has access to the world's largest cache of American COVID data (the CDC), that the numbers are the numbers. Random Drs. of this or that simply do not have access to data that supports their always scary opinions-that never really come to pass but by the time the public notices the Polar Ice shelves have not melted there's a scary new kind of Zombie Apocalypse disease that will infect tens of millions, kill millions, and swamp the American healthcare system-which of course turns out to be entirely science fiction as well.

The CDC has overestimated and exaggerated the threat all year. But if you've been reading their weekly releases you'd notice that new Covid cases were under the baseline projections for 18 consecutive weeks-its a little paragraph the CDC buries every week in data sets and points. But please, keep the shut down going in the Blue States cuz the aren't blaming Trump for the shut down (another statistical fact you might not enjoy). That last sentence is a right wing talking point, and a really good one.

The NY Times article did not state that 90% of positive tests are asymptomatic or false positives.

The CDC data you are referencing showed that only 6% of COVID deaths occurred in individuals with zero comorbidities. Someone can have a comorbidity and still die from COVID. I can’t believe that even has to be said, but here we are.

Basically, everything you said in this post above is complete bull$hit. You quite literally have no idea what you are talking about.

I try not to self promote my blog but I'm going to retype the whole thing. All the links are in the blog page, in bright pink. Even the NY Times has recognized that 90% 90%, yes, I said 90% of all those 6 million positive tests are at worst a symptomatic and possibly contain very significant percentage of false positives (like all 77 NFL positive tests results). That news may suck for you politically, and you may not want to hear it but the people your side has been citing for 7 months deconstructed their entire threat projection, very quietly, in three days last week. Fauci, you know, the genius.

Yeah....maybe...but that Russian thing before this WAS real. Just ask Mueller, well maybe not him, but its STILL true! Media tells me so! Rinse and repeat for the sheeple.

Harvard reveals that discussing Covid on the internet can increase your chances of contracting the disease.

There, now we don’t have to hear @aristotleiowa drivel any more.

Go back to watching CNN in your basement with Joe Biden. You two would make a great couple and you can play the Liberal Narrative game all day as far as I care. Harvard just falls in line with the rest of your BS.

What the F(#$* is your deal? You want to shutdown the entire country.

No, but it means he didn't die of high blood pressure, which is the proper way to use the analogy. This alleged report (which I haven't seen and don't vouch for) apparently says people who die of cancer, for instance, are listed as dying from Covid-19 if they test positive for it.

You aren’t understanding the analogy. Let’s pretend that PersonX has cancer, high blood pressure, and diabetes. PersonX dies of cancer, and the coroner lists cancer as the cause of death on the death certificate. The fact that PersonX has high blood pressure and diabetes does not mean that PersonX did not, in fact, die from cancer. It just means that PersonX died from cancer and also had two other comorbidities.

Yeah....maybe...but that Russian thing before this WAS real. Just ask Mueller, well maybe not him, but its STILL true! Media tells me so! Rinse and repeat for the sheeple.

Adam Schiff literally said today that the BLM/Antifa riots are, in reality, the products of a Russia/Trump false flag operation. Their voters will believe anything. Twitter banned the CDC data that shows on 6% of cases previously called Covid deaths were from Covid, banned it. They will say or do anything.

Yep, the Governor spreads the virons. Tony, you realize that is like .5% right?

I'd be a lot more bothered by that if I didn't know that 90% of those tests are either a symptomatic (not sick/cannot transmit) or false positives.

You aren’t understanding the analogy. Let’s pretend that PersonX has cancer, high blood pressure, and diabetes. PersonX dies of cancer, and the coroner lists cancer as the cause of death on the death certificate. The fact that PersonX has high blood pressure and diabetes does not mean that PersonX did not, in fact, die from cancer. It just means that PersonX died from cancer and also had two other comorbidities.
Let's say PersonX has been dealing with Stage 4 Cancer, CHF, and Diabetes. Then PersonX passes away and it's discovered he/she had Covid-19.

What did PersonX die from? NOT COVID-19.

ADVERTISEMENT