ADVERTISEMENT

Harvard researcher says Iowa, Alabama, two other states should 'lock down immediately'

Again, keep up with the same plan, you're really getting what you want. You do what you want to do and I'll do what I want to.

Nancy Pelosi lambasts Trump on Monday for not wearing a mask and then yesterday we find out the Misses got her hair done at a Covid closed salon and never wore a mask. That tells me how serious this mask deal really is. An 80 something year old woman don't worry about wearing no mask.

Reactions: unclesammy
Nancy Pelosi lambasts Trump on Monday for not wearing a mask and then yesterday we find out the Misses got her hair done at a Covid closed salon and never wore a mask. That tells me how serious this mask deal really is. An 80 something year old woman don't worry about wearing no mask.

FighterOfTheNightMan said it best. There's nothing more to say. And 83Hawk is also right, I'll leave you to continue your screaming at the world.

This is not going away because people were pissed and they are getting more so. Incalculable damage has been done to the American people, our health and well being by the shut down.

Every time someone that has actually seen what CDC new data and last weeks policy releases, the mask people look more like sheep, the politicians look like bigger liars and hypocrites, and the likelihood that people are going to be filing a whole lot of federal civil rights cases over the Big Blue shut down orders is increasing.

For example, today Iowa has 66,241 total reported cases, 48,015 recovered (no virons, cannot transmit) leaving only 18,226 active cases. Iowa's population is 3179850 so 37,195.5 is 1 %, so if every positive test was symptomatic your talking about .57% of the population. Since 90% of those 18266 cases are entirely a symptomatic-per last weeks CDC information, and have no reasonable probability of transmitting the virons (virons too weak, too few or already dead) write off any public health threat from all but 1862 people. If all 1862 were symptomatic, that's .058% of Iowa's 3,179,850(ish) people. Roughly 1 C+ out of every 180 people. If the C+ have been tested, which they must have been to have tested positive, how many are staying home, riding out the 14 days to see if their symptoms worsen-so if they're home you don't need a mask to protect you from them. Also, that 1/180 ratio continues to diminish with every C+ that is sheltering in place. If you aren't working around sick people, or C+ densities, like nursing homes and clinics the average person has almost no chance of contracting symptomatic Covid.

Since we have over 80 million tests CDC also can identify the most common symptom is slightly elevated fever for 24-72 hours, possibly some coughing. So, sick but not as bad as a summer cold. So all but about 180 of all those new cases face any serious health impact. Now how many of those 180 are: sheltering in place? in hospital? in nursing home? How many already are in terminal or near terminal stages of respiratory illnesses and infections.

And, in spite of all the data, we still do not have football and the communists that run the U of Iowa, and they are communists, are still imposing lockdowns and restrictions---and using the misleading number of positive tests every day without disclosing that the tests numbers do not represent individual cases but only the total number of tests.

So like one player gets sick. He's symptomatic for 10 days (the summer cold above). That's counted as 10 positive tests in the U of I's public releases.

They have gone from hysterical overreaction to outright lying.

And we still don't have football and people are getting more pissed by the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 83Hawk
And it takes time, so losing weight isn't going to solve this problem in the next few months. What else have you got?
Well work harder then.

I’ll admit that I don’t exactly have a soft spot for obese people. It’s not that they aren’t some of the very nicest most loving people often times. Heck I have a lot of overweight people in my family I love very much. But....

I don’t have much sympathy for the weight issue. I’ve said this before. I’m over 50 and weigh less than I did at 18. I weigh now about 160 lbs and exercise an hour 4-5x a week. Even with a busy and stressful job, a wife, and kids.

Is it easy to fit it in? Particularly in Iowa in the winter? Hell no. Are there days that I’d like to skip workouts? Sure. But yet I do it. I even with questionable diet choices at times which mandates not blame but a harder workout the following day.

Now admittedly some have less favorable genetics than I perhaps and have to work harder at it. But it is no excuse. People years ago should have made the necessary lifestyle changes. But they didn’t. So while we have all been worried about COVID since March people should have been doing what it takes to get their weight down. It is the number one risk factor. Anyone can lose if they work hard. And yes 6 months is enough. So stop making excuses and start making changes. Or perhaps your not serious and would rather have everyone stay home so you aren’t put at risk. What say you? Look from outside in rather than inside out.

Reactions: jasonrann
Sure and I wouldn’t argue with that point. But it doesn’t change the fact that it’s the reality of the situation. You’re not magically going back to normal when half the country is at risk.
Then half the country needs to start reducing their risk factors in those that are heavy by exercising.

The real pandemic here is US citizen obesity. That’s a fact. This has been an ignored, accepted problem for years. This should be a clarion call for significant weight loss but yet people in my sphere seem to be getting fatter.

Lets have a shutdown. Make it a shut down of sweets, carbs, desserts unless your BMI is less than 25. No crap for you!

Stay home man. Stay home. Why is Kamala now saying Biden will not issue a nationwide mask mandate?????????????????????

Because one may not be needed in all areas.
And, who knows what the situation will look like in January 2021.

The "nationwide mask mandate" should have been months ago, and tied to infection rate criteria within any community. Automatic triggers, when there are >10 (or whatever) cases within a small region. That's literally how European countries and New Zealand have managed it.

First, if you have not read the CDC publications of August 24-26 you should not opine on Covid. Your information is obsolete and wrong.

The CDC has made two explicit disclosures. First, 94% of all deaths heretofore reported as Covid were caused by co morbidities, an average of 2.6. The CDC release identifies around 9000 actual Covid only deaths. Second, 90% of the positive tests, so that means 90% of the 6 million odd cases, are a symptomatic or possible false positives. This means 90 % of C+ ARE NOT SICK.

At the same time, CDC said that testing of a symptomatic persons is not necessary, even if they have been in close contact with a C+ but remain a symptomatic for 14 days. The only possible conclusion to be drawn from that reversal of policy is CDC no longer thinks a symptomatic C+s are a source of transmission. If not, would not the CDC continue to recommend testing for everyone that has been in close contact with a C+ person? Of course, because the need to continue social isolation of C+ but a symptomatic persons to prevent their transmission of the virus would remain. While the usual media, academic and professional left is doing everything possible to suppress this information IT REMAINS ON THE CDC WEBSITE. I put that in caps so no one would overlook it. The mere fact that Twitter is hiding the information, and CNN won't cover it, does not make it disappear.

While the public can be kept largely ignorant for a little longer when this actually begins to penetrate the public consciousness, and it will eventually penetrate the media embargo, all of the sports bans are going to disappear. It might be slow because there a lot of asses to cover but it will happen.

The first step to making the public safe has to be telling the public the truth about the Covid risk.

Quit with the BS. Twitter banned a post from QANon that was utter horse shit and misleading people.

Adam Schiff literally said today that the BLM/Antifa riots are, in reality, the products of a Russia/Trump false flag operation. Their voters will believe anything. Twitter banned the CDC data that shows on 6% of cases previously called Covid deaths were from Covid, banned it. They will say or do anything.

You're just a little Russian Propaganda Vending Machine, aint'cha?

Then half the country needs to start reducing their risk factors in those that are heavy by exercising.

The real pandemic here is US citizen obesity. That’s a fact. This has been an ignored, accepted problem for years. This should be a clarion call for significant weight loss but yet people in my sphere seem to be getting fatter.

Lets have a shutdown. Make it a shut down of sweets, carbs, desserts unless your BMI is less than 25. No crap for you!

Why do you hate freedom?

Why do you hate freedom?
I don’t. I love free will.

But as you know, when your free will encroaches on others freedoms it can be restricted. I’m not really advocating for restricting peoples food choices. That is an illustration. People should choose on their own to do the right thing for themselves while recognizing that a lifetime of bad choices have put them in a bad position relative to others and they shouldn’t now try to restrict those that didn’t go down the path they did.

Last edited:
Quit with the BS. Twitter banned a post from QANon that was utter horse shit and misleading people.

factcheck.org. Haaaaaaa Ask the DNC, get the same answer. They're just lying. You guys just have no critical thinking skills whatsoever. The banned Trump, not a Q Anon. But, whatever it takes right. Orange Man Bad....Russia....Hitler....Stormy........... ahhh, a safe space.

Well work harder then.

I’ll admit that I don’t exactly have a soft spot for obese people. It’s not that they aren’t some of the very nicest most loving people often times. Heck I have a lot of overweight people in my family I love very much. But....

I don’t have much sympathy for the weight issue. I’ve said this before. I’m over 50 and weigh less than I did at 18. I weigh now about 160 lbs and exercise an hour 4-5x a week. Even with a busy and stressful job, a wife, and kids.

Is it easy to fit it in? Particularly in Iowa in the winter? Hell no. Are there days that I’d like to skip workouts? Sure. But yet I do it. I even with questionable diet choices at times which mandates not blame but a harder workout the following day.

Now admittedly some have less favorable genetics than I perhaps and have to work harder at it. But it is no excuse. People years ago should have made the necessary lifestyle changes. But they didn’t. So while we have all been worried about COVID since March people should have been doing what it takes to get their weight down. It is the number one risk factor. Anyone can lose if they work hard. And yes 6 months is enough. So stop making excuses and start making changes. Or perhaps your not serious and would rather have everyone stay home so you aren’t put at risk. What say you? Look from outside in rather than inside out.

I don't know where I fit in but I'm 6' 195lb, 50's as well. I don't really worry about obese people because I know everyone is different. I know people who eat a fraction of what I do and they can't lose weight. What I do know is that the only person you can control is yourself (sometimes). Expecting others to lose weight is like expecting Mexico to pay for the wall. So if you're counting on other people to lose weight, you just made a losing bet. There's just no way around it, people are not in good shape and it's not going to change.

I think I just hit 200 after finishing a large hot fudge sundae from dairy queen. I promise I'll run to the mailbox tomorrow.

Reactions: haw-key
factcheck.org. Haaaaaaa Ask the DNC, get the same answer. They're just lying. You guys just have no critical thinking skills whatsoever. The banned Trump, not a Q Anon. But, whatever it takes right. Orange Man Bad....Russia....Hitler....Stormy........... ahhh, a safe space.

You didn't dispute or explain away a single item in the article. If you want another source to fact-check the claim just use google. They are all saying it is BS.

But you fail to recognize that person was going to die regardless of COVID due to cancer or high blood pressure. According to the CDC, less than 10,000 people have died exclusively from the virus out of the 170,000 plus people that have died due to something other than the virus.

Please look at the number of people that die everyday in this country and tell me if that number is any different due to COVID. The answer is no due to all the other issues people die from but you want to focus only on COVID deaths. Get out of here with this political football.

Holy shit...people really are this dumb. Go read the post I had on the Super Computer cracking the C19 code...it talks about the cascading of events that C19 causes.

Let's say PersonX has been dealing with Stage 4 Cancer, CHF, and Diabetes. Then PersonX passes away and it's discovered he/she had Covid-19.

What did PersonX die from? NOT COVID-19.

Did C19 tip them over the edge? Would that have died when they did if they didn’t have C19?

Because the virus peaked in New York and New Jersey first, when we knew nothing about the virus. Texas and Florida weren’t hit until months later, allowing them to gain valuable information and data about how to treat the virus and how best to limit its spread.
It's sad that one has to actually explain this to imbeciles, but you did good. 👍

Reactions: IAHawk2011
I don't know where I fit in but I'm 6' 195lb, 50's as well. I don't really worry about obese people because I know everyone is different. I know people who eat a fraction of what I do and they can't lose weight. What I do know is that the only person you can control is yourself (sometimes). Expecting others to lose weight is like expecting Mexico to pay for the wall. So if you're counting on other people to lose weight, you just made a losing bet. There's just no way around it, people are not in good shape and it's not going to change.

I think I just hit 200 after finishing a large hot fudge sundae from dairy queen. I promise I'll run to the mailbox tomorrow.
You come in at a BMI of 26.4 which makes you overweight.

Everyone can lose weight. There are zero excuses that I think make sense.

But you are correct. I don’t expect anyone to actually make any changes. Many Americans have become very lazy and make too damn many excuses.

Because the virus peaked in New York and New Jersey first, when we knew nothing about the virus. Texas and Florida weren’t hit until months later, allowing them to gain valuable information and data about how to treat the virus and how best to limit its spread.

If you read the postI created earlier in the day the Summit Super Computer has come up w a hypothesis regarding what is happening w C19 patients who experience harsh symptoms you will see that one of the treatment suggestions is vitamin D which many Americans are deficient on...particularly in the early spring and winter.

So did NY, NJ, Michigan get hit harder early bc their citizens were still in the gloomy winter/early spring season and not getting outside in the sun as much and thus not producing the same amount of vitamin D as they/we are now in our warm full sun Months.

Just a theory but one that could be true based on what we are learning.

The CDC just released a report saying only 6% died only from covid 19. The rest had other health

Which is the biggest line of BS propaganda maybe ever spewed. They say that as if a huge percentage of people walking around don’t have “pre-existing conditions”. Literally 42% of Americans regardless of age have a pre-existing condition. But when you get into the more vulnerable to Covid age groups even that high number skyrockets. Over 55 it’s 80% of Americans who have a chronic disease. 23% of Over 55 Americans have diabetes and 64% of over 55 men and 57% of over 55 women having hypertension, those are the two worst things to have along with Covid. So the new Drumpf dictated CDC can say see...94% that died had something like hypertension and diabetes as if that’s not most Americans.

Reactions: unIowa and HROT
The practice of locking down has been completely discredited.

Lockdowns work by their very nature of forcing social distancing. Where lock downs fail (with this virus anyway doesn't necessary apply to future novel virus pandemics that may be more deadly) is that you have idiots (like the MAGAs in this case) who then start to get paranoid thinking things like smart social distancing and wearing a mask in indoor settings is some sort of political ploy to control the population and unseat their Dear Leader this November (these are literally some of the stupidest people on the planet).

So strict lock downs hurt from the standpoint that it created a political and behavioral backlash by the paranoid, overly political and those who lean towards believing conspiracy theories and they don't participate in things that do help (social distancing, not going into bars, wearing masks when indoors and distancing isn't possible).

You come in at a BMI of 26.4 which makes you overweight.

Everyone can lose weight. There are zero excuses that I think make sense.

But you are correct. I don’t expect anyone to actually make any changes. Many Americans have become very lazy and make too damn many excuses.

Well, then by BMI standards, I am WAY overweight. 6'1'' and 230 lbs. What that doesn't take into account is my frame with broad shoulders, a 50'' chest and 36'' waist. I turned 50 in April and have resumed regular workouts. I am about 15 lbs. from being ripped again. All that said, I am very fortunate. I have good genes and when I need to lose weight, I know exactly what to do and I pull those levers. As soon as clothes start to not fit right, those levers are pulled. I am fortunate my wife (no pic) is a great cook and we always eat balanced meals. Our 4 1/2 year old daughter eats EVERYTHING, including vegetables and fruits that most kids won't touch. She will live a healthy life.

Reactions: haw-key and unIowa
Lockdowns work by their very nature of forcing social distancing. Where lock downs fail (with this virus anyway doesn't necessary apply to future novel virus pandemics that may be more deadly) is that you have idiots (like the MAGAs in this case) who then start to get paranoid thinking things like smart social distancing and wearing a mask in indoor settings is some sort of political ploy to control the population and unseat their Dear Leader this November (these are literally some of the stupidest people on the planet).

So strict lock downs hurt from the standpoint that it created a political and behavioral backlash by the paranoid, overly political and those who lean towards believing conspiracy theories and they don't participate in things that do help (social distancing, not going into bars, wearing masks when indoors and distancing isn't possible).

Wrong. Lockdown severity correlates with more cases, deaths, and healthcare infrastructure strain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT