ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone else noticed Amazon drivers using wifi blockers?

artradley

HR Legend
Apr 26, 2013
We installed a Ring camera several months ago, and I've noticed that about 80% of the time that an Amazon truck delivers something, they do not set off the motion detector so there is no notification and they are not recorded. It would seem to almost certainly be some kind of wifi jammer. Anyone else notice this?

Reactions: JupiterHawk
We installed a Ring camera several months ago, and I've noticed that about 80% of the time that an Amazon truck delivers something, they do not set off the motion detector so there is no notification and they are not recorded. It would seem to almost certainly be some kind of wifi jammer. Anyone else notice this?
Why would they need wifi blockers? They own Ring.

I’d block Ring notifications for the safety of the drivers. People are nuts.

If they're using a wifi blocker then I'd lose internet on my device when the driver is here.

I've never seen that happen.

My ring is showing no events when a packaged was delivered yesterday morning…

Ring seems to be unreliable. People can come to my door and I'll get no notice. Other times I get a notice and nothing is on the camera.
I've heard the nest doorbells are better.

Ring seems to be unreliable. People can come to my door and I'll get no notice. Other times I get a notice and nothing is on the camera.
I've heard the nest doorbells are better.

Ours really never misses anything. But Amazon it will miss 100% of the time if they are in an Amazon truck. If some Amazon contractor in their own vehicle comes, Ring will see them.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
It is interesting, I have noticed a similar phenomenon with my Blink doorbell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT