ADVERTISEMENT

Has Iowa reached out to this Louisville recruit? D'Ante Davis

MonmouthHawk

Scout Team
Aug 29, 2002
The 6-8 Davis, a former Louisville commit who has reopened his recruitment, averaged 22.0 points and 10.0 rebounds per game as a senior to lead Warren Central to a 15-8 season. Davis broke the single-game school scoring record and tied the single-game rebound record. For his high school career, Davis finished with 1,178 points and 492 rebounds.

I saw this kid play in a game vs. Perkins in hs and I thought he was big time even as a soph. I thought he is the kind of player Frans system was built for. I saw the above in the Indy Star and had not realized he many not end up at Louisville. My take was in an high pressure game he thrived and played with great IQ and in the team framework. His brother was a big time recruit, I forget where. My guess is Fran is not focused on HS but I was really impressed by this young guy.

Reactions: perryhawk and nu2u
I
The 6-8 Davis, a former Louisville commit who has reopened his recruitment, averaged 22.0 points and 10.0 rebounds per game as a senior to lead Warren Central to a 15-8 season. Davis broke the single-game school scoring record and tied the single-game rebound record. For his high school career, Davis finished with 1,178 points and 492 rebounds.

I saw this kid play in a game vs. Perkins in hs and I thought he was big time even as a soph. I thought he is the kind of player Frans system was built for. I saw the above in the Indy Star and had not realized he many not end up at Louisville. My take was in an high pressure game he thrived and played with great IQ and in the team framework. His brother was a big time recruit, I forget where. My guess is Fran is not focused on HS but I was really impressed by this young guy.
I've seen anywhere from 6'4" to 6'6" in his recruiting profiles. And I haven't seen where Iowa was in on him. Were they?

Rivals shows he only had 4 offers: Louisville, Indiana, Nebraska and Purdue.

Ohio State showed interest but never offered.

As far as I know, Iowa never showed interest.

Interesting, in my opinion he was the best player on the floor that night with a ton of D-1 players and good talent. I see monster upside. He had to be at least 6-6 and I would not be surprised at 6-8. His dad is a coach and I think he had a brother go to a D1 school.

ADVERTISEMENT