ADVERTISEMENT

Has Kirk ever flipped a 5 star commitment?

Actually pretty interesting topic, I'll be curious to see what Neon can do at Colorado. I'm more curious what people think are Kirk's biggest surprises with recruiting. I would have to say Cedric Everson (yeah not a great story) commitment on signing day was the most surprising.

I'm not quite sure what you are attempting to bitch about, Iowa pulled in a 5* last year. I can tell this thread is headed into bitching about the OC though.
This, It's the off season and nothing for news is coming out of the athletic dept so the complainers, bitchers and the sky is falling people can only keep complaining. They're all fun to be associated with aren't they

This, It's the off season and nothing for news is coming out of the athletic dept so the complainers, bitchers and the sky is falling people can only keep complaining. They're all fun to be associated with aren't they
Well Kirk was stupid enough to bring his laughingstock son to the final in home visit of his best recruit ever right before he bailed for a team who isn't a joke on offense and Captain Fat Cat has kept everyone in the dark on if anything will change at all in the month since it happened.

I know it's a zero accountability program on the inside but you can't be surprised people want answers from the $7 million dollar man. Kirk brings this upon himself but keep bitching about the bitching, genius

Na it's all well founded IMO, but every single thread turns into it.

I think now would be a good time to mention how great a job Kirk does at producing MEN.
Deion clearly doesn't have what it takes to produce MEN.
Iowa wins the natty every year in the MAN making championship. The real championship.

First look at the CFP Man Championship Rings:

nick-karvounis-378851.jpg

Well Kirk was stupid enough to bring his laughingstock son to the final in home visit of his best recruit ever right before he bailed for a team who isn't a joke on offense and Captain Fat Cat has kept everyone in the dark on if anything will change at all in the month since it happened.

I know it's a zero accountability program on the inside but you can't be surprised people want answers from the $7 million dollar man. Kirk brings this upon himself but keep bitching about the bitching, genius
Genius.
Thanks
And all you Geniuses keep spewing your negativity about Iowa FB that has become tiresome.
But if all you Geniuses feel better, I guess it's ok.
Fans pay money to watch the team play but that is as far as it goes. Kirk does not answer to the fans.
So keep on Bitching, Pissing and moaning about something fans have no control over except not buying tickets and rooting for a different team (hint).

Genius.
Thanks
And all you Geniuses keep spewing your negativity about Iowa FB that has become tiresome.
Fans pay money to watch the team play but that is as far as it goes. Kirk does not answer to the fans.
So keep on Bitching, Pissing and moaning about something fans have no control over except not buying tickets and rooting for a different team (hint).
It might be less negative over at ON3.

Genius.
Thanks

Everyone answers to their customers. He wasn't annointed a monarch. Even they have to be accountable at some point.

Reactions: RothMatt
My statement was not a complaint but a question. While yes they strive to get five stars, Iowa flipping of committed recruits at 5 star is probably zero. Prime has done it now at two schools in less than 5 years.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Everyone answers to their customers. He wasn't annointed a monarch. Even they have to be accountable at some point.
Not to the fans.
Barta yeah, but just spewing negativity over and over just to make yourself feel good won't get a answer from Kirk.

My statement was not a complaint but a question. While yes they strive to get five stars, Iowa flipping of committed recruits at 5 star is probably zero. Prime has done it now at two schools in less than 5 years.
I understand your statement and don't have a problem with it.
Lets give Prime some time and see how things shake out for him.
He did ok in the minor league, lets see how he does in the majors.

I understand your statement and don't have a problem with it.
Lets give Prime some time and see how things shake out for him.
He did ok in the minor league, lets see how he does in the majors.
So, do you think it's his coaching ability or perhaps the dazzle? He has a 26 and 5 record in 3 years but zero championships. According to many on this board, they would say he can't win the big one and would call for a change.

Reactions: kceasthawk
I know we always talk about diamonds in the rough vs 5 star kids - and it’s easy for that discussion to get old. But a very real and candid question - who truly is the better talent between Cooper DeJean (3 star kid with 5 star talent imo) vs the kid Deion just flipped?

I’d rather have Cooper, and I also think talent level (aka star power) is the same too. Kid just has unreal ball skills and game feel combined with size, speed, athleticism. We didn’t know it at the time Cooper signed tho - but letting it play out for a year and judging the players after a couple years in college is a better barometer.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I know we always talk about diamonds in the rough vs 5 star kids - and it’s easy for that discussion to get old. But a very real and candid question - who truly is the better talent between Cooper DeJean (3 star kid with 5 star talent imo) vs the kid Deion just flipped?

I’d rather have Cooper, and I also think talent level (aka star power) is the same too. Kid just has unreal ball skills and game feel combined with size, speed, athleticism. We didn’t know it at the time Cooper signed tho - but letting it play out for a year and judging the players after a couple years in college is a better barometer.

Cooper was the salvation for 2022. I can't imagine how badly things would have gone if he wasn't out there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT