ADVERTISEMENT

Hate To Say It But...

Last ten games 4.9 pts, 0.5 off/1.4 d rbs., 27.5% fg, around 19 minutes pg. Who knows how many points his D is giving up. Not really contributing much to the cause.
If you've read many of these threads you'd know I have been quite vocal that he should be playing much less. I was just refuting the assertion that this is who he has always been. It's not. He had 24 vs wiscy the first game and has had solid offensive games scattered throughout his career. He is truly lost now and shouldn't play above players who are doing more to help the team until he figures it out...just to be clear

Reactions: hoythawk
If you've read many of these threads you'd know I have been quite vocal that he should be playing much less. I was just refuting the assertion that this is who he has always been. It's not. He had 24 vs wiscy the first game and has had solid offensive games scattered throughout his career. He is truly lost now and shouldn't play above players who are doing more to help the team until he figures it out...just to be clear
Agreed.

Hence the reason I stated, "last 10 games". Yes, he's had some decent offensive games this year with multiple rebounds but there have been far too many of the 20+ minutes 2-4 points, 2 rebounds and getting burned on D.

Seems like a good kid and I hope he gets healthy and can somehow find his confidence again.

Reactions: blhawk
Had Iowa had the Swarm Collective last year I feel confident in saying we get one of the transfers Fran was pursuing.

Dear god, we just walloped a top 15 ranked Indiana squad at their place after they swept the likely regular season champs…and you can’t even take 24 hours to enjoy the win before ragging on somebody.
I don't believe Fran was bringing anyone that would take Conners minutes. Great win over Indiana. We will go as far as Kris, Tony, PR, and Peyton take us. 3 of them need to be on for us to make a run.

I don't believe Fran was bringing anyone that would take Conners minutes. Great win over Indiana. We will go as far as Kris, Tony, PR, and Peyton take us. 3 of them need to be on for us to make a run.
What are you talking about? The primary reason connor is starting now was due to Patrick taking the leave of absence. Prior to that, he was averaging in the teens per game.

fran brought in multiple big man transfers for visits, was in contact with others, but unfortunately couldn’t land them. Remember, this was when Ogundele was in the portal as well, and the need for another big man was obvious.

this idea that Connor continues to get playing time out of familial obligations instead of actually being a quality player remains ludicrous.

ADVERTISEMENT