ADVERTISEMENT

Hate Week Poll Time! Should this type of play be illegal?

Should this type of block be illegal in college football?

• Yes - way too dangerous!

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • No - football is a man's sport, don't be pansies!

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Probably - but not if it's against a shyte team like Iowa State

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
never gets old

200.gif

Yeah...

That was the one fun part about playing offensive line (which I hated and wasn't meant for) - pulling and seeing a defensive player come across the line and get wide-eyed like he'd just found a secret portal to another dimension, and then ear-holing him into oblivion.

But, practically, it's probably not a very safe play as we learn about the long-term dangers of concussions.

Defenders fault. Needs to keep his head on a swivel.

Football has done a good job of abdicating personal responsibility kind of like society these days. it used to be when you stepped between the lines you were responsible for yourself. Now we have rules against blind side blocks, defenseless receivers, etc. The coaches are allowed to put players in vulnerable situations and we use the rules to cover for them. Don't want your QB killed then keep guys in to block, don't want to get earholed keep your head on a swivel. Hey coach and QB, you're going to get your receiver killed having him fly blindly across the middle for that pass.

SOFT!

Yeah...

That was the one fun part about playing offensive line (which I hated and wasn't meant for) - pulling and seeing a defensive player come across the line and get wide-eyed like he'd just found a secret portal to another dimension, and then ear-holing him into oblivion.

But, practically, it's probably not a very safe play as we learn about the long-term dangers of concussions.
I too hated playing OL and only enjoyed it when I got to smack a misdirected LB.

Yeah...

I loved pulling around on a counter. There was always some unsuspecting DE or linebacker about to get lit up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT