ADVERTISEMENT

Have You Actually Met and Interacted With Any of the Politicians You Post About?

GOHOX69

HR Legend
Sep 26, 2009
I have. I have met Kim Reynolds, Brenna Bird (Findley), 3XMMM, Steve King, Jim Nussle, Loebsack, Leach, Boswell and numerous sundry types.

Let me clear to all of you. No one on either side gives 2 shits about you, your morals, values and/or your existence. At the end of the day, it's all about power and self preservation and $$$$$$ regardless of party affiliation.

Same goes for peeps from other states. The only person that impressed me was Tammy Duckworth because of her helicopter injury. She's got the tail rotor from the chopper that chopped off her legs in her office. It was stark and powerful.

So if your party won, great. If your party lost, oh well. I know one thing. They are gonna be eating good on tax payer money in DC tonight. I know because I used to attend those parties as a lobbyist. Good looking young women, best steak and seafood and bodily fluids shared across party lines.

That's why I find politics funny. No one gonna give you a hot minute unless ya butter them up with $$$$.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Exactly. They can talk about what they’ll do to change things all they want m, but if they don’t cater to the party they’re out the door and the lifers don’t blink an eye.

I met Chuck Grassley at the Orlando convention center during the 2005 Cap1 bowl festivities. We were waiting in the lobby and an elevator door opened up right next to us. Out comes Chuck, he locks onto us immediately for some glad-handing. The guy had a long fresh drip of blood running from the corner of his mouth down his chin and throat. At the time we figured he had just cut himself shaving. 20/20 hindsight allows me to realize he had instead been ritualistically drinking blood with the rest of his elite satanic buddies. Schrodinger’s razor supports my analysis.

I've met senator mark Warner several times. Nice guy, but agree he doesn't give 2 shits about anyone but loves the power.

I also met a congressman who actually knocked on my door and asked me about what I cared about. Seemed truly genuine, but I couldn't overlook the fact that he chose the nicest neighborhood in town to knock on doors in.

My general assumption is that anyone you'd actually want to represent you isn't dumb enough to go into politics.

I was a Republican until 2016. I spent many hours with Kim Reynolds discussing the privatization of the Medicaid system in Iowa before she was governor when Branstad was implementing the program.

I’ve said it numerous times, talking to Kim Reynolds and having her understand the issues was like trying to teach my dog to read a newspaper in Portuguese.

Not going to happen

Some in the past, but nobody recently. It's become too expensive to have an opportunity to be in the same room as a politician.

By too expensive I mean, I'm not going to donate a dime to either major party or a campaign and it seems to be a trend to only invite donors.

Adam Schiff has been in contact with my family for decades. Started when he was first running for office and looking for campaign money from my dad and his company. Mom and dad liked him because he was a 'blue dog' at the time. Now they won't take his calls because he's "gone liberal."
He sent a nice video message for a funeral of my friend's mom. She was very involved in LA philanthropies and he knew the family from some of those.

I have met Al Gore, Chuck Grassley and Mike Franken - all were ok, all politician speak. I used to work for Don Bolduc who just lost the Senate race in New Hampshire. He was a great special ops leader.

I have always felt I had a close, very personal relationship with Nancy Reagan. As a much younger man, I had a recurring dream where she was decided I had been bad and needed a spanking, and things started there until suddenly she was riding me like a Shetland pony. She was a very creative, adventurous soul.

Reactions: torbee and JMSBFD
I have always felt I had a close, very personal relationship with Nancy Reagan. As a much younger man, I had a recurring dream where she was decided I had been bad and needed a spanking, and things started there until suddenly she was riding me like a Shetland pony. She was a very creative, adventurous soul.

Rumor has it

ski_head-monster-88-ti-2019_n12560-9729-0_l.jpg

Reactions: Moral and EasyHawk
I have a photo of me and Hillary Clinton and my two daughters together when they were 5 and 6 years old about 11 years or so ago at a labor days picnic in Hampton, Illinois. 😳

Kim Reynolds and Brenna Bird. Totally underwhelmed by both of them.

Hey Birch . . . remember when, as a law student, you thought people who served as Attorney General, US Attorney and/or as judges to be the tops of the profession?

Just think . . . Iowa has had Matt Whitaker serving as a US Attorney and now has Brenna Bird serving as Attorney General.

Yikes.

The new FL Commissioner of Agriculture (Wilton Simpson) is a good friend of mine who I've known for 40+ years, since our high school days. He'd been the most recent President of the State Senate (in which he served for 10 years). Through him, I've been introduced to a number of folks at various functions.

Had another good friend who served as the FL Secretary of State for a while.

Back in the late 1990s, while he was a commissioner for Miami, I sat next to Rubio for a couple of days at a local government conference (I was a commissioner for my hometown at the time). Chatted with him off & on, he was ok but came across a bit arrogant for my tastes. While I was on my city commission, I got to know a number of people who'd started in similar seats & worked up into State legislative offices & a few who served a bit in Congress; I think all that I knew through that channel are now out of office (other than Marco).

For the most part, I'd very much agree with the sentiment in OP.

No, but a couple I have known for a very long time have worked with Desantis. They are both Florida R by career and both think very little of his ability, consideration for others, isn't trustworthy, and while cunning, isn't as intelligent as people think. Like many other politicians really aren't out to help others, only himself for money and power.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I met Jeb Bush in the 90s when he was running for governor. Nice enough, but no particular impression of him.

Saw Ron Paul at Ruby Diamond auditorium in 2014, after he had retired.
Didn’t seem particularly interested in power or money, but his speech amused the crowd.

Hey Birch . . . remember when, as a law student, you thought people who served as Attorney General, US Attorney and/or as judges to be the tops of the profession?

Just think . . . Iowa has had Matt Whitaker serving as a US Attorney and now has Brenna Bird serving as Attorney General.

Yikes.
I worked for a judge before law school and that's when I realized that if these idiots could graduate law school and pass the bar, so could I. I feel silly for ever doubting that.

I have met Ashley Hinson and know several people who have worked with her in the past. The first thing that comes to mind for me and those who know her is that she is definitely the C word!

I have. I have met Kim Reynolds, Brenna Bird (Findley), 3XMMM, Steve King, Jim Nussle, Loebsack, Leach, Boswell and numerous sundry types.

Let me clear to all of you. No one on either side gives 2 shits about you, your morals, values and/or your existence. At the end of the day, it's all about power and self preservation and $$$$$$ regardless of party affiliation.

Same goes for peeps from other states. The only person that impressed me was Tammy Duckworth because of her helicopter injury. She's got the tail rotor from the chopper that chopped off her legs in her office. It was stark and powerful.

So if your party won, great. If your party lost, oh well. I know one thing. They are gonna be eating good on tax payer money in DC tonight. I know because I used to attend those parties as a lobbyist. Good looking young women, best steak and seafood and bodily fluids shared across party lines.

That's why I find politics funny. No one gonna give you a hot minute unless ya butter them up with $$$$.
Still in Debbie Downer mode, I see. Cheer up, racist.

I've met senator mark Warner several times. Nice guy, but agree he doesn't give 2 shits about anyone but loves the power.

I also met a congressman who actually knocked on my door and asked me about what I cared about. Seemed truly genuine, but I couldn't overlook the fact that he chose the nicest neighborhood in town to knock on doors in.

My general assumption is that anyone you'd actually want to represent you isn't dumb enough to go into politics.
That subtle brag though....

Reactions: thewop
I’ve talked to Jared Polis a dozen or so times. Nice guy and entirely too smart for politics.

I think he’s genuinely well-intentioned, as he gave up billions in opportunities to go into public service.

I met Trump on the campaign in 2016. He came across as engaging, humble, rational, inquisitive, and quite sane. It still didn't make me want to vote for him, though.
I met Rick Perry several years ago, and after that there was no possible way I was ever going to vote for him. In person he's a complete douche canoe. He comes across as the smarmiest used car salesman you've ever seen.

My local union’s president just won an Iowa house seat. Jeff Cooling.

I have met Ashley Hinson and know several people who have worked with her in the past. The first thing that comes to mind for me and those who know her is that she is definitely the C word!
I currently work in some minor grassroots lobbying for veterans issues. Her staff is the most closed off and least open to dialogue.

Grassley’s though generally unsupportive, at least professionally engages. On the other hand of Iowa’s Senators, Joni Ernst and her staff have never once responded or engaged or supported, and that’s sad as she’s a veteran.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT