ADVERTISEMENT

Have you heard about ARFID?

The Tradition

HB King
Apr 23, 2002
What Is ARFID? Avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder (ARFID) is a fairly new eating disorder. Children with ARFID are extremely selective eaters and sometimes have little interest in eating food. They may eat a limited variety of preferred foods, which can lead to poor growth and poor nutrition.

Dafuq? That's completely normal.

Reactions: Tom Paris
What Is ARFID? Avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder (ARFID) is a fairly new eating disorder. Children with ARFID are extremely selective eaters and sometimes have little interest in eating food. They may eat a limited variety of preferred foods, which can lead to poor growth and poor nutrition.

I have it, or at least my wife believe I have it.

I don’t wanna eat!!! I really struggle with some of this nonsense. Picky eaters are the worst. Starving people all over the world.

All my kids were picky eaters but they all eventually grew out of it, like most do.

I’ve never heard of a picky eater dying from starvation, they all eventually eat whatever they are served or make for themselves.

There are always going to be outliers. With my kids though, my mantra has been “can’t starve in a day.” Funny how they get less picky when you cater less. Don’t believe me? Take a picky eater camping; the palate becomes significantly more adventurous after about 4 days.

I was less experienced (obviously) with my oldest, and I think he had a couple years where he mostly only ate chicken nuggets. My youngest is 7 and he has been less catered-to. He eats more adventurously than your average rural Iowa adult. 10yo loves oysters on the half shell. All 4 kids put Tabasco, Valentino, Louisiana hot sauces on their food. Flip side is they are borderline snobs and sometimes turn their noses up at “kids” foods like kraft singles.

Reactions: sabula
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT