ADVERTISEMENT

Hawk Central: Hawkeyes "At a Crossroads" After Rutgers Drubbing

Not sure who else got hurt. I really thought pitching would be the strong point this year. With the remaining schedule it's going to be really hard to move up RPI wise as they face 4 of the bottom 5 in the conference.

Iowa could move up marginally if they win the series or get a sweep at Michigan State, but we're talking in the 80's max.

Other than that, it will be right around where we are at now or worse.

I believe the coaching staff said/thought pitching would be a strong point going into this year as well. You can't say enough how much it hurts to lose CJ Eldred. I really think our record is a lot better with him getting every Saturday start then you obviously could've plugged Erickson in on Sundays.

With that said, it is what i is. Where does Iowa go on Sundays here? If Elijah Wood is healthy I say start him against Penn State. I like what he has done in his last two outings.

At this point you are fighting to get a birth in the B1G tournament which is very doable. Then you hope to get hot and make a run like last year.

Yeah, Wood seems like a legit option. Who do you think would go against Milwaukee? Maybe give Ritter another shot to start again at some point? Probably not this week since he pitched a couple games last week. Definitely hurt losing Eldred, I was excited for the Gallagher/Eldred 1-2 punch.

Yeah, Wood seems like a legit option. Who do you think would go against Milwaukee? Maybe give Ritter another shot to start again at some point? Probably not this week since he pitched a couple games last week. Definitely hurt losing Eldred, I was excited for the Gallagher/Eldred 1-2 punch.

With Wood starting against Milwaukee, I think you could start Ritter in the third PSU game. The main problem we are running into now is that Ritter has been fairly good out of the bullpen since his early season struggles. We are still going to need guys to step up in the late innings, but at the same time we can't afford to be down 2-3 runs after the 1st inning continually.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT