ADVERTISEMENT

Hawk fans are everywhere

Mar 19, 2018
New York Times photo from Oxford, MS. Probably a Brandon Smith fan.

merlin_175340871_e35de2f3-cce9-4d9d-bc5f-5b6720475abf-superJumbo.jpg

My guess would be that she's a Paki fan. Why? Because ALL Hawkeye fans are Paki fans!

Paki! Paki! Paki! Long live the Paki!

I lived in Alabama last fall and wore an Iowa Hawkeye hat at the Miss. State @ Auburn game. As I was walking to the stadium from an awesome tailgate, another Hawk fan with a Hawkeye hat walked by with a group. We both yell, "Go Hawks!" Hahahaha...the group I was with said, "what the hell, another Iowa guy?" The group he was with said, "How in the heck is there another Iowa Hawkeye here?"
We are all over!

p.s. although Auburn was a fun tailgating experience, nothing beats Kinnick!

I remember back in the 70s on the old sportsline with Jim Zabel. WHO at night could be heard all over the country and people called in form everywhere. It was before the time of the Internet and this was how fans got their information.

We're everywhere indeed. This is one of the more entertaining things about my marrying a Minnesota girl. (not really a "Gopher fan"...cause is there such a thing?).

She was never into college sports much until we got together a little over 10 years ago. She's all Hawkeye now and no matter where we travel, she knows we'll always run into IOWA fans. So much so, that when it happens she just looks at me as says "We're everywhere". Gotta love it.

I live in Long Beach- just south of LA/Santa Monica area. What is the name of this Hawkeye bar?! :)
Barneys Beanery on 3rd street Promenade. It is really great and very welcoming crowd. If you wear a Hawkeye shirt you get a discount on food and drinks. Nothing like showing up at 9am kickoff and a couple hundred Hawk fans drinking screwdrivers and eating wings.

I live in Long Beach- just south of LA/Santa Monica area. What is the name of this Hawkeye bar?! :)

Stop in whenever football starts up again! There is also another gamewatch location at the Barney's Beanery in Redondo Beach, but the Santa Monica location is the main spot and always has a good crowd.

We used to get 50% off our entire bill, but I think it's less than that now.

Introduce yourself to Isaiah - President of the LA I-Club, and Eric aka "The Mayor".

Barneys Beanery on 3rd street Promenade. It is really great and very welcoming crowd. If you wear a Hawkeye shirt you get a discount on food and drinks. Nothing like showing up at 9am kickoff and a couple hundred Hawk fans drinking screwdrivers and eating wings.
This is incredible. Thanks!

Stop in whenever football starts up again! There is also another gamewatch location at the Barney's Beanery in Redondo Beach, but the Santa Monica location is the main spot and always has a good crowd.

We used to get 50% off our entire bill, but I think it's less than that now.

Introduce yourself to Isaiah - President of the LA I-Club, and Eric aka "The Mayor".
Outstanding! Thank you. I'll show up whenever it is that football resumes.
tenor.gif

My wife and I were in Honduras once, and as always, I was wearing a Hawkeye cap.... got a shout out of "go Hawks" from a local working a food/drink cart.
Surprised me, to say the least.

That was an ignorant response to that no need to bring up color he was simply mentioning that they saw a fan in Mississippi.. why bring in the color of the person? So if they were green they would be a packers fan?

It would be ignorant (lacking knowledge or awareness) if he didn't know that Brandon Smith was from Mississippi.

If he is aware of that, he's not ignorant. He's just an idiot.

ADVERTISEMENT