ADVERTISEMENT

Hawk hater changing my tune

ketelmeister

HR Heisman
Dec 10, 2006
I grew up a Hawk fan in Cedar Rapids and went to Iowa State. I learned to hate the Hawks, but have to admit I admire the way Iowa had the balls to stand up to the Big 10 with playing. You are getting screwed, and the country is getting screwed. It's better if all at least try to play a season. My views of Iowa and it's fans has changed, and that's a good thing. Always rooting against Iowa has gotten old. I will now root for both teams (except when we play each other). Just thought some might be interested fwiw.

I grew up a Hawk fan in Cedar Rapids and went to Iowa State. I learned to hate the Hawks, but have to admit I admire the way Iowa had the balls to stand up to the Big 10 with playing. You are getting screwed, and the country is getting screwed. It's better if all at least try to play a season. My views of Iowa and it's fans has changed, and that's a good thing. Always rooting against Iowa has gotten old. I will now root for both teams (except when we play each other). Just thought some might be interested fwiw.

All will be forgiven if you take Nebraska back in the Big 12.

It takes a big man to realize that Iowa > Iowa State.......

:cool:

All will be forgiven if you take Nebraska back in the Big 12.
Honestly this whole thing has made me respect Nebraska more. They haven’t had any ugly issues since they joined like MSU, PSU or to a lesser extent Iowa. Their fan base was actually very respectful while Iowa had their issues this summer. Yeah their fans can be delusional but let’s pump the breaks on kicking them out for the crime of wanting to play football. Their athletic department is extremely frustrated with lack of transparency and that’s understandable.

Honestly this whole thing has made me respect Nebraska more. They haven’t had any ugly issues since they joined like MSU, PSU or to a lesser extent Iowa. Their fan base was actually very respectful while Iowa had their issues this summer. Yeah their fans can be delusional but let’s pump the breaks on kicking them out for the crime of wanting to play football. Their athletic department is extremely frustrated with lack of transparency and that’s understandable.
Lulz......

It takes a big man to realize that Iowa > Iowa State.......

:cool:

or this guy...

SIOecIDH.jpg

Yeah their fans can be delusional but let’s pump the breaks on kicking them out for the crime of wanting to play football.
Their fans believe they haven’t had any breaks in the Big Ten scheduling wise. As far as pumping the brakes on their ‘crime’, how would the vote turn out if it was up to the other 13 schools to keep them or to boot them?

Their fans believe they haven’t had any breaks in the Big Ten scheduling wise. As far as pumping the brakes on their ‘crime’, how would the vote turn out if it was up to the other 13 schools to keep them or to boot them?
I’m from Western Iowa and hate Nebraska. But, they have been a much better add then Rutgers and I don’t mind beating them every year. People like Jon Miller and Rob Howe went after them for wanting to play football. I think we should be playing football so find another reason to kick them out if you wish.

Reactions: wkato and 24 so far

Not sure how serious you are, but over the years I too grew tired of hating ISU and rooting against them. I will even watch them play now. I still enjoy debating with them regarding our rivalry however. And no, I am not a master debater.

Honestly this whole thing has made me respect Nebraska more.

Do you realize that you just used "respect" and "Nebraska" in the same sentence? I think you should get a CAT scan so that the doctors can locate your brain tumor. Hopefully, they'll be able to remove all of it and you'll be able to think normally again.

Ketle, I too grew up a Hawk fan and went to ISU. I have always said the biggest Hawkeye fans, and biggest Hawkeye haters in the world have one thing in common. They all grew up Hawkeye fans, and went to ISU(I started at Simpson for 1 year.)

I went down the other path. I lived in Ames from ‘98-‘03...ISU’s five year win streak. Not awesome.

I was an exercise science major, and had a class with former ISU kicker Mike McKnight.

There was a day when I had on some Hawkeye shirt. McKnight happened to be gone that day, and my professor, Deb Power said “Tim, you’re lucky Mike’s not here, he’d kick you through the uprights.” Another kid in class piped up “Don’t worry, you’d be wide right.”

If you remember McKnight, this was an apt criticism:)

Your post is sweet. I’ll still wish for every ISU team in every sport to be gloriously disemboweled every time they play though. Just sayin.’
There are some fans that make you think that way but the bulk of them aren't so bad.
Having been a coach of several sports and having a sporta scholarship kid I prefer to support as.many of the great kids of Iowa as possible as long as they aren't playing Iowa.

I grew up a Hawk fan and attended Iowa State. Hmm, I'm still a Hawk fan, but I do root on ISU when they are not playing Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT