ADVERTISEMENT

Hawk recruits roll at Fargo with 4 champs

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

That sounds awesome! But for an occasional wrestling fan like me, I don’t know how this measures up to other programs. Did recruits from other programs perform not as well or better? Articles that don’t put things in context just end up reading like puff pieces or propaganda, kinda like the stuff that ISU pumps out for their awesome football program.

Go Hawks!

That sounds awesome! But for an occasional wrestling fan like me, I don’t know how this measures up to other programs. Did recruits from other programs perform not as well or better? Articles that don’t put things in context just end up reading like puff pieces or propaganda, kinda like the stuff that ISU pumps out for their awesome football program.

Go Hawks!

It's good in the sense that it is a very, very good tournament and you want your best recruits winning. However, without looking at the brackets in detail, in general many of the top ranked guys (top 5ish) at each weight didn't attend. In particular, many kids from the east do not go to Fargo.

Also, note that this is a blog post called "Iowa Wrestling Fan." If you're looking for hard-hitting journalism you will want to look elsewhere. Todd does a great job with information but he's a fan. A well connected one, at that.

ADVERTISEMENT