ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeye Football parents getting national press

Great to see the Iowa Hawkeye football parents speaking out, trying to get
Big10 to reconsider their decision regarding Football season.

Thank you to the Goodson family and others for getting involved.

Really great to see !!!

#gohawks
I absolutely applaud their efforts, But I'd be stunned if the BIG office walks this back. It would make them look totally incompetent, which may be accurate, but their not going to wear that publicly. Quite honestly they've got a hell of an uphill battle here. There main premise is that not only should they as parents be more informed, (which they should), but that the league and University decision makers need to give them (the parents and players), seats at the conference's decision making table if you will. Lets face it, that NEVER happens with any governing body.

Last edited:
Great to see the Iowa Hawkeye football parents speaking out, trying to get
Big10 to reconsider their decision regarding Football season.

Thank you to the Goodson family and others for getting involved.

Really great to see !!!

#gohawks

Oops. Another NiceHawk misfire.

Again, for those in RioLinda, the Iowa Football parents did
try to get the Big10 offices to reconsider.
Who knows what the academic, ivoryTower folks will do.
#gohawks

Reactions: OKCRockHawk
We just got done with the softball and baseball seasons for Iowa high school kids. AAU basketball is done. My grandaughter just started school this week and starts volleyball practice on monday. 3 of the power 5 conference are planning on fall sports this year. And yet the big ten wants to wait until the virus disappears before they play ball or even consult in a serious way with the players or parents. They should reconsider.

I absolutely applaud their efforts, But I'd be stunned if the BIG office walks this back. It would make them look totally incompetent, which may be accurate, but their not going to wear that publicly. Quite honestly they've got a hell of an uphill battle here. There main premise is that not only should they as parents be more informed, (which they should), but that the league and University decision makers need to give them (the parents and players), seats at the conference's decision making table if you will. Lets face it, that NEVER happens with any governing body.
Yes, not very often upper management admits they are wrong.
I find it funny that so many in leadership are so hurt by being wrong or what they will look like if they change their minds.
It does and should happen because we are.all human and many times don't have the full scope of information.

Yes, not very often upper management admits they are wrong.
I find it funny that so many in leadership are so hurt by being wrong or what they will look like if they change their minds.
It does and should happen because we are.all human and many times don't have the full scope of information.

They're not wrong yet. Come back in a month.

ADVERTISEMENT