ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeye Heaven/Levi Thompson now Trying to Profit from Garza&Spencer Lee. He CONTINUES TO STEAL CONTENT/PLAGIARIZE; the Media&Fans have had Enough

JAN 30, 2019 UPDATE:

If you are following Hawkeye Heaven on Facebook or Twitter, I hope you stop.

Hawkeye Heaven/Levi Thompson continues to steal content from real journalists; he then plagiarizes by passing the info off as his own on his Hawkeye Heaven Facebook & Twitter pages; he continues to give ZERO credit to the actual reporter who got the scoop/info.

Here is one more example:

On Jan 15, 2019 at 10:39 pm CT, Scott Dochterman wrote this on Twitter:

Hearing former Iowa RB Akrum Waldley will opt for the new AAF Atlanta franchise (Michael Vick is the OC) rather than sign a contract with the CFL's Ottawa RedBlacks.

On Jan 17 at 12:05 am Hawkeye Heaven / Levi Thompson then posted this (pretty much word for word from Scott's tweet, yet he gives no credit to Scott):

Akrum Wadley will play for the new AAF Atlanta franchise (Michael Vick is the OC) rather than sign a contract wit the CFL's Ottawa RedBlacks.

At the end of this post is the LINK to the discussion of Levi's continued theft & plagiarism; as you will see, Chad Leistikow of the Register simply calls Levi Thompson "an idiot."

Some fans' reactions to the theft/plagiarism:

Loren S.‏@Lorenzosep

Replying to @AlexHahn_ESPN @ScottDochterman

Holy shit, this guy never stops!!!

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51
Jan 17
Replying to @ScottDochterman

THAT DUDE IS THE GD WORST

Mason Lindsey‏@mlljls310 Jan 17

And that’s why I stopped following him on all platforms.

fudgems‏@Hawkeyemi Jan 17

He’s such a terrible person.

Derek Montross‏@DerekMontross81
Jan 17

How can any self respecting Hawkeye fan like or follow this piece of shits page? I only check his Facebook page when I hear he plagiarized someone again

LINK to the Discussion:

Last edited:
JAN 30, 2019 UPDATE:

Hawkeye Heaven/Levi Thompson continues to steal content from real journalists; he then plagiarizes by passing the info off as his own on his Hawkeye Heaven Facebook & Twitter pages; he continues to give ZERO credit to the actual reporter who got the scoop/info.

Hearing former Iowa RB Akrum Waldley will opt for the new AAF Atlanta franchise (Michael Vick is the OC) rather than sign a contract with the CFL's Ottawa RedBlacks.

On Jan 17 at 12:05 am Hawkeye Heaven / Levi Thompson then posted this (pretty much word for word from Scott's tweet, yet he gives no credit to Scott):

Akrum Wadley will play for the new AAF Atlanta franchise (Michael Vick is the OC) rather than sign a contract wit the CFL's Ottawa RedBlacks.

At the end of this post is the LINK to the discussion of Levi's continued theft & plagiarism; as you will see, Chad Leistikow of the Register simply calls Levi Thompson "an idiot."

Loren S.‏@Lorenzosep

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51
Jan 17

Jan 17

How can any self respecting Hawkeye fan like or follow this piece of shits page? I only check his Facebook page when I hear he plagiarized someone again

LINK to the Discussion:

This happens frequently this day and age, unfortunately. Anything from YouTube videos to 10 second clips to sports reporting....keep calling him out and maybe he will eventually stop.

Reactions: Moral
This happens frequently this day and age, unfortunately. Anything from YouTube videos to 10 second clips to sports reporting....keep calling him out and maybe he will eventually stop.

It’s going to take a lot more heat than he gets to change his ways. He still has an enormous following. The majority of whom probably think his site is the best thing going when it comes to Iowa ahletics.

Reactions: SHAWKER
In today's world of social media this stuff will never stop.
The % of our population that lives and breathes by outrage, over reactions and intense need to impose personal opinions to drive an agenda is so high we need to accept this is what the near future will be.
Not sure how it will ever stop.
Its a social plague.

In today's world of social media this stuff will never stop.
The % of our population that lives and breathes by outrage, over reactions and intense need to impose personal opinions to drive an agenda is so high we need to accept this is what the near future will be.
Not sure how it will ever stop.
Its a social plague.

Take him to 60 minutes....lay it all out there

what i find interesting is that he thinks he is the source for all Hawkeye info when in reality he is:

* a thief and
* a day late with the info after stealing content from another reporter

he was stealing pics from Hawkeye Report, too, where again he was giving no credit to where he stole the pics; I know for a fact that @TomKakert had to put an end to that!

Again, you name the media (Hawkeye Report; The Register; The Gazette; Scott Dochterman); no one can stand him or his tactics.

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
I was thinking more like ripping off finger nails
Hahahahaha! Find out who his handler is because we know he's running a covert info campaign. Probably some billionaire Russian industrial magnate. I'll fly to Washington to brief the Joint Chiefs and the NSC.

JAN 30, 2019 UPDATE:

Loren S.‏@Lorenzosep

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51
Jan 17

Jan 17

LINK to the Discussion:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL POST (Sep 21, 2018):

This was posted by Sam Paxton, a Gazette Sports Editor. He posted it on Facebook and on Twitter. It has been re-tweeted by members of the media and by many fans.

Iowa fans, I have a favor to ask: BLOCK "Hawkeye Heaven" on Facebook & Twitter

SAM PAXTON·WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2018

To all my friends who support University of Iowa athletics (and hey, those who support Iowa State, as well), I have a favor to ask.

If you follow the Facebook page and Twitter feed “Hawkeye Heaven,” I humbly ask you to unfollow him. I wish you’d block him, actually, but I’ll settle for an unfollow. I’ll tell you why:

Most, if not all, of you know that I’ve been a professional sports journalist my entire adult life. My colleagues at The Gazette and my peers at the Des Moines Register, the Iowa City Press-Citizen, The Athletic, Tom Kakert’s Hawkeye Report and Jon Miller’s Hawkeye Nation, as well as countless other newspapers and legitimate media outlets, work tremendously hard at what we do, be it writers, photographers, editors, designers and online. Over the years, “Hawkeye Heaven” has taken photos and ideas from reputable journalists (and even readers, for that matter) on many occasions, and tried to pass them off as his own. I can name colleagues of mine that have presented him with cease-and-desist requests for using their photos without permission.

The Kinnick Wave that we all cherish across this state, regardless of fanbase? The woman credited with the idea posted it to HIS page. That is true. “Hawkeye Heaven” then took the idea and reposted it under the heading “so I was thinking …”

That’s what he does. Thankfully, KCRG and Land of 10 did their research (those are just two I remember ... and I’m sure there are countless others I haven’t seen) and gave credit to the true creator of the idea -- Krista Young of Anita, Iowa. “Hawkeye Heaven” never SAID it was his idea, true, but he didn’t give credit where credit was due, either … that is, until it took off and he was loudly called out for it, of course. But because Krista posted the idea to his page, he has been unfairly cited by many as the voice of the Hawkeye masses.

Those area code t-shirts that many of you undoubtedly own? Yep, he pretty much stole that idea, too. https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/hawkeye-heaven-getting-called-out-by-the-media-on-twitter-for-ripping-off-logo-from-charitable-group.236987/

Which brings me to today.

Everyone at this point is probably aware that Iowa State has asked their fans to wear yellow to their game on Saturday as a tribute to their (tragically and senselessly) murdered golf champion Celia Barquin Arozamena. It’s a wonderful gesture.

That same night, Iowa plays Wisconsin under the lights. Months ago, the university announced that the game would be their annual “stripe the stadium” game – alternating black and gold throughout Kinnick Stadium. There are literally thousands of season-ticket holders who get this information directly from the UI Sports Information Department.

“Hawkeye Heaven” – without any consultation with the university – went on HIS Facebook page and suggested that IOWA and ITS fans instead wear yellow, as well.

Hey, I admit it ... it’s a great gesture on paper.

But the problem is that he did this without consulting the university first, confusing his many followers into thinking that this was actually a plan that was in the works. And because of that, he’s put the idea into the heads of all the little old ladies of the state of Iowa that THIS. MUST. HAPPEN. And then when it doesn’t happen (the university has already announced that the striped game is still a go), the people out there who follow him or see his posts getting shared that DON’T realize he is neither a member of the media NOR a spokesman for the university will unfairly judge the UI officials and its fans as heartless monsters with no compassion.

The University of Iowa and its fans will most likely honor Celia, as well as Mollie Tibbetts, in their own way, and allow Iowa State and its fans to mourn and celebrate Celia’s life in THEIR own way.
But because “Hawkeye Heaven” recklessly floated this idea without consulting those in the know first, he has unwittingly found another way to sew dissension not only between the Iowa and Iowa State fanbases, but the people of Iowa at large – in a way NONE of us need. In addition, he has completely undermined the efforts of the very institution that he claims to support.

So, I ask again, please unfollow him. You don’t need to get internet muscles and confront him. Just unfollow him. Then, check out the many legitimate media outlets covering the Hawkeyes, mostly because he liberally lifts from all of our content anyway, so you might as well just go to the source … might I suggest “On Iowa”?

Or if you like the free stuff, try “Go Iowa Awesome” or “Black Heart Gold Pants”; I mean, they are fan-operated sites, as well – not accredited media – but at least they link to their sources and give the Gazette, the Register, The Athletic, etc., the proper credit.

So, on Saturday …

Iowa State fans, honor Celia. Wear yellow. Make her, her family, her teammates and your extended fanbase proud.

Iowa fans, stripe the stadium. Don’t give in to the trolls that “Hawkeye Heaven” has created.

And if it helps, look at it this way … wear gold for Celia, wear black for Mollie. And the state can and will stand united over these two senseless tragedies.

(And for the record, that idea was not my own. My friend and co-worker said it to me off the cuff tonight. See, I can give credit to those who deserve it).

LINK to his Facebook page (and to this post & the comments from Gazette readers/Iowa fans) : https://www.facebook.com/sam.paxton.10
I like Hawkeye Heaven.

Why do you like a thief? I guess that says something about your moral character. Are you no better than Levi? Or are you related to Levi? I can't understand how anybody would like or would support anything connected to Levi Thompson or Hawkeye Heaven.

aren't you the guy always posting links to illegal streams of games so people don't have to pay the btn or whoever the carrier is for the content?

Why do you like a thief? I guess that says something about your moral character. Are you no better than Levi? Or are you related to Levi? I can't understand how anybody would like or would support anything connected to Levi Thompson or Hawkeye Heaven.
Haha, I just listen to their podcast and they seem like good people. Maybe he needs to release some apologies.

I'm not familiar with HH, nor stop by therei; until I saw this thread. FWIW, I have seen duplicate posts on multiple sites, copying of media reports into posts, etc, and a percentage with no author credits. IDK, are posts or an online media reports copyrighted? If so and plagiarism can be litigated, just do it and stop promoting HH.

One observation; however, HH could not afford buy the publicity or promotion this thread is providing. IMO, I don't intend to follow HH, but now inquiring minds will check for themselves after all this blowviating.

I'll give the guy ingenuity credit, whether right or not. He's targeted the casual Hawkeye passerby via Facebook with much success. That being said, always stick to the quality presented on here, Gazette, etc.

He'd love to do that. Unfortunately, he's too busy scouring the websites of all things Iowa looking for his breaking news.

Sitting at your computer letting others do the work you put on your own website. No thank to thems, no acknowledgment. That doesn't bother some, who may not have a flickering thought that this is wrong.

I'll give the guy ingenuity credit, whether right or not. He's targeted the casual Hawkeye passerby via Facebook with much success. That being said, always stick to the quality presented on here, Gazette, etc.

That's like giving a wolf credit for chasing the young. The only difference is that the wolf will also chase the fully mature. Levi just cries about it.

He has started to have real writers produce articles. Some are actually decent.

If you go to the HH Facebook page you would think he's a victim in all this.

It makes me pretty sick that he was beside Krista Young when she was honored for The Wave.

Unfollowed him a few months ago. No real reason to follow him or his page when there are much better outlets out there who perform actual journalism and don't act like idiots.

He could have killed someone by his latest actions. And this is not his 1st OWI.

Two nights ago, Hawkeye Heaven posted for Hawkeyes to "be careful out there" when the winter storm was beginning. Last night, Levi got his third OWI. You can't make this stuff up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT