ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeye NATION can help a Hawkeye win the Sullivan award.... Vote, it's only open a few days

Descat1

HR All-State
Aug 28, 2014
Subject: Iowa Wrestling -- Spencer Lee Named Semifinalist for AAU James E. Sullivan Award
University of Iowa Wrestling

Spencer Lee Named Semifinalist for AAU James E. Sullivan Award

IOWA CITY, Iowa – University of Iowa junior Spencer Lee has been named a semifinalist for the AAU James E. Sullivan Award, presented annually since 1930 to the most outstanding amateur athlete in the United States.

Fans can vote for semifinalists by visiting aausports.org. Voting opens Monday, March 9 and closes Friday, March 13. The award winner will be announced April 21 at a ceremony in New York City.

Representatives from the AAU created the AAU James E. Sullivan Award with the intent to recognize amateur contributions and achievements from non-professional athletes across the country. The AAU Sullivan Award is presented to the athlete who has demonstrated the most athletic success, as well as leadership, character and sportsmanship in the past year.

World renowned golfer Robert “Bobby” Jones received the inaugural award in 1930 and swimmer Anne Curtis became the first female to accept the award in 1944. Other notable athletes to win the award include famed Olympians Carl Lewis (1981), Jackie Joyner-Kersee (1986), Michael Phelps (2003) and Shawn Johnson (2008), former UCLA basketball star Bill Walton (1973) and University of Tennessee quarterback Peyton Manning (1997). Most recently, ESPNW Player of the Year and NCAA Volleyball National Champion Kathryn Plummer was crowned the 89th AAU James E. Sullivan Award winner for her accomplishments in 2018.

Here is the link: https://aausports.wyng.com/AAUSullivanAwardSemifinalists

Last edited:
Voted and will vote daily until March 13. Hope all of you do the same, and share on social media.

You can vote on your ipad, laptop, and phone, so keep voting. Very easy to find it online - just google aausports, and then select the main aau website.

Voted. How do we know who is in the lead?
Not sure how we know, but when I just voted I did notice that Lee's picture is not at the bottom of the Page anymore, but up in the middle somewhere. Not sure that means anythjing......

Not sure if they all count but if you open it in incognito mode and vote it doesn't give you the "you already voted today" notification when you click on him again. So I've done that about 20 times today and it's said +1 everytime. So I've either voted once today or a lot more, figured it couldn't hurt.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Bump.............

C'mon do something good today.....

You'll feel better for doing it.
images

Maybe this has been asked and answered somewhere on the board but haven’t seen it. Will they still award the Hodge this year?

ADVERTISEMENT